NaVorro Bowman: 49ers Linebacker Suffers Gruesome Leg Injury — Pics

Mon, January 20, 2014 11:17am EDT by 12 Comments

The 49ers’ defensive leader had a tough day in the NFC Championship on Jan. 19. Not only did his team fall to the Seattle Seahawks, but in the fourth quarter he went down with a horrific leg injury that cut his day short.

Unfortunately for NaVorro Bowman, the San Francisco 49ers linebacker joined Kevin Ware and Anderson Silva on the list of athletes who have suffered gruesome injuries on national TV. During a crucial play in Jan. 19′s NFC Championship against the Seattle Seahawks, an opposing player fell on Bowman’s left leg, causing it to bend (and possibly break) in an extremely painful manner.

NaVorro Bowman Suffers Brutal Injury In 49ers-Seahawks Game

The score was 20-17 Seahawks, and they were approaching the goal line for a game-clinching score with 8:45 remaining in the game. But the 49ers fate seemed to swing when Bowman stripped the ball away from Seahawks receiver Jermaine Kearse at the one-yard line. That’s when chaos broke out.

Kearse was forcefully hit by 49ers safety Eric Reid and knocked into Bowman’s extended left leg. From the replays, it’s clear that Kearse’s weight and force caused Bowman’s leg to bend awkwardly inward, and you could see his face react and grimace in pain.

But it gets worse, after Bowman went to the ground, there was a scramble for the ball. And though it was clear that Bowman went down with the ball, referees determined that the Seahawks had recovered the fumble — a determination that is not reviewable by replay. So basically, Bowman put his body on the line all for nothing — he was robbed.

NaVorro Bowman’s Teammate: ‘I Never Heard Him Yell Like That’

Bowman was carted off the field after the frightening scene, and you could tell that the gruesome injury took a toll on his 49ers teammates.

“All of a sudden, I don’t know what happened,” fellow Niners linebacker Patrick Willis told the Associated Press. “I was looking at him and he didn’t have the ball anymore, he was holding his knee and yelling. That’s when, I don’t know, I kind of lost track of where the ball was and more so just worried about him. I never heard him yell like that, or even stay down for a moment.”

“Preliminary it looks like an ACL [tear],” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said after losing the game, 23-17. “Tough break for NaVorro.”

As with Kevin Ware and Anderson Silva’s injuries, this is something you just hate to see. And to get robbed like after putting in such effort — and to lose the game — must really throw salt in NaVorro’s wounds.

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Horrific Injuries:

1. Kevin Ware Speaks For The First Time Since Horrific Leg Injury
  2. Kevin Ware Leaves Hospital Following Gruesome Leg Injury
  3. Anderson Silva: Celebs & Fans React To His Horrific Leg Injury

Browns jerseys cheap

Posted at 10:01 AM on June 19, 2014

wholesale cheap Broncos jerseys Review China

chole

Posted at 10:21 AM on January 23, 2014

F**k the seahawks were NFC champs is a song on YouTube and its funny

chole

Posted at 12:09 AM on January 22, 2014

Is any body talking what, today at high school some of kids were wearing seahawks Bernie and shirts jersey maybe four people some if them are riaders fan.I am like you are haters

chole

Posted at 12:57 AM on January 21, 2014

Alright I am going to bed I am so tired I will talk to u guys tomorrow or on Twitter or intsagram

valloyjrxzcxz

Posted at 8:56 PM on January 20, 2014

Unbelievable…… My friend Joan has just married to a handsome black man.
They met through ~ ♥ MixedSingle.Çom ♥ ~Here is most successful Interracial online dating site for mixed race singles share their life and love with friends online. It is a nice dạting service for Interracial singles to find their romantic soul mate.. You can meet (lawyers,busy professionals, CEO,benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….). If you are single , worthy a try.mmmmmmmmmmmm

Durged

Posted at 8:39 PM on January 20, 2014

my neighbor’s half-sister makes $71/hr on the internet. She has been out of work for eight months but last month her paycheck was $12005 just working on the internet for a few hours. try this website,,,,,,,,,,,,,
======>>>> Bay95.ℭ­­Oℳ

dunjav2013

Posted at 3:12 PM on January 20, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.

Aletta james

Posted at 2:52 PM on January 20, 2014

I’ve got my FIRST check total of $2175 for one week, pretty cool. working from home saves income in several ways.I love that. I’ve recently started taking the steps to build my freelance Job career so that I can work from home. here is i started>>> F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

chole

Posted at 6:07 PM on January 20, 2014

No body cares k

John Lewis Wright

Posted at 7:22 PM on January 20, 2014

Pfft just because you don’t, c-hole.

victoriamagnew

Posted at 2:40 PM on January 20, 2014

my neighbor’s step-sister makes $86/hr on the computer. She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her check was $15202 just working on the computer for a few hours.

view it now…….. jobs25.ℭOM

Nuper Kim

Posted at 1:32 PM on January 20, 2014

like Douglas said I am taken by surprise that a mom able to make $4547 in a few weeks on the internet. visit this website

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<C­H­E­C­K­4­­4.­­ℭ­­Oℳ