Roy Garber: ‘Shipping Wars’ Star Dies At 49

Sun, January 19, 2014 5:48pm EDT by 63 Comments 127,898 Article Views
Roy Garber Dead
Courtesy of A&E

FastLane Clark

Posted at 4:24 AM on July 23, 2014

Roy, You were the Highlight of My week, sharing both your hard working ethic But putting the human element In an otherwise inpersonal business of logistics. You will be sorely missed.
R.I.P brother….

jackie

Posted at 2:43 PM on July 10, 2014

Just googled to find out why he wasn´t on the show anymore. I cant believe he died.

emily gilliland

Posted at 5:30 PM on July 7, 2014

R.I.P roy garber you will be missed you were perfect just like you&you didn’t mess around you deliverd your items to people and got the job done and got your money you were the perfect one roy but you will be missed :-( :'(

Adrian

Posted at 4:59 PM on July 7, 2014

RIP Roy you were the reason I watch the show. Honest but still funny probably without meaning to be. Hope his son is taken care of.

Dianne Waldorf

Posted at 11:50 PM on July 2, 2014

Roy will be missed by all of us viewers. My condolences go out to his Son Girlfriend and family.

Ernet

Posted at 11:40 PM on July 2, 2014

What happened to that cute girl with the gap between her legs. THE one with the boyfriend with the spike hair. I miss her lips

jorge

Posted at 5:52 PM on July 2, 2014

RIP Roy will miss you on shipping war’s

Bugzy

Posted at 12:47 PM on July 2, 2014

R.I.P Roy gone but never forgotten one of my favorite shipping star

eugene

Posted at 1:45 AM on July 2, 2014

oh my… Roy… we’ll miss you;(

Grizz

Posted at 11:17 PM on July 1, 2014

rip roy…

MeMy SelfAndi

Posted at 10:51 PM on July 1, 2014

There is always someone who tries to make things about them & not the actual topic, right JR?

Anyways, Rest in Peace Roy. No matter what People say about you, you still have your fans…….

joanne christie

Posted at 2:54 PM on June 29, 2014

Im sitting on my couch and just heard that roy died.i thought they took him of the show and i wasn’t gonna watch anymore.i am so sad!He was the only REAL person on there. RIP ROY😳

Jackie

Posted at 3:07 PM on June 29, 2014

I don’t watch Shipping Wars much anymore. Next week Jennifer reflects on Roy. I will be watching. I miss him very much. R.I.P.

cj

Posted at 12:25 AM on June 29, 2014

roy was the real star of the show he will be missed

coko

Posted at 2:11 PM on June 25, 2014

Pay no attention to J.R.. so ignorant s/he can’t tell the difference between “sow” and “sew.” The expression is “reap what you sow,” and you have reaped both unkindness and a total inability to spell.

JR

Posted at 3:55 AM on June 29, 2014

Is spelling all you have? Why don’t you talk about how nice Roy was and how is was almost like Jesus? But then again, please don’t insult the son of God!

Chris

Posted at 12:26 AM on June 25, 2014

He’s not resting in. Peace , he’s making as much noise up there as he did down here….Gonna miss you on the show, you were my favorite professional and all knowing..to watch…I too googled where did Roy go, very sad….Best to his Family.

Ronnygirl

Posted at 6:40 PM on June 19, 2014

The show will not be the same without Roy, too young , too soon. So sorry to lose him.

David

Posted at 10:20 AM on June 11, 2014

my wife and i was wondering where roy was, the show seemed off with out him, he might of been out spoken, he made the show and one person i would use yo ship my belongings cause it would be done right..i googled wheres roy and shocked to see he died..the show won’t be the same..

brian

Posted at 6:45 AM on June 18, 2014

i did the same and googled wheres roy,not what i expected to hear,i thought he might told a/e to shove it.I,M DONE HERE. R.I.P. PEACE ROY

mac

Posted at 11:28 AM on June 9, 2014

RIP “SILVER JESUS”

Sandi Barnard

Posted at 9:13 PM on June 4, 2014

so very sad to hear ! Will miss you on the show……..

dionte08

Posted at 7:16 AM on June 4, 2014

Dan, I just found out. Roy rest in peace, I will miss you on shipping wars, you can’t be re-placed.

JR

Posted at 5:00 AM on June 4, 2014

Reap what you sew, you were a jerk to nice people, you will not be missed by me!

Apache Angel

Posted at 7:07 AM on June 4, 2014

You, my friend (and I use the word loosely) are a total jerk. How dare you leave messages like this for his family and friends to see.

zanecmidnightw

Posted at 8:57 AM on June 4, 2014

Making a comment about Roy being a jerk is so disrespectful to his family and friends and also to fans who liked this man. No one knows just how tough you have to be sometimes with the shippers and receivers in the trucking industry because heaven forbid if you’re a minute late on a delivery and they make you sit there all day long until they decide when to unload your truck. I’m a trucker’s wife so I speak from experience. Everyone should respect truckers more than they do cuz they deliver every single thing that makes our lives more comfortable and enjoy our lives and keep us fed while they give up time from their familes. Roy might not have been one of my fave truckers on this show but I did like him and respected him. I just found out about Roy’s death this morning after watching Shipping Wars. Condolences to his family and friends and I hope that his son Travis or his girlfriend is taking care of his kitty.

zanecmidnightw

Posted at 9:06 AM on June 4, 2014

Apache Angel, my comment about Roy was not directed at you but at JR. Thanks for posting what you said. No one has the right to judge another person especially someone that you do not personally know.

JR

Posted at 1:24 PM on June 4, 2014

Sorry, the man treated people lime crap on the show, nothing has changed because be died. Live your life right and you will have people say nice things about you. His family knows what he is and doesn’t care what is said here. All of you need to grow up, this isn’t grade school!

Jackie

Posted at 11:58 AM on June 4, 2014

Not a nice thing to post JR….Roy was liked by so many people. Show some respect to those surviving him.

JR

Posted at 10:39 PM on June 4, 2014

You ask for respect, be didn’t show it, and he didn’t get it back. He would be the first to tell you that! He did do a couple of nice things for people, I think he even hauled a load for free, but because people are a little different, doesn’t mean you should be a jerk to them.

Thumper1279

Posted at 11:34 AM on June 25, 2014

GO to hell what the heck is wrong with you ?

JR

Posted at 12:16 PM on June 25, 2014

I told it like it was. If a guy is a jerk in life, then death changes nothing. On the other hand you have told me to go to hell and you know nothing about me. Do you want to be the one to try to arrange meeting my meeting in hell, because I will guarantee you one thing, I am up for you trying it thumper?! I don’t hide behind a screen name. Be careful who you piss off.

Apache Angel

Posted at 1:03 PM on June 25, 2014

If you were directing your comment to J.R………………………This is what is wrong with him: He is a total jerk, probably a big nobody, jealous of the fact that Roy was on a widely watched t.v. show. That is just to name a few of the things wrong………………….On one more he is very disrespectful to all.

JR

Posted at 3:47 AM on June 29, 2014

Funny that you think you can see it in.me but not Roy. Many people tell me I am one of the nicest guys they have ever met. I don’t bash dead people. I made a comment that people are talking about how great he is now that he is dead. People seem to always say that about dead people, even if they were thieves, killers, drug dealers, bullies, etc…. Because they are dead doesn’t change who they were in life. Again, I also said Roy did some nice things on occasion so get a life!