Liam Payne Responds To Haters Criticizing His ‘Duck Dynasty’ Tweet

Sun, January 19, 2014 11:45am EDT by 20 Comments
Duck Dynasty Liam Payne Twitter Rant
Getty

Jack

Posted at 1:25 AM on May 26, 2014

And incidentally…whining about “freedom of speech” is something the homophobes have a tendency to indulge in…so the fact that he whines about it too…hmmm!

Jack

Posted at 1:24 AM on May 26, 2014

I don’t think he did himself any favors by getting so worked up. Why not just say “I like the show, I like the closeness of the family, but I don’t agree with the views about gays?” I think he came across more as a bloody whiner. #RichBoyProblems

Kendall

Posted at 11:37 PM on January 20, 2014

Does Liam really like this show? Hehe…I guess it’s a guy thing. I laugh at this show….lol The one time I tried to watch….

Mister Baja

Posted at 9:58 PM on January 19, 2014

so he looves to be surounded by F*ggots all day.
they tell you what you like to hear………..

wealthypeople1

Posted at 9:20 PM on January 19, 2014

If you want to date wealthy men and beautiful women with high net worth, ideally you must know where these people hang out. Don’t know where to start? ++++ WealthyPeople.Org ++++ The easiest way to go would be meeting them online.
dsfsfds

me

Posted at 9:13 PM on January 19, 2014

He can say what ever the f..k he wants.Every person is being censored for the dumbest things gays are not the only people that can say how they feel and then turn around and bash someone for not agreeing with them or their lifestyle.The reason the whole thing blew up with the Duck Dynasty is because people just got tired of not being able to speak their views and beliefs.Liam should stand his ground and not explain why he wrote what he did not do like all the other cowards and start saying sorry or they didn’t mean to say it.

SumSum

Posted at 7:08 PM on January 19, 2014

IT KILLS ME WHEN PPL ARE QUICK TO SAY A PERSON IS HOMOPHOBIC IF THEY DON’T AGREE WITH THAT LIFESTYLE. AND IF A PERSON DOESN’T AGREE THAT DOESN’T MEAN THEIR AGAINST GAYS, IT SIMPLY MEANS THEY DON’T AGREE, IT’S YOUR OWN PERSONAL BUSINESS THAT YOUR GAY AND WHO YOU CHOOSE TO BE WITH, THAT’S YOUR RIGHT. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPEAK MY MIND AND NOT BE CRUCIFIED FOR MY BELIEFS. WHENEVER SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH THE LIFESTYLE THE LGBT COMMUNITY ARE QUICK TO SPEW OUT HATE DEATH THREATS AND OTHER MEAN THINGS EVEN IF THE PERSON SAYS I DON’T AGREE WITH THE LIFESTYLE IN A RESPECTABLE MANNER. BUT THE LGBT COMMUNITY ARE THE FIRST ONES TO SPEAK THEY WANT TO BE TREATED EQUAL, AND WANTS THEIR VIEWS RESPECTED, WELL SO DO THE PPL WHO MAYNOT AGREE. AGAIN,BECAUSE I DON’T AGREE DOESN’T MEAN I’M BEING HATEFUL TOWARDS ANYONE OR DON’T SUPPORT YOU AS A PERSON,YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION IS YOUR BUSINESS, I WON’T PUSH MY HETEROSEXUAL LIFESTYLE ON YOU OR WILL I BE MAD IF YOU DON’T AGREE…SO DON’T PUSH YOUR HOMOSEXUAL LIFESTYLE ON ME AND DON’T BE MAD IF I DISAGREE…WE CAN ALL GET ALONG IN THIS BIG OLD WORLD TOGETHER. MY HAT’S OFF TO LIAM FOR STICKING UP FOR HIMSELF ON HIS BELIEFS AND NOT BACKING DOWN FROM PRESSURE PUT ON HIM BY PPL WHO CAN’T RESPECT HIS FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND HIS OPINION THAT EVERYBODY HAS A RIGHT TO….#TEAMLIAM1D

Jamie

Posted at 9:40 PM on September 10, 2014

Not agreeing WITH something, means, by definition, that you are AGAINST that thing. DERP. Bigotry sucks.

SumSum

Posted at 6:57 PM on January 19, 2014

IT KILLS ME WHEN PPL ARE QUICK TO SAY A PERSON IS HOMOPHOBIC IF THEY DON’T AGREE WITH THAT LIFESTYLE. AND IF A PERSON DOESN’T AGREE THAT DOESN’T MEAN THEIR AGAINST GAYS, IT SIMPLY MEANS THEY DON’T AGREE, IT’S A PERSONAL CHOICE TO BE GAY AND THAT’S YOUR RIGHT. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPEAK MY MIND AND NOT BE CRUCIFIED FOR MY BELIEFS. WHENEVER SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH THE LIFESTYLE THE LGBT COMMUNITY ARE QUICK TO SPEW OUT HATE DEATH THREATS AND OTHER MEAN THINGS EVEN IF THE PERSON SAYS I DON’T AGREE WITH THE LIFESTYLE IN A RESPECTABLE MANNER. BUT THE LGBT COMMUNITY ARE THE FIRST ONES TO SPEAK THEY WANT TO BE TREATED EQUAL, AND WANTS THEIR VIEWS RESPECTED, WELL SO DO THE PPL WHO MAYNOT AGREE. AGAIN,BECAUSE I DON’T AGREE DOESN’T MEAN I’M BEING HATEFUL TOWARDS ANYONE OR DON’T SUPPORT YOU AS A PERSON,YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION IS YOUR BUSINESS, I WON’T PUSH MY HETEROSEXUAL LIFESTYLE ON YOU OR WILL I BE MAD IF YOU DON’T AGREE…SO DON’T PUSH YOUR HOMOSEXUAL LIFESTYLE ON ME AND DON’T BE MAD IF I DISAGREE…WE CAN ALL GET ALONG IN THIS BIG OLD WORLD TOGETHER. MY HAT’S OFF TO LIAM FOR STICKING UP FOR HIMSELF ON HIS BELIEFS AND NOT BACKING DOWN FROM PRESSURE PUT ON HIM BY PPL WHO CAN’T RESPECT HIS FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND HIS OPINION THAT EVERYBODY HAS A RIGHT TO….#TEAMLIAM1D

lu

Posted at 3:28 PM on January 19, 2014

Listen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I have 2 gay sons. I can’t help how people feel, but everyone has a right to freedom of speech. Leave HIM ALONE, and leave “MY” sons alone. They don’t bother anybody, they live their lives. Just………………Liam………………………….keep your opinion to yourself and don’t get the s*it going, that’s all. I still love my sons no matter what. They help people in the medical field. Watch out for KARMA, because someday, they might just be saving your life. Will it matter if you or a family member needs CPR and one of them do it? I doubt it!

Felicia Smith

Posted at 2:12 PM on May 16, 2014

Did u even read the article… Liam never said that he was against gays

Dani Adnan

Posted at 3:21 PM on January 19, 2014

Google is paying 86$ per hour! Just work for few hours & spend more time with friends and family. On Sunday I bought them selves a Alfa Romeo from having made $5637 this month……open this link and click home tab for more Detail.>>> F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

Alejand Drojpina

Posted at 1:57 PM on January 19, 2014

my neighbor’s step-sister makes $86/hr on the computer. She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her check was $15202 just working on the computer for a few hours. view it now……………….
D­u­b­3­0.C­­O­­M

Not a fan

Posted at 12:48 PM on January 19, 2014

What a douche….he paints himself as a total victim. He needs to get over himself and take responsibility for the things that he says

Paige

Posted at 4:37 PM on January 19, 2014

Then don’t comment if you’re not a fan. Y the hell are you reading this then?!? Nobody asked for your opinion! Not a fan? Move on to the next article and do something worthwhile with your life. Liam worked hard to be in that position and to be in that band,, and you’re what? You’re just wasting that minute to write a hateful comment. Then get out of this site. gosh

Anon

Posted at 9:34 PM on January 19, 2014

It’s a discussion on the actor’s comment. One doesn’t have to be a “fan” of the subject one is discussing.

And what do you mean “nobody asked for your opinion”? – that is the entire point of commentary discussion underneath articles.

How is you telling another person to “do something worthwhile with your life” a better use of time than saying “He needs to get over himself and take responsibility.”? It’s more hateful than the original comment.

If you are not emotionally ready for social discussion, I suggest you do not partake of it.

not a fan not a hater

Posted at 11:48 PM on January 19, 2014

Hey its not his fault hes just stating hus opinions

Anon

Posted at 12:55 AM on January 20, 2014

He’s not responsible for his opinions?

That’s doesn’t make any sense.

Wiliam

Posted at 10:15 AM on February 18, 2014

All Liam said was that he liked a show and people blew it out of proportion and took his words and twisted them and made it sound like he supported everything Phil Robertson said so yes he is the victim here he has nothing to take responsibility for he didn’t say anything wrong dumb as* why are u such a dumb F*ck? I don’t even like 1D that much but I still see where hes coming from LIAM IS THE VICTIM. :) its douche bags like you that make this world a sh*tty hell hole F.O.D.!

Jamie

Posted at 9:48 PM on September 10, 2014

No, he didn’t say “he liked the show.” He congratulated them on their business prospering and their family “values” which is widely known to be centered around BIGOTRY. His comment would make any educated person wonder….