Drake Admits He Dated Rihanna In ‘SNL’ Rap — Watch

Sun, January 19, 2014 12:47pm EDT by 153 Comments

Drake was surprisingly game as the host and performer on ‘Saturday Night Live’ on Jan. 18, and in a rap celebrating his black and Jewish heritage, he snuck in an admission about his relationship with Rihanna!

Tell us more, Drake! As host of Saturday Night Live on Jan. 18, Drizzy rapped about the benefits of being black and Jewish, and apparently one of those benefits includes dating Rihanna!

Drake Raps About ‘Dating A Rihanna’ On ‘SNL’

In a flashback to Drake’s (or Dracob’s) bar mitzvah, the rapper’s eclectic heritage — his mom’s Jewish, his dad’s African-American — was put on display. And when DJ Mordecai Jones hit that beat, all bets were off.

Drake’s funny freestyle bar mitzvah rap included gems like, “I play ball like LeBron and I know what a W-2 is,” and “the only purple drank we sip is purple Manischewitz.” But the real bomb came towards the end when Drake rapped, “I celebrate Hanukkah, date a Rihannakah!” You know what Drake, you’re right — dating Rihanna is a huge benefit of having a mixed heritage.

Drake & Rihanna’s Relationship

Drake’s always been a little coy about his relationship with Rihanna, seemingly downplaying it as they go on dates to strip clubs. But he does give us a taste from time to time. Appearing on Ellen in Sept., she grilled him about the relationship and he mysteriously replied, “Yeah, great girl. We had our moment. Always support and have love for her.”

Though Drake and Rihanna have been spotted out partying recently, a Nov. report claimed that he’s been seeing Zoe Kravitz. But either way, you can tell from Drake’s SNL rap that he’s definitely proud of hooking up with Rihanna, and we’re sure she’ll laugh at the fact that her name was rhymed with Hanukkah.

What did you think of Drake’s SNL rap, HollywoodLifers? Watch the clip above and let us know!

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Drake & Rihanna News:

1. Drake: Did He Diss Chris Brown & Rihanna On Beyonce’s New Album?
  2. Drake & Rihanna Act Like A Couple On Hot Date Night — Getting Serious
  3. Rihanna Isn’t Jealous Of Drake & Khloe Kardashian Getting Closer

RAY

Posted at 10:58 PM on February 2, 2014

LISTEN PEOPLE RI IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THIS TIME AND SHE IS LOVED BY MILLIONS AROUND THE WORLD WHY ALL THE WORRY ABOUT HER LIFE I THINK SHE AND CHRIS SHOULD GET BACK TOGETHER AS SHE SAID SHE DOSE WHAT SHE WANTS ANYWAY IT IS HER LIFE TO LIVE. CHRIS YOU AND RI WOULD BE A POWER COUPLE.

Mj

Posted at 1:36 PM on January 23, 2014

I don’t care if Drake & Rihanna date or not but he clearly states dated Rihannakah

Sevyn hamy

Posted at 1:25 AM on January 21, 2014

This is too dang funny of him and he is a good actor as well performance too.

sharon

Posted at 7:18 PM on January 20, 2014

He better hurry up. Mikey K is trying to get her. To be young and beautiful…. Rih just needs someone who appreciates her. When that man finds her, she’s going to let the world know. No shame in her game.

sad

Posted at 4:32 PM on January 20, 2014

If Drake was over Rihanna he would have stopped bringing her name up.
He clearly not over her hence why he didn’t claim Zoe or Jhene etc.
He didn’t need to bring her name up.
But he did so that must shows he still has feelings towards her but I’m not sure if she’s interested in him

Chandler Johnson

Posted at 4:23 PM on January 20, 2014

He has said over and over again on the Ellen show and Chelsea Lately that the Rihanna thing is so old now and he;s over her. He currently doesnt have a girlfriend and ive gotta say, i believe him.

Brittany

Posted at 6:24 PM on January 20, 2014

Then why did he say her name and not his new girls name??????

Diane

Posted at 7:08 PM on January 20, 2014

Do not believe Drake. He also said no do overs. Pinocchio is more trusting. No do overs my arse. He doth love that girl. He’s looking at her bikini pictures and is drooling. He can’t wait for her to come to the states again. Wait for it.

DeeDee

Posted at 4:06 PM on January 20, 2014

Drake boy tell us how you really feel. lmao

Casey

Posted at 4:05 PM on January 20, 2014

I wish they’d both just stop with the silly games and just come out together holding hands and shut everyone up. They would make a hot power couple, better than Beyonce and JayZ.

Annie

Posted at 4:07 PM on January 20, 2014

Agree 100% and they are younger too, not that it matters. They are hot hot hot.

Jolene

Posted at 4:02 PM on January 20, 2014

Drake is still hung up on Rihanna I see. Is he really dating a Rihannakah or is it just wishful thinking on his part? I don’t think he’d rap that if he wasn’t dating Rihanna. I don’t know how she’s gonna feel about his big mouth and telling the world. She has kept anything involving him private, except their strip club date, which got out. LOL

hossna

Posted at 3:52 PM on January 20, 2014

haha! so funny!!!! we dont know what is it in them minds….. Rihanna is a grown woman and she live her life… drake live his life too, they dont need each other and its just a lyrics not more….. they love each other but they are just good friends, they dont wanna be in realtionship

Remember

Posted at 1:46 PM on January 20, 2014

Can’t remember to forget you – yep that’s Drake’s song to Rihanna.

Rose

Posted at 1:34 PM on January 20, 2014

Oohhhh Rihanna must be mad as heck she prob wants to strangle him. She so private and he’s well he’s Drake. I thought he had more common sense. Wasn’t it enough that other dirtbag ex boyfriend called her out on a song or two? These guys are either jerks, immature, totally in love with her still, have no conscience what’s said and done, cocky mfers, don’t care if she hurts, want her back, or all of the above.

Wilma

Posted at 10:58 AM on January 20, 2014

Real confirmation comes at grammy time. Will he mention or thank her in his award speech? He can say I would like to thank Rihanna for putting up with my disses my pics with other girls and hoes my obsessive behavior my making up with Chris my never keeping our relationship discreet my saying that beyonce is a queen when I know deep down you’re the real queen and icon. Please forgive me I didn’t mean those things cause I’ve bit my eyes on you and you’re everything that I see. We should get married. I just wanna say you’re mine you’re mine.

Fran W.

Posted at 10:47 AM on January 20, 2014

Then why bother mentioning Lenny Kravitz name in that rap? How awkward is that. Then you say date Rihannaka when you were dating his daughter. Smh

Dedra

Posted at 4:09 PM on January 20, 2014

Maybe he wasn’t ever dating Zoe and his friendship with her is because of her dad. Yep, she was hanging all over him but not once did I see them together after that, but I did see some shade thrown at Drake by Rihanna when those pictures surfaced, then he threw some shade at her and dissing they both did to each other. It was subtle but it was on between the two of them after those pictures got out. Guess they’ve made up now or Drake hopes saying he dates her will do it. LOL

Heather

Posted at 10:43 AM on January 20, 2014

The great Lionel Riichie once sang “stuck on you I’ve got a feeling down deep in my soul that I just can’t lose and the way indeed now I’ll be with you til the end”. Yea I’m showing my age. Lol. Drake got it bad. He love love that girl. Just tell her already and stop playing games.

Bella

Posted at 10:08 AM on January 20, 2014

Boy Drake isn’t kidding when he sings I can’t get over you, in hold on were going home. He really can’t get over Rihanna. I wonder if this is his way of letting people know he’s still dating Rihanna and the Zoe dating rumors aren’t true.

Georgia peach

Posted at 8:16 AM on January 20, 2014

Yea he’s still stuck on her and lives her but maybe he didn’t mean it in the present tense. He’s a rapper and that’s just the way they talk everything is said in jest and present. But dude lives her that’s for sure. She left her mark on him alright. Lol

Georgia peach

Posted at 8:17 AM on January 20, 2014

Meant to say dude loves her.

Yessie

Posted at 1:49 AM on January 20, 2014

He loves letting everyone know when he’s back on with Rihanna. LOL

Sadie

Posted at 1:47 AM on January 20, 2014

I understand that Drake is all whooped over Rihanna, but he has to stop dissing her on IG when she won’t go along with his whoring other women and there were pictures being taken of it happening. He messed up, she got pissed, and he started dissing, like a little hurt baby, when he was the one who did wrong not her. I hope they work it out, because it’s obvious he’s crazy about her but sometimes men think with the wrong head, especially when there are women throwing themselves at them and acting like tramps.

Carmen

Posted at 1:39 AM on January 20, 2014

Now, we wait to see what Rihanna’s response is. I think she was pretty upset with his antics with Zoe and those pictures getting out were a big NO NO but it was mostly Zoe all over Drake and acting like a hoe, but we all know Drake would do anything to be with Rihanna, he even destroyed a club over her and waited through the Chris Brown mess, so he’s really in love with her, no other explanation. He wants the girl, has let it be known in many songs he writes about her, now it’s all up to her.

Toni

Posted at 1:01 AM on January 20, 2014

HL says in the title that Drake admitted he dated Rihanna as in past tense, then they state in the article that he says, I celebrate Hanukkah and date a Rihannakah as in present tense. I listened to the segment myself and he does talk in the present tense and says I date a Rihannakah, not dated. So, I guess this is the confirmation people have been wanting, and all those Zoe rumors were just that rumors.