Cate’s beauty stole the show at the 20th annual SAG Awards, held in Los Angeles on Jan. 18. Get her exact hairstyle below!
To complement Cate Blanchett‘s Givenchy gown, celebrity hairstylist Robert Vetica created a soft, 1960’s inspired updo which showcased the high neckline of her dress. He broke down the look for you below!
Cate Blanchett At Screen Actors Guild Awards — Pretty In Pink
Robert used Vidal Sassoon Pro Series products for Cate’s stunning hair look.
Here’s how Robert created Cate’s look:
“1. First prep wet hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for touchable volume and hold.
2. Create a side part and then blow-dry hair with a small boar bristle round brush. Start by blow-drying hair in the front and create soft bangs. Once you have created the desired shape, clip the bangs in place while they cool. Then blow-dry the rest of the hair.
3. Once hair is dry, spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair from heat before curling it. Using a 1-inch curling iron, take the hair and curl approximately 8 sections. “You don’t need to separate each section perfectly,” says Robert “but instead you can take random sections since you’re curling hair to create texture and bend.” Once the hair has cooled, brush out the curls to soften the look.
4. Spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Dry Shampoo in Intense Blondes all throughout the hair. “Some people just apply hairspray to their roots, but I applied the Dry Shampoo all throughout the hair, similar to how you use hairspray, to create additional texture and volume.” After the dry shampoo, back comb hair a bit at the roots with a teasing comb.
5. Pull hair back into a loose low ponytail, using your fingers to create the desired shape. Twist the rest of the ponytail into a deconstructed bun and pin the look in place.
6. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to lock your look in place. Then spray hairspray onto your fingertips and nails, and using your fingers, apply the hairspray to the perimeter of the hair to tame flyaways and shape any loose pieces.”
Are you loving Cate’s hair at the SAG Awards, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee