Dakota Johnson: Without Makeup Playing Anastasia Steele

Fri, January 17, 2014 11:58am EDT by 21 Comments
Dakota Johnson Without Makeup
FameFlyNet

Dakota Johnson went au naturel for her role as Anastasia Steele in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey,’ which was filming in Vancouver on Jan. 16. Looks like Anastasia doesn’t need makeup to look good! What do you think of Dakota’s innocent looking bare-face?

Dakota Johnson, 24, appeared very natural while filming Fifty Shades of Grey on Thursday, Jan. 16 in Vancouver, Canada. She looked beautiful in her blue dress, with brown bangs, and a bare-face. She is a great Anastasia because the character is suppose to not try too hard on her appearance — and naturally look amazing! In this scene, Jamie Dornan aka “Christian Gray” surprises Anastasia with a red Audi to replace her unsafe old VW bug named “Wanda.” Do you think Dakota’s makeup free face is perfect for her role as Anastasia?

Dakota Johnson Without Makeup — Playing Anastasia Steele

Prior to the car scene, Dakota was still makeup-free. She was drenched on the rainy set in a white blouse, skinny dark jeans and ballet flats — and no black eye makeup streaks! By not putting makeup on her, Dakota’s face looks even more delicate and gentle — perfect for her vulnerable persona.

Jamie Dornan’s Sexiest Moments

On a book Wiki page, the blue-eyed beauty’s character is defined as: “She does not wear much makeup, if any at all, usually wears jeans and only owns one skirt at the start of the series,” and “she tends to be highly insecure about her appearance and does not realize her natural beauty.”

Do you think that Dakota does a good job at conveying that role? We know her character doesn’t wear much makeup — but what do you think of Dakota ditching it?

Dakota’s Hair

She must be in and out of the makeup chair quickly on set, since it does not seem that she requires much hair styling or makeup! Not only has Dakota dropped the makeup, but she also has a naturally tousled wave look. Since Dakota’s character describes herself as: “a pale, brown-haired young woman with blue eyes too big for her face,” — mission accomplished!

What do you think of Dakota’s makeup free look as Anastasia, HollywoodLifers?

– Joanna Hein

More Dakota Johnson News:

1. Dakota Johnson’s Messy Bun At ‘Vogue’ Event — Get Her Exact Look
  2. Dakota Johnson Reveals Anastasia Steele Dark Hair For ’50 Shades’
  3. Dakota Johnson Wants To ‘Look Good Naked’ In ’50 Shades’ Sex Scenes

Sarah

Posted at 12:32 PM on July 11, 2014

I think the actress is a very pretty girl. I only read the first book. The writing is very poor, but I found the story appealing enough (just not enough to read the sequels). It seemed to me that Ana was fairly attractive, but only considered magnetically beautiful by Christian. Isn’t that why the guy at the hardware store (his name escapes me) was so shocked that she’d landed Christian for a date? Isn’t it why such average, non-established men (Jose, and guy at hardware store) feel at liberty to be so familiar with her? She mentions several times that she feels inadequate in the looks department. I know both very attractive AND very plain women who feel that way about themselves. Other than unruly, long dark hair, blue eyes that are too big for her face, and a pale complexion (beautiful skin according to Christian), are her physical traits ever described in much detail? I don’t even recall a faint description of her body type. Does it ever say if she’s skinny or if she’s thick and curvy? …not to my recollection. I find it odd that so many readers feel so intensely certain of the way Ana is supposed to look. I don’t think the author intended for Ana’s looks to be such a factor in this tale.

Diamond

Posted at 4:12 PM on June 21, 2014

Okay not trying to be rude but the have messed up the movie for me already and it isn’t even out yet. none of the people that are getting g the parts fit the characters. 50 shades is one of my all time favorite books and I was really excited to know they were going to make a movie about it. but none of these people match the characters. a lot of fans are going to be disappointed

Mrs.B

Posted at 7:15 PM on April 9, 2014

Sorry, I tried to be open minded about this. She’s ugly, I’m sorry. I read all 3 books and this girl is not right for the part. I’m not hatin’ but all the characters being chosen are way of in my opinion. This girl Dakota Johnson does not fit the bill for the role of Anastasia Steele. And the only reason I’m watching this movie next year is because my girl is planning a girls night out around it. Other than that, this movie might screw up these actors career.

Lol

Posted at 4:36 PM on March 9, 2014

Yikessss :P
She ugly! That’s y’all Ana tho lmfaooo

Mrs.B

Posted at 7:16 PM on April 9, 2014

lol!!!!!!!

gross

Posted at 6:22 AM on February 16, 2014

I too don`t think she`s a right choice, she looks indeed a whole lot older and there`s nothing quite about her face, the one that chose her indeed needs to be fired, i thnki they`d messed up the movie from the get going, fans arenot going to be happy, people who loves the book will go see the movie but it won`t like the twilght

Dee

Posted at 10:55 AM on February 1, 2014

They need to stop with the age lying. Don’t care what anyone says, she is NOT 24. More like 34 or even 44.

lu

Posted at 5:01 PM on January 19, 2014

I think, if she doesn’t ruin her face like her mother, she’s beautiful. I never read the books, nor do I care to, but maybe to you people think she’s not the person for the part, but she IS BEAUTIFUL! GROW UP! Don’t dog her for getting a job. JEALOUS!!!!!

Shannon

Posted at 8:16 PM on June 14, 2014

You haven’t read the books therefore you should have nothing to say. I’ve read and reread these books 3 times and no she is not right for the part. She looks to old and no she is not beautiful with or without makeup. Their messing up all the characters for this movie maybe the director and producer and casting agents should read the books their making into movies before casting them. Maybe then they will actually start to choose the right actors for the movies.

nesa

Posted at 4:30 PM on January 19, 2014

They really messed up on casting this actress as Ana. She really looks nothing like Ana from the books. They couldn’t even get her hair color right. Its suppose to be dark brown and long. I think she is a bland choice. Ana is suppose to be naturally pretty. She really should look like a doll. And she looks way too old for being only 24.

Sara

Posted at 8:58 AM on January 19, 2014

What an ugly choice to play Anna. This Dakota looks like an heroin addicted old woman, couldn’t they find a better choice for Ana, seriously

danny

Posted at 9:16 PM on January 18, 2014

she looks a lot older then she is like that.

Thalia

Posted at 4:23 PM on January 18, 2014

I could understand if they wanted to go with the 100% no makeup look, but COME ON!!!!! AT LEAST choose someone that is as gorgeous as Ana without makeup. And even if they had to choose Dakota there are plenty of nuetral makeup options that they could have chosen. This is not cute haha idk what they were thinking!

nocole420

Posted at 2:19 AM on January 18, 2014

OMG people jealous much, she’s lovely I think they did an awesome job making her look like Anastasia.

Susy

Posted at 10:29 PM on January 17, 2014

She looks gorgeous despite the fact that she doesn’t sleep. If it weren’t for the bags under her eyes she’d look too perfect.

Princess kiana

Posted at 7:49 PM on January 17, 2014

Worse choice for Ana ever she needs more make up just to cover the wrinkles and under eye bags whoever picked her needs to be fired and put on an island

Sophie

Posted at 6:27 PM on January 17, 2014

Oh my god this girl has so many wrinkles, she looks like a 40 year old woman

Jane

Posted at 6:24 PM on January 17, 2014

This girl is so unattractive and looks so old, theres no youth and innocent on her face…I still can’t believe she is Ana

ashaleyg

Posted at 3:59 PM on January 17, 2014

She a okay but don’t her hair supposed to be longer ?????

mc

Posted at 2:52 PM on January 17, 2014

she was not a good choice.

aboutnici

Posted at 12:42 PM on January 17, 2014

Reblogged this on aboutnici.