Derrick Coleman: Watch The Deaf NFL Star’s Inspiring Commercial

Wed, January 15, 2014 9:39pm EDT by 7 Comments

Seattle Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman, who has been deaf since age three, is sharing his inspiring life story in an amazing new Duracell commercial that just might move you to tears — watch it right here!

Derrick Coleman, who was diagnosed with an incurable genetic hearing impairment when he was three, had been told his whole life that he should give up on his dream of playing football. Today he is the first legally deaf offensive player in NFL history. In his inspiring new ad, he reveals how, against all odds, he achieved his lifelong goal of playing in the NFL.

Derrick Coleman’s Ad — Deaf NFL Star’s Inspiring Duracell Commercial

While growing up in California, the 23-year-old fullback found success on the football field by wearing a hearing aid and learning to lip read, according to the Huffington Post.

Derrick Shines in ‘Power’ Ad

But Derrick knows that he never would have made it without the most important thing of all: perseverance!

Even though he graduated from UCLA without being drafted, Derrick never gave up on his dream. He made the Minnesota Vikings’ practice squad last season, and went on to join the Seahawks’ practice squad in December, 2012. Now, as he says in the ad, he has the “loudest fans in the NFL cheering me on.”

“I think everyone has their unique story and that just happens to be mine,” Derrick told NFL.com.

Derrick Coleman Wants To Inspire Children With Moving Ad

Derrick knows real power comes from within, so it’s no surprise that Duracell tapped him to do the ad. But what made him sign on?

“I just hope to inspire people, especially children, to trust the power within and achieve their dreams,” Derrick told Sporting News.

Well, Derrick has totally inspired us!

How about you, HollywoodLifers? Do YOU think Derrick’s ad is inspiring? Let us know!

– Tierney McAfee

More Football News:

1. Cam McDaniel: Meet The Ridiculously Photogenic College Football Player
  2. Fans Tweet Their Excitement About Monday Night Football
  3. Sam Gordon, 9-Year-Old Football Star, Goes To The Super Bowl

Kristi Calderon

Posted at 10:28 AM on January 18, 2014

My son is hard of hearing and he plays baseball . I am always afraid that that a team will treat him differently . Or even the kids at school . He doesn’t let his hearing aids ever get in his way . I am so proud of my Noah Nickolas ( Nono) Calderon .! At 9 years old he amazes me. I am so proud of him, and always honored when I get emails from coaches wanting him on their team !

Rew

Posted at 7:08 PM on January 16, 2014

my girlfriends daddy just got black Dodge Challenger SRT8 Core only from parttime off a computer. find out here Jobs95.ℭOM

John C. Judge

Posted at 7:04 PM on January 16, 2014

Link ➨➨➨➨➨➨ W­­W­­W.­­M­­A­­X­­­­4­­7.­­C­­O­­M­­

Sophia Taylor

Posted at 10:28 AM on January 16, 2014

Harper. even though Anne`s stori is something, on sunday I got themselves a Honda from bringing in $6672 this last 5 weeks and just over ten/k last munth. without a doubt it is the nicest job I have ever had. I actually started 5 months ago and practically straight away made myself minimum $78… per-hr. go to this web-site

➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨ W­W­W­.­S­T­A­R­5­­8.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

JustSaying

Posted at 3:09 AM on January 16, 2014

It’s a really great commerical. Best of luck to him!

Mosearold

Posted at 12:05 AM on January 16, 2014

Im making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do,,,,,,,,,, Bay95.COM

wealthypeople1

Posted at 9:41 PM on January 15, 2014

If you want to date wealthy men and beautiful women with high net worth, ideally you must know where these people hang out. Don’t know where to start? ++++ WealthyPeople.Org ++++ The easiest way to go would be meeting them online.
dsfafsadfdsf