‘American Horror Story: Coven’ Recap: Death, Destruction, & Disney World

Courtesy of FX Network

Lucie

Posted at 2:31 AM on January 23, 2014

Love love That show !!!!

Marsha

Posted at 4:31 PM on January 17, 2014

I LOVE this show. It’s often obsurd but that’s the fun of it all. Delphine’s talking head was hilarious! I really appreciate the dark humor to be found in this show. Yes it touches on some controversial issues but it does get us talking doesn’t it?

From the previews I’ve seen it looks like Zoe will be back. Something must happen to bring her back. I’m guessing she’s the next supreme even though she’s been pushed back somewhat with the return of Madison and Queenie. And I’m sure Misty Day has to be back eventually. I think she’s a little too flighty to be the next Supreme. Madison and Queenie have some pretty nasty attitudes. If one of them is the next Supreme, the coven probably won’t survive as they would just carry on like Fiona. Putting themselves before anything else.

I am so anxious to see the finale and yet I’m sad it’s coming to an end. I’m rooting for Zoe.

Lympha

Posted at 9:42 AM on January 17, 2014

I have watched every episode and while I find this hugely entertaining I find that the writers of the show to be less than accurate when it comes to witches, covens, and the craft. I have not seen anything even remotely close to casting a real circle, spell, or doing a proper ritual. If you watched HBO’s True Blood, they had a season with witches in the story line … now they know how to do SOME research or at least more than the writers of Coven. This is simply a fictional horror story about witches perpetuating all those ugly untruths.
My second complaint about this show is still the writing and how they seem to just have people disappear and reappear and no one is suspicious or even goes looking for them?? They know they are being hunted but some one is gone for a whole episode and NO ONE CARES? Misty has been gone for how long now and no one has even asked or looked for her … not even Myrtle or Cordellia. As a blogger you do a great job. Thought you summed up everything very well.

Shaunna Murphy

Posted at 1:37 PM on January 21, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words! I miss Misty too :(

chris

Posted at 2:51 PM on January 16, 2014

I love your infatuation with Myrtle I think of you every time she speaks

Shaunna Murphy

Posted at 7:39 PM on January 16, 2014

She’s the queen!

Chris Hoffman

Posted at 2:42 PM on January 16, 2014

I hope that Queenie is NOT the next supreme. The way she abandoned her coven and then gets mad when they give her room to someone else, her insistance at continually helping the dispicable racist LaLaurie, and the way she spoke to Cordelia was deplorable! I was hoping she survived…but not any more.

I hope that Misty, Cordelia, or Zoe is the next supreme…or even Myrtle would work.

wimoni

Posted at 11:08 AM on January 16, 2014

Reblogged this on inspire|me|happy and commented:
So disappointed in this season, but i still can’t stop watching. This post cracked me up, and it is so on-point, I just had to repost!

handsomedudejoe

Posted at 5:55 AM on January 16, 2014

Shaunna,

I was wondering if you are an actual contributor to this site or an intern. Also, are you actually keeping up with the show or if you just quickly recapped by reading other writer’s recaps.? Incase you didn’t notice, the Axeman was actually in last weeks episode (episode 10). Also, Kyle didn’t read and memorize the dictionary, Fiona “fixed him” in order to use him as a guard and to play cards with her. Of course you would know all of this if you actually did your job.

Shaunna Murphy

Posted at 8:50 AM on January 16, 2014

Thanks for the input, I don’t remember the Axeman being in it at all! I will fix my errors. I am not an intern, just some things get by us all when we cover so much. But again, thank you!

Borquita

Posted at 12:25 PM on January 16, 2014

I agree with you. I am so fed up with these “reviewers” not caring enough actually to watch the show they are supposed to review. The Axeman was the bartender who fixed the cocktails. He arrived before the meeting with Fiona and Marie; so he did not “appear out of nowhere.”

As for the “reviewers” excuse of “some things get by us when we all cover so much” — sounds like a personal problem. The Axeman being in that room was a pivotal plot point, so if you overlooked that, there’s more going on than pressure of work.

Shaunna Murphy

Posted at 12:51 PM on January 16, 2014

“Appear out of nowhere” was referring to how he jumped out with his axe mid-meeting. In my eyes, I was startled when he did that, so I expressed that. Also, I was aware that he fixed the cocktails — they complimented him on the taste. That happened after the meeting.

I love this show very much and enjoy recapping it, I’m sorry that you don’t enjoy my reviews.

chris

Posted at 2:53 PM on January 16, 2014

yeah I understood what she meant, try reading consciously.

Coven13

Posted at 12:25 AM on January 16, 2014

I really hope Cordelia is the next supreme. Everyone else seems unworthy or red herringesque.

aliya

Posted at 2:26 AM on January 16, 2014

i second that..

aliya

Posted at 2:30 AM on January 16, 2014

i second that

wealthypeople1

Posted at 12:01 AM on January 16, 2014

Seeking Doctors, Lawyers, Professionals, Millionaires, Billionaires, Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Athletes, and Models, College Students, Actresses, Playmates, and the sexy Girls Next Door. Connect with millions of successful and attractive people on ….CelebritiesDating.Cōm….. now! sdfsdfsdf

stevvey j

Posted at 12:42 PM on January 16, 2014

best episode yet!!!!! hopefully Cordelia is he net supreme.. she littlerley is so warm hearted. andthe prommo for next episode lokks amaZING… CANT WAIT