Tyrese: How ‘I Found My Smile Again’ After Paul Walker’s Death — Interview

Tue, January 14, 2014 10:28am EDT by 9 Comments

After losing his co-star Paul Walker, Tyrese has been tweeting and instagramming photos to pay respects and remember his friend. On Jan. 13, the actor sat down for his first interview since Paul’s passing and revealed how he’s gotten through the tough time.

Tyrese Gibson is working hard to keep Paul Walker‘s legacy alive, he revealed in an interview on The Arsenio Hall Show. A recent trip to Dubai got him through the pain, but remembering Paul has really kept him smiling. Read his emotional interview below.

Tyrese On Paul Walker’s Death: Dubai Trip Helped Me Move On

Tyrese, 35, just returned from Dubai to celebrate his birthday and revealed that it was the best medicine he could have asked for.

“I found my smile again in Dubai,” he told Arsenio Hall on his show. He then got emotional remembering his friend and co-star, Paul Walker.

“I was just with him four days before it happened. We were on the set shooting and you know, that was a lot of shock and trauma for the family and all of us involved, because he’s just such a nice guy,” he told Arsenio. “I’ve never been depressed in my life, but I was very very sad and down, and it took me a minute to shake it. So I just turned 35 and on a spiritual level, I say God sends me emails on what to do, where to go or who to communicate or connect with. And he sent me an email to go to Dubai, and I went to Dubai. And that was the best thing that ever happened.”

Paul Walker Tribute

Additionally, Tyrese added that it’s extremely important for Paul’s family and friends to keep his charity going and to help out as much as possible. Paul was doing a fundraiser event for Reach Out Worldwide on Nov. 30 when he died.

“Basically when there’s huge traumatic areas like Hurricane Katrina, [or] when earthquakes happen in certain places around the world, [Reach Out Worldwide] goes out there by the numbers, and they help people out in these areas so he was raising money the day that he died,” Tyrese said. “We just wanna keep his memory and his legacy of what he stood for going. And we just love y’all and thank y’all for the prayers. The family thanks y’all, and we thank y’all for all of the energy.”

Tyrese: How Paul’s Legacy Helps Me Stay Positive

When Arsenio asked what would happen to Paul’s character in the Fast and the Furious franchise, Tyrese said it was still being decided, then quickly changed the topic to share how Paul’s personality has helped him, even now after his passing.

“This is my first interview since it happened, and you know what gave me my smile is really thinking about the fact that I’ve never seen him cry,” he said of Paul. “I’ve never see him sad and his energy was always up. So why would I be crying and sad and messed up?”

It’s so sweet that he’s taking that from Paul’s death and staying positive. Of course, he and Paul’s family and friends are always in our thoughts here at HollywoodLife.com.

– Emily Longeretta

More Paul Walker News:

1. Rebecca McBrain, Paul Walker’s Ex, Supporting His Girlfriend After His Death
  2. Vin Diesel Helping Plan Paul Walker’s Dramatic ‘Fast & Furious 7′ Exit
  3. Paul Walker’s Roles Offered to James Marsden & More After Death

Ghosttear

Posted at 10:53 PM on February 26, 2014

P.s. i hope you cane visible change more fore this world and help it from where you are.i belive it was not easy to bare if a human is so strong but pp cant tell and exept faith until its gone.you at last chose death over life. never let them get the best of you couse that killed you.

Ghosttear

Posted at 10:41 PM on February 26, 2014

RiP Fallen Angel

Susan Kenske

Posted at 3:10 AM on January 15, 2014

It;s hard to believe someone like that dies so young. why are all the artisitic and sensitive people dying?
Is it our world, is it our choices?
it makes me want to buy a pack orf cigarettes and drive really fcking fast.
\

Regina

Posted at 3:25 AM on January 15, 2014

Well i hate to point it out but driving 100 mph is def a choice, and i know Paul wasn’t driving but you know he was enjoying it! God gave us free will, its our choice to drive 100 mph or more but than we have to deal with the consequences!

generationnext

Posted at 9:49 PM on January 14, 2014

That jerk driving our dear Walker! It’s not fair that Rodgers was driving like Fast and Furious is real and Walker dies for it! Common sense tells you not to race a Porsche! :(

Regina

Posted at 10:14 PM on January 14, 2014

Paul loved speed, somehow i doubt how was yelling for Rodger to slow down, if he had been i’m sure Rodger would have slowed down as he and Paul were good friends!

generationnext

Posted at 10:28 PM on January 14, 2014

It was such a dangerous speed. Irresponsible drivers kill innocent people. They killed themselves driving like that on roads meant to be 45 mph. Limits are there for a reason. People think it’s so fun to break the law, until they realize why the law was set up there in the first place. I just wish they hadn’t been so reckless. It hurts me that something like this could’ve been avoided. Or at least, the damage wouldn’t have been as severe.

Tami

Posted at 6:43 PM on January 14, 2014

Its still so sad but its gotten easier, Paul is in a better place and his family and friends appear to be strong so we’ll just keep praying for healing for everybody who loved Paul!

Ammy Anderson

Posted at 2:07 PM on January 14, 2014

Xavier. I just agree… Robert`s remark is nice, last week I bought Audi Quattro from bringing in $6965 this month and would you believe, 10-k last-month. this is definitely the nicest-work I’ve ever had. I started this three months/ago and right away began to make over $81.. per/hr. check this site out

➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨ W­W­W­.­S­T­A­R­5­­8.­­ℭ­­Oℳ