Tamera Mowry Cries After Racist Tweets About Her Marriage

Tue, January 14, 2014 12:59pm EST by 22 Comments
Courtesy Of OWN, Getty

Tia and her sister, Tamera, appeared on Oprah’s ‘Where Are They Now,’ special on Jan. 11, and Tamera revealed that she has received hate tweets for her marriage to Fox News correspondent, Adam Housley. At one point, Tia even wipes tears from Tamera’s eyes.

Tamera Mowry is lucky to have her sister Tia Mowry by her side. The former Sister Sister stars were featured on Oprah’s Where Are They Now special on OWN, and Tamera revealed that she gets cyber-bullied constantly.

Tamera Mowry Cries Over Racist Tweets

Tamera is married to Fox News correspondent Adam Housley, and she claims that people send her incredibly vicious tweets over marrying a white man.

I’ve never experienced so much hate ever in my life, ever,” she said. “I get called ‘White man’s whore,’ the new one was, ‘Back in the day, you cost $300 but now you’re giving it to ‘em for free.’ Stuff that, me as a person, could never even fathom. I can’t even think of these words. It’s very hard for me to think of it because I’m a product of it. My mom is a beautiful black woman and my dad is an amazing white man. I grew up seeing a family.

Tamera Mowry Talks About Being A Mom

She went on to say that commenters tell her that her sister Tia did it right by marrying Cory Hardrict, who is African American.

“This is the big one, they say, ‘Oh, Tia’s a true black woman, because she married a black man.’”

But she says she’s not going to let the haters bring her down.

“I love my husband so much, I love our family. I love our dynamic,” she said. “I’m proud to be in the relationship that I am because it’s based on love, pure love.”

– Chloe Melas

More Mowry News:

1. Tia Mowry Talks ‘Sister Sister Reunion’
  2. How To Get Tia’s Cute Style!
  3. Tamera Mowry Welcomes First Child

Kyle K-While

Posted at 3:00 AM on October 24, 2014

Tamera, i watch Sister,Sister, Tia’s Instant Mom and I even tune into your show The Real. You and your sis are beautiful people and don’t let them idiots bring you down. You can do whatever you want with your life.It’s yours not theirs.

Carolyn

Posted at 9:21 AM on September 4, 2014

I think its your choice to marry whoever you want to and it don’t matter what color he is just as long as the both of you love each other very much and I know that yall live each other because I watches yall show and don’t worry about what people are saying they are just haters because they don’t have what you have

Tyler Taylor

Posted at 11:16 PM on July 22, 2014

Not shocked at all! Racism is hidden now more so, black Africans living in America like Tamera are blind by reports of, “it’s gotten better, lately sadly I’ve experienced a rising of racist acts/comments myself! Something like this is a mirror into how many feel, and here’s what worse! There are plenty who hide how they feel, she sadly got it from those bold enough to say it! Also, unhappy people which prejudice people are, hate to see happy people Tamera, all you should Focus on is the GOOD, those who are happy you found LOVE! Thing is, LOVE JAS NO COLOR, nor does ignorance and foolishness! Embrace the love like what I’m giving and ignore the hate, the thrive of you giving them energy Tamera! Sincerely a black African living in America who LOVES ALL PEOPLE, Tyler

anathi

Posted at 7:07 PM on April 28, 2014

Tamera you are a beautiful woman and you have a handsome husband I think people will always judge you when you are doing something and girl don’t listen to them they are just haters and you look lovely

Christana

Posted at 10:46 AM on April 6, 2014

Tamera you shouldn’t listen to the garbage that comes out of people mouths because there are haters and there just jealousy of the love you have with you husband. You are a beautiful woman and your family is lovely. Haters just stand for having hatred towards everyone reaching success.

Alexis

Posted at 2:48 AM on April 1, 2014

Tamera you are a beautiful woman and you have a loving family. Don’t let anyone tell u different you love your husband and he loves you an plus that you have a wonderful handsome son that loves you too. Keep ur head held high!

joy

Posted at 7:30 AM on January 16, 2014

i don’t know why she cares what people have to say,if i had her life i bet i would block off my ears from such hate…i know its not easy,but when you cry you give em power over your mind,you have a beautiful life,home,and son most of those haters covet so hard,am sure your mom went through almost same,minimize your social media life like your mom or get someone to manage it for you,hate is not a thing you can fight,you can chose not to just hear them.

Gontse

Posted at 11:17 PM on January 15, 2014

Tamera colour does not determine who you are, u did not marry race u married for love and that’s all that matters, I have seen your relationship with housley on your reality show and guess what???? Its perfect, I think that people are hating because what u have is perfect and amazing most black girls who married black guys are not as happy as you are…. And tia is an amazing sister… Love you guys and tamera stay strong

Patti ferguson

Posted at 9:41 PM on January 15, 2014

Don’t listen to idiots. You are a true lady.

nancy

Posted at 9:25 PM on January 15, 2014

Tamara if you tead this. You are an amazing women never never nerver allow those ugly words to define you. These are lonely sad people that have nothing else going for themselfs but hate. Stay strong

Danielle

Posted at 8:19 PM on January 15, 2014

So funny how so many men of color are rewarded for having a white, asian, or hispanic women as a wife but a woman of color is degraded for the doing the same thing. Seems we women are evil and spitfull and always will be. Men of color only marry outside of their race because they don’t have to protect the white, asian or hispanic woman the way they would have to protect women of color from mean evil people and all the nasty things they say to them. So why not be with someone who won’t be degraded, raped or called evil names.

asparkslife

Posted at 12:11 AM on January 16, 2014

It goes the same way for a white woman with a black male. That man may not feel the hate but I know the women do.

zyggie

Posted at 11:32 AM on January 15, 2014

It’s not correct …HATE is all around everyone. If you’re Jewish, Polish, French, Black, etc. The person who spits out this type of trash is consumed with hatred for self. There is something not right in their lives and they feel that junk makes them in control. The devil is busy collecting his people. It’s up to all of us to believe in a heaven or hell or God, higher being etc. some of us don’t believe but, he believes in us. People are doing some crazy, hateful, disgusting things these days. It’s weird.

Susy

Posted at 11:21 AM on January 15, 2014

I love them. They are so beautiful and funny. I can’t believe anyone would be so disgusting as to spew that kind of hate.

stephanyteatai

Posted at 4:50 PM on January 14, 2014

Honestly people… get a life. Go be racist a-holes somewhere else. Peeps are just jel that she has a good thing going. If people in age difference relationships can be together, then why in the hell should that be different for people of different color?! Tammy, screw the tweets, they’re just words. And your actions to love this man till death do you part will outshine all those hateful tweets. Stay strong. God bless.

todd schobel

Posted at 2:50 PM on January 14, 2014

STOPit a tool to fight cyberbullying and make the world a better place.
We officially launched STOPit in Jan 2014.
stopitcyberbully.com

Make it a great day
Todd

Ammy Anderson

Posted at 2:16 PM on January 14, 2014

my buddy’s half-sister makes $72 an hour on the internet. She has been without a job for 7 months but last month her payment was $21725 just working on the internet for a few hours. pop over to this site

➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨➨  W­W­W­.­S­T­A­R­5­­8.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

TAMMY LYN

Posted at 12:55 PM on January 15, 2014

You are an ignorant pig!!!! SINCE YOU KNOW THE GOING RATE, OBVIOUSLY YOU PLAY THE GAME ON A REGULAR BASIS. How much do you charge?

TAMMY LYN

Posted at 1:14 PM on January 15, 2014

WHOEVER you are. STOP!!!!! using my name and web address to spew your opinions!!!!!

lu

Posted at 1:41 PM on January 14, 2014

STOP! JUST STOP! STOP CRYING! GROW SOME BALLS! Who cares what these losers say? You both have beautiful families. I AM WHITE! I love your love. Worry about your child. Only people talking about 300.00 are fools that are jealous. Sandra Bullock, Jolie, and so many others are adopting children because of love. Not color. Love your family. SCREW THE IDIOTS! God bless to all of you.

toopretty12

Posted at 1:17 PM on January 14, 2014

Reblogged this on The Pretty Canary.

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 1:14 PM on January 14, 2014

THE WORLD IS FULL OF HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!