He’s the son of legendary entertainer Diana Ross and the brand new fiancé of Ashlee Simpson, but we’ve rounded up more cool details that you need to know about the mysterious Evan Ross!
Evan Ross proposed to Ashlee Simpson on Jan. 13 — and she said yes! If that’s about all you know about this mysterious hunk, catch up on the need-to-know details of the 25-year-old’s exciting life right here, and find out where you can look forward to seeing him next!
Evan Ross: Learn All About Ashlee Simpson’s Fiancé
1. Evan Olav Næss, otherwise known as Evan Ross, is the son of legendary singer Diana Ross and mountaineer Arne Næss, Jr. — those are some pretty lofty beginnings! Sadly, Evan’s dad was killed in a climbing accident in South Africa in 2004.
2. It’s no surprise that Evan has the musical gene. He began recording his debut R&B/pop album in 2007 and released his first single, “Yes Me,” in 2011, which was co-written and produced by Tony DeNiro. He has also appeared in Notorious B.I.G.‘s video Nasty Girl and Lionel Richie‘s video Just Go.
3. In addition to being musically gifted, Evan has quite the acting career! His first major role was in ATL, alongside rappers T.I. and Big Boi. He played an angsty troubled teen in Life Support alongside Queen Latifah, and received critical acclaim for his role in 96 Minutes, which won him a “Breakthrough Performance” award at the 2011 SXSW Film Festival. He also has a recurring role as Charlie Selby on 90210, and was cast as Massella in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 &2.
4. Evan and now fiancée Ashlee Simpson, 29, were first spotted together as a couple in July 2013. The pair have known each other through mutual friends in the music scene for about ten years.
5. Evan popped the question to Ashlee on Jan. 13, 2014: and was thrilled when she said yes, sharing a beautiful photo of the girl he calls “the love of my life” on his Twitter page in celebration. So sweet!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Evan and Ashlee are a perfect match?
— Kristine Hope Kowalski