Rihanna & Shakira Release Sexy ‘Can’t Remember To Forget You’ Single

Mon, January 13, 2014 9:12am EDT by 29 Comments

It’s here — the glorious day has finally arrived! The two sexy singers dropped their huge collaboration on Jan. 13 and it’s even bigger and better than we imagined. Listen to the song below!

Rihanna and Shakira teaming up sounds like something we created in our dreams — but it’s a real life thing. And the two sexy megastars met their high expectations on Jan. 13, releasing a banging single called “Can’t Remember to Forget You” on Ryan Seacrest‘s radio show.

Rihanna & Shakira Release ‘Can’t Remember To Forget You’

With a bit of a reggae beat and some upbeat flavor, Shakira starts off by taking the wheel. Her iconic voice soars on the track, as the chorus adds a little more edge to the song.

Things really heat up when Rihanna comes in. Her smooth voice plays off of Shakira’s perfectly and the energy she brings into the second verse is undeniable with her singing lyrics like, “The only memory, is you and me, kissing in the moonlight.” The themes of not being able to quit a boyfriend no matter what obviously hit pretty close to home for RiRi — there’s no doubt that her on-again, off-again relationship with Chris Brown drips all over this song.

See the song’s full lyrics here:

[Shakira]

I left a note on my bedpost
Said not to repeat
Yesterday’s mistakes
What I tend to do
When it comes to you
I see only the good
Selective memory
The way he makes me feel, yeah
Gotta hold on me
I’ve never met someone so different

Oh here we go
He a part of me now
He a part of me
So where you go I follow, follow, follow

I can’t remember to forget you
I keep forgetting I should let you go
But when you look at me
The only memory is us kissing in the moonlight
I can’t remember to forget you

[Rihanna]

I go back again
Fall off the train
Land in his bed
Repeat yesterday’s mistakes
What I’m trying to say is not to forget
You see only the good, selective memory

The way he makes me feel like
The way he makes me feel
I never seemed to act so stupid
Oh here we go
He a part of me now
He a part of me
So where he goes I follow

[Chorus]

The only memory is us kissing in the moonlight
I can’t remember to forget you

But when you look at me
The only memory is us kissing in the moonlight
I can’t remember to forget you

Rihanna & Shakira: A Collaboration Made In Heaven

The two South of the Border hotties — Rihanna from Barbados and Shakira from Colombia — began teasing their collaboration on Jan. 6. Instagramming a picture of chairs with the stars’ names on them, Rihanna wrote, “One. Week. Countdown.”

Then on Jan. 9, Rihanna posted the single’s cover art. Did we mention it’s sexy? Not only was Rihanna seductively draped over Shakira, but both singers donned sultry black dresses that exposed ample amounts of cleavage.

“Working with her was utopia,” Shakira said in the Jan. 14 issue of Glamour. “She’s the sexiest woman on the planet. And at the end of the day, we’re both basically just Caribbean girls. The chemistry was so good and so real.” Well, no wonder why this song is the bomb!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Listen to the song below and let us know!

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Rihanna News:

1. Rihanna: The Real Reason Why She Has A ‘Crush’ On Mychal Kendricks
  2. Rihanna & Cara Delevingne Dress Down For Nets Game
  3. Mychal Kendricks: Rihanna Calls Philadelphia Eagles Player ‘Crush’

Jazz

Posted at 11:14 PM on January 13, 2014

I agree with someone else that said that the song would be absolute garbage is Rihanna wasnt on it, and she barely even sings on it!!

nisey

Posted at 11:09 PM on January 13, 2014

Rihanna dont mine sharing it with another talented young lady. “correction”

nisey

Posted at 11:03 PM on January 13, 2014

This song is beautiful it speaks from the heart, I love this song i give them credit for a wonderful well done song. I can hear the words it a love song to a person you no mean the world to you and even though they made mistake you still love them and want to forgive them and start over again there nothing you would not do for them, It speak to your heart, if you even been in a relationship with someone who you truly love you will understand a beautiful love song. Great ladies well none job Rihanna her voices wow Great. This song will touch many of hearts. Rihanna have talented and dont mine sharing it with another young who have talented as well. Rihanna is truly bless.

all ok but

Posted at 6:24 PM on January 13, 2014

didn’t they have a supervisor?
The song might be good for Shakira. But it is a waste of Rihanna’s rhytmic presence.
Should “selective memory” now be the next stage after “figure it out”?
Why should you follow? he is following you anyway. as a part of you. isn’t he? stupid text.
Shakira is suspect. Aqua bearing, Pisces flowing.
Here another stupid line: “I rob and I kill to keep him with me”. I mean, what does she aim?

ok, I did not like Drunk In Love first. but now I like it. maybe this song will sound some day nicer to me.

Sashawithanear

Posted at 6:23 PM on January 13, 2014

This song sucks!!!! This would have to be a subtitle song in order to listen to it. Stop giving AUTOTUNE Rihanna credit for helping a song. All her songs dont require talent!! Just a lot of AUTOTUNE her concerts prove that a many times over.

all ok but

Posted at 6:26 PM on January 13, 2014

what a waste of autotune though.

KIRK

Posted at 4:54 PM on January 13, 2014

ANDREW GRUTTADARO YOU ARE A FAKE YOU WIPE OUT OPINIONS YOU DO NOT LIKE AND KEEP YOUR LIES AND ALSO YOU POLL NUMBERS EVERYONE IS UP ON YOUR ONE SIDED NEWS IT IS ALL LIES.

babygirl

Posted at 4:28 PM on January 13, 2014

I’m sorry but I don’t like that song. Don’t do anything for me

Roy

Posted at 3:18 PM on January 13, 2014

HOT HOT HOT those two women are HOT

Barb

Posted at 3:17 PM on January 13, 2014

I love it because Rihanna is singing with Shakira.

Christine D. Rogers (@ChristineDRoger)

Posted at 3:17 PM on January 13, 2014

I’ve got my FIRST check total of $1667for one week, pretty cool. working from home saves income in several ways.I love that. I’ve recently started taking the steps to build my freelance Job career so that I can work from home. here is i started… F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

Lucy

Posted at 3:16 PM on January 13, 2014

I love this song and without Rihanna on it it wouldn’t get that many hits. She was smart to put Rihanna on it and watch it rise to the top numbers thanks to Rihanna.

Sing

Posted at 3:02 PM on January 13, 2014

I heard the song and I dont like it. It a Shakira song, its not something that Rihanna would usually sing on her own. Shakira needs Rihannna’s help she cant succeed on her own??

killy gibson

Posted at 2:32 PM on January 13, 2014

my buddy’s step-aunt makes $67 every hour on the laptop. She has been unemployed for eight months but last month her paycheck was $20141 just working on the laptop for a few hours. find out here>>>>>> bay91.COM

Vanessa xx

Posted at 2:22 PM on January 13, 2014

Love this song its so good Rihanna and shakira really complement each other well although rihanna’s verse from my perspective has lyrical hints on her feelings about ex boyfriends and i think in particular Chris brown its better to put your pains into music but i hope that she finds love and happiness because i feel she deserves it #love rih❤

Holly

Posted at 12:53 PM on January 13, 2014

Good song, I’ve listened to it several times. The fact is that Rihanna can sing on all types of songs, slow or fast, her range is so good. I want to see her collaborate on a love song next with a male singer. I think she would sing well with Miguel or Justin Timberlake for a love song.

Darlene Anderson

Posted at 12:13 PM on January 13, 2014

Rihanna is what make it pops! But I prefer her better doing a duet with male vocalist! If her and Chris could had gotten over their differences, (without input from Drake and Kaeleeche) they could had put out a great video for the duet on Chris’s Album X……

Did anyone see that boy in DC court?…..He’s back to looking fine as hell and healthy, face is full just fine that’s all I got to say……Chris Brown is fine! And no! this is not an delusional Rih fan hoping for these two…..Just think they are great talented people that happens to Black in a white man’s world…..huh?…..where did that last part come from? LMMFAO!

Riri fan

Posted at 12:55 PM on January 13, 2014

Why would Drake even have an input in anything Rihanna wants to sing. Riri and Chris would take the world by storm if they ever did a song together, however Rihanna made it clear last year she would never do a song with him again.

nisey

Posted at 11:06 AM on January 13, 2014

Great Song Rihanna at her best,

DINO

Posted at 10:40 AM on January 13, 2014

OK I listened to it a 2nd time – I like it, but RIHANNA makes this record hot & worth listening to. WITHOUT RIHANNA this song would be typical garbage

DINO

Posted at 10:26 AM on January 13, 2014

it’s ok ….. i kinda like it

replikation

Posted at 10:19 AM on January 13, 2014

Best song :D

replikation

Posted at 10:18 AM on January 13, 2014

Best song :D I am already addicted to it!

John

Posted at 10:10 AM on January 13, 2014

It sounds fresh, and it doesn’t sound like other songs.
Where can I buy it?!

Mister Baja

Posted at 9:55 AM on January 13, 2014

let’s hope they continue with this.

Jessica

Posted at 9:38 AM on January 13, 2014

I like it and can’t wait to download it

ray