It’s Emma’s first time at the Golden Globes and the fashionista didn’t disappoint! We especially love her modern twist on the classic chignon updo. Get her exact beauty look from her hairstylist Shelley Brien below!
Harry Potter star Emma Watson worked her magic at the 2014 Golden Globes, held in Beverly Hills, Calif. on Jan. 12., giving the timeless chignon updo a fun and flirty update. Her hairstyle featured a deep side part and a couple of wispy pieces that framed her always gorgeous face. We spoke to her hairstylist Shelley Brien to bring you deets on her exact look!
Emma Watson Golden Globes Hair — Get Her Chic & Modern Chignon
Celebrity Hairstylist Shelley Brien tells HollywoodLife.com she was going for soft yet modern hair on Emma.
To show off Emma’s daring red backless dress and pants by Christian Dior, Shelley concocted the perfect updo!
To get Emma’s look, follow these simple instructions:
1.First spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to damp hair. Take a medium sized boar bristle round brush and blow dry hair with the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer so that it’s straight and smooth.
2. Once hair is dry, run the T3 SinglePass Flat Iron through hair to straighten. Then create a side part and then spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Dry Shampoo in Rich Darks to the roots to create extra volume.
3. Backcomb the hair near the front of your face to create texture and then brush all the hair back until it’s smooth. Maintaining the side part, pull hair back into a low ponytail and then wrap hair loosely into a chignon. Wrap hair similar to a bun and then pin in place.
4. Pull a few pieces of hair in the front and tuck behind the ear to create a more modern, tousled look.
5. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to leave it with a sleek, finished look.”
Emma’s makeup perfectly complimented her look. Her makeup was done by celebrity makeup artist Kate Lee for Chanel.
Lips and lashes were the focal point — she used CHANEL Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir on her lashes and mixed CHANEL Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in Exaltée and Coromandel for a gorgeous pout.
Did you love Emma’s hair and makeup, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!
– Tierney McAfee
More Golden Globes News:
- Jennifer Lawrence: Stunning Wearing Dior Beauty At Golden Globes
- Taylor Swift’s Stunning Red Lip At 2014 Golden Globe Awards
- Golden Globes Best Beauty: Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lawrence & More