Amy and Tina hosted the 71st Annual Golden Globes Awards on Jan. 12, and they were SO funny! It made a night full of celebrities presenting awards to each other surprisingly relatable.
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were amazing at the Golden Globes! The actresses hosted the annual awards show and they had me laughing until I cried. There were so many hilarious moments, but HollywoodLife.com has narrowed it down the my top five.
Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Host 2014 Golden Globes
The comedic actresses really had the crowd roaring with laughter. Even though they looked angelic, their jokes definitely stung! There are too many jokes and shockers to go through them all but here are my top five moments:
2. Tina made sure to take a jab at Gravity star George Clooney, saying: “[He] would rather float away in space and die than spend one more minute with a woman his own age.”
3. Tina really had a ton of zingers throughout the show and she made sure to poke fun at longtime actress Meryl Streep. “Meryl Streep was so great in August Osage County, proving that there are great parts in Hollywood for Meryl Streep’s over 60.”
4. Both ladies praised Matthew McConaughey for losing 45 pounds for his role in Dallas Buyer’s Club. It did sound like a compliment but then Tina made sure to say that Matthew’s weight loss is: “what actress call being in a movie.”
These ladies were amazing and we can’t wait for them to host again next year!
Tina & Amy Diss Taylor Swift At 2013 Golden Globes
Tina and Amy were also hilarious when they hosted the Golden Globes in 2013. One of the most talked about moments was when they called out Taylor Swift for her serial dating. Then they made sure to say “stay away from Michael J. Fox‘s son.”
Taylor didn’t take the joke in stride, in fact she told Vanity Fair after the diss: “There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”
HollywoodLifers, what did you think of Amy and Tina as hosts?
— Chloe Melas
More Golden Globes:
- Tina Fey & Amy Poehler At Golden Globes: Great Hosts Or Big Fail? — Vote
- Jodie Foster On Coming Out: My Speech Speaks For Itself
- 2013 Golden Globes Winners: Jennifer Lawrence & More — Full List