Matt Bomer Shaves His Head For Movie Role — Love It? Vote

Fri, January 10, 2014 1:04pm EDT by 17 Comments
Matt Bomer Shaved Head
Getty

Bomer gets buzzed! Matt Bomer showed up with a new look at the panel for HBO’s 2014 TCA Tour in Pasadena on Jan. 9. Hair or no hair — do you think Matt still looks handsome? Read below to find out why he shaved his head!

The handsome Matt Bomer, 36, showed a new side to his sex appeal when he arrived at the TCA panel in Pasadena, Calif. on Jan. 9 — with a new buzz cut! What do you think of his new ‘do? Do you love him buzzed or miss his long, brown locks? Find out the movie behind Matt’s makeover right here.

Matt Bomer Shaved Head — Did It For New Movie Role

Not only did Matt shave his head — but he also shed 40 lbs! So what movie did the blue eyed actor make the changes for? Well, HollywoodLifers, Matt underwent the makeover to play Felix Turner in the upcoming HBO Film, The Normal Heart.

The film is directed by Ryan Murphy and written by Larry Kramer, and is about a gay activist trying to raise HIV/AIDS awareness among a group of gay men in New York City during the early 1980s. Matt plays the lover to Matt Ruffalo‘s writer/activist character, Ned. Are you excited to see Matt at Felix Turner?

Matt Bomer — Shaving Heads & Turning Heads

For Matt to play Felix, he had to undergo a physical transformation. From his buzz to his body — Matt looked amazing at HBO’s panel! The stud lost inches of his hair and waistline by losing 40 lbs! Julia Roberts, who plays Dr. Emma Brookner, a physician who treats some of the earliest HIV/AIDS patients in the film, said: “We all took a very small break [during production], and he came back half the person he was and twice the man!”

Do you think Matt looks better than ever?

What do you think of Matt’s makeover, HollywoodLifers? Do you prefer the hunk with more hair?

– Joanna Hein

More Matt Bomer News:

1. Matt Bomer’s Fans Tweet That They Want Him Cast In ’50 Shades Of Grey’
  2. Fans Petition For Alexis Bledel & Matt Bomer To Star In ’50 Shades’
  3. Matt Bomer Is Gay: ‘White Collar’ Actor Comes Out At Awards Ceremony

Hildegard

Posted at 10:04 PM on March 18, 2014

Hi Dear, are you in fact visiting this web site on
a regular basis, if so then you will without doubt take fastidious knowledge.

Mic

Posted at 4:59 AM on February 2, 2014

Awwww, he is absolutely gorgeous, either way. He looks like a god from the heavens. He is the physical incarnation of perfection…. Sexiness made flesh… I could go on long like that, but I get the feeling that this is a man who doesn’t exactly care for his looks to be his main quality – the choice of this role shows that much, and I respect that. No matter how I like to feast my eyes on his hotness, we all know time will make it fade, and there’s more to a person than just that!!

sophiebowns

Posted at 6:48 PM on January 26, 2014

Matt is still beautiful, but I don’t like his new hair :(

stephanie

Posted at 10:34 AM on January 18, 2014

I dont like his new haircut…i love the old one. As neal caffrey you obviously need hair.

Swoon!

Posted at 6:17 AM on January 14, 2014

It does’nt matter what his hair is cut like, he is still the most beautiful man alive!!!

Amy

Posted at 12:51 AM on January 12, 2014

I love Matt bomer. And I don’t care if he cut his hair even though I liked his other hair he is still hottttt so I really don’t care, waiting for white collar and don’t forget about Matt bomer Mondays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skiwitch

Posted at 3:15 PM on January 11, 2014

He’s the most beautiful man on the planet with or without hair! Personally, I prefer it longer. He is very much the professional and does whatever he needs to in order to give his best for a role. I expect him to shine in this part and look forward to his other upcoming projects.

LadyBurton

Posted at 9:32 AM on January 11, 2014

He looks amazing both ways.

too much old

Posted at 4:14 PM on January 10, 2014

would have been a perfect christian grey!

mattybrocks

Posted at 4:11 PM on January 10, 2014

He has the best head of hair no doubt. But when I saw that picture with the buzz cut, my jaw hit the floor with how beautiful he looked! It’s that face, those eyes, those lips, and the cheekbones. Loved Julia’s comment “half the size, double the man”. I freaking can’t wait for the movie!

Melboypete

Posted at 3:47 PM on January 10, 2014

With a face like his it doesn’t matter what hairstyle he has, he’ll still look good.

Kadijah

Posted at 3:26 PM on January 10, 2014

Wow morethan handsome

Lyzr peter (@lyzr_peter)

Posted at 2:54 PM on January 10, 2014

I’ve love Matt Bomer’s new look although I never expected it in the first place… I really felt it weird

Static

Posted at 2:34 PM on January 10, 2014

Matt Ruffalo? Don’t you mean Mark Ruffalo?

Lol

Posted at 2:09 PM on January 10, 2014

I love you how ever you look *swoons*

Charles J. Flowers (@Flowers075)

Posted at 1:33 PM on January 10, 2014

Start working at home with GOOGLE!YAHOO. ABCNEWS AND MORE GLOBAL SITES… It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, …. W­­W­­W.­­M­­A­­X­­­­4­­7.­­C­­O­­M­­

GO TO THE THE SITE AND HOME TAB FOR DETAILS….

Joyb

Posted at 1:11 PM on January 10, 2014

I hate buzz cuts, bald, etc, but Matt is still a gorgeous guy.