Bikini Bridge: Rihanna & More Celebs Prove You Don’t Need One To Be Sexy

Wed, January 8, 2014 5:35pm EDT by 15 Comments
Bikini Bridge
Courtesy of Twitter/Instagram

While this week may be freezing, it hasn’t stopped people from talking all about bikinis. The new trend ‘bikini bridges’ have been popping up all over Instagram after a forum used the phrase to cause the attention — well you’re getting it from me — and not in a good way.

A “bikini bridge” is defined as “bikini bottoms are suspended between the two hip bones, causing a space between the bikini and the lower abdomen,” according to Urban Dictionary. You’ve seen the pics that show them all  — celebrities like Rihanna and Heidi Klum have posted it on their Instagram. However, those gorgeous celebs don’t actually have a bikini bridge in their perfectly-angled pics — does this make them less sexy?

Bikini Bridges — It’s Not Necessary For Sex Appeal

The “bikini bridge” photos have been going on since the camera phone was invented, but when 4chan launched a “bikini bridge” campaign to try and create attention — it did just that. The site, a popular message board that specializes in memes began posting about the “bikini bridge” on their random forum (or “/b/” as the internet world knows it).

They wanted the reaction — and here you go. In my opinion, there are two points to be made here — first that you don’t have to have a “bikini bridge” to be skinny.

‘Bikini bridge’ new selfie trend taking over social media

Take a look at Rihanna, Heidi Klum, Deena Cortese and Bar Refaeli. Just think about this for a moment.

Regardless of whether you like her music or not, Rihanna has one of the best bodies, ever. Every music video she comes out with, she’s wearing less and less and we don’t actually mind. She couldn’t post enough bikini pics — but she doesn’t have a “bikini bridge” . . . at all.

We don’t really have to say how stunning Heidi is. She’s one of the most famous models ever and ran the Victoria’s Secret runway for 13 years, has posed on Sports IllustratedVogueMarie Claire and Elle, and was named world’s sexiest model in 2008 by Models.com.

As for Deena, just look at the pic — she’s lounging in a yellow bikini showing off her oiled up body — and she definitely doesn’t need that “bridge” to look amazing! Same goes for Bar — she was no. 1 on Maxim‘s Hot 100 list in 2012 and dated one of the sexiest men in the world, Leonardo DiCaprio.

Overall, my point is that you don’t need a your hip bones to point out to show that you’re in shape!

Not All Women With Bikini Bridges Are ‘Too’ Skinny

However, every woman that has a bikini bridge isn’t too skinny either — it’s important to point that out. Guess what — having a bikini bridge isn’t a skinny-girl thing. It’s a way-you-were-built thing!

I can say, as a proud size 6 woman that when I lay down and breathe in, my hip bones show. In all reality, every woman has hip bones and if you pose the right way and get the right angle, your hip bones could show. It’s all about how you were built, not how thin you are.

I guess over all, the point is that no matter what you’re body is like or what size your bikini is, you should be proud of it. As for the site that created this to cause a reaction, well congratulations — you got one from me.

— Emily Longeretta

More Bikini News:

1. Kris Jenner Posts Skimpy Bikini Pic — Competing With Kim Kardashian?
  2. Lea Michele Bares Her Butt In Revealing Thong Bikini — Pic
  3. Paris Jackson Looks Happy Posing For A Pic In Her Bikini

ways to live a healthy life

Posted at 1:54 PM on July 26, 2014

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that
it’s truly informative. I am gonna watch out
for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future.
Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Teamwork Development

Posted at 4:30 PM on May 3, 2014

I visited various web pages however the audio feature ffor audio songs presdent
at thhis web site is genuinely marvelous.

Posted at 11:01 AM on April 11, 2014

Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using?
I’m looking to start my own blog in the near future but I’m
having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique.
P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

Ulysses

Posted at 12:16 AM on April 8, 2014

Ahaa, its fastidious conversation about this post at this place
at this weblog, I have read all that, so now me also
commenting here.

Andreas

Posted at 9:12 AM on March 25, 2014

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote
the book in it or something. I think that you
can do with a few pics to drive the message home
a little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog.
An excellent read. I’ll definitely be back.

VMware Workstation

Posted at 7:08 AM on March 25, 2014

As an enthusiast of information technology invite all ladies interested in IT at my blog.
Using of check professional describe I check as well as beat different type furniture – using by with mobile phones, on very
HP servers, IMB or Cisco. Good relationships with distributors accesses buy me to power
gear lot before the premiere.

video seo houston

Posted at 2:51 PM on March 1, 2014

There is certainly a lot to find out about this issue. I really like all of
the points you have made.

Vanessa xx

Posted at 5:11 PM on January 9, 2014

Personally i don’t see what difference it makes these women are still beautiful and ‘sexy” in their own way and respectfully so all this pressure to look ‘beautiful’ is pointless as beauty is in the eye of the beholder as nice as it would be to have a bikini bridge it doesn’t make much difference if you don’t have one

annie

Posted at 2:32 PM on January 9, 2014

Wow you look good in them bikiniz ladies…..it’s us against them, ya get me?

hossna

Posted at 2:23 PM on January 9, 2014

rihanna is the best, She is Queen

Arlene

Posted at 12:05 AM on January 16, 2014

Queen? I thought Beyoncé was the queen of darkness and Ri i was the Princess of darkness ?

Leigh

Posted at 9:44 AM on January 9, 2014

The ‘bikini bridge’ trend started off as a hoax on 4chan to purposely try and make women feel bad about themselves. It’s basically a group of creepy neckbearded guys trying to make it the new ‘thigh gap’ because they weren’t hugged enough as children. It’s sad that it’s caught on.

Mary Jane

Posted at 12:06 AM on January 16, 2014

And of course these stupid celebrities who lack on to anything new do it!! And their sheep followers do it too!

bernard and india walker

Posted at 1:41 AM on January 9, 2014

Hey PIU video is the best tutorial l of this bikini line . Dancers call it ” Bottle Line ” . Now ask Rihanna or your local stripper why?

Peterrrrr

Posted at 9:27 PM on January 8, 2014

Seeking Doctors, Lawyers, Professionals, Millionaires, Billionaires, Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Athletes, and Models, College Students, Actresses, Playmates, and the sexy Girls Next Door. Connect with millions of successful and attractive people on ….CelebritiesDating.Cōm….. now! dsfsdfsdfsdf