Old Spice ‘Mom Song’ Commercial Is Creepy & Wonderful — Watch

Mon, January 6, 2014 11:06am EDT by 13 Comments

Feast your eyes on Old Spice’s brilliant — and slightly unsettling — work of art, then share your thoughts!

We all know that puberty is an awkward time for guys, but did you know it’s just as uncomfortable for their moms? Old Spice‘s latest creation, “Mom Song,” tackles this very sensitive subject with tact, purpose and some of the creepiest imagery I’ve ever seen in a commercial.

Old Spice ‘Mom Song’ Commercial: It’s Impossible Not To Love

The commercial, which has blown up since hitting the web Jan. 3, features a crew of emotional mothers in various states of disguise — not to mention emotional distress — as they watch their sons turn into men before their very eyes.

Honestly, we’re a little surprised that Old Spice is already running this commercial, rather than saving it for the Super Bowl next month. (But, hey, that just means the company probably has something even more outrageous waiting in the wings!)

HollywoodLifers, are you as weirdly obsessed with this commercial as we are? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the new ad below!

— Andy Swift

More Commercials Worth Watching:

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: See How They Became Famous — WATCH
  2. Rihanna’s Sexy New Fragrance Commercial — Watch It Here
  3. Taylor Swift Releases Part 2 Of ‘Taylor’ Fragrance Commercial — Watch

Kristan

Posted at 8:58 AM on June 17, 2014

Thanks for every other informative website.
The place else could I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect method?
I have a project that I am just now operating on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.

pwales

Posted at 2:10 PM on January 31, 2014

Love it! I actually LOOK for this commercial… and I HATE commercials. Enjoy the music, too.

T. h.

Posted at 10:48 PM on January 8, 2014

I can’t stop watching this.

Wifee1983 (@Wifee1983)

Posted at 3:21 PM on January 6, 2014

hi

Boom

Posted at 1:56 PM on January 6, 2014

It was ICKY…but, unfortunately, not far from the truth, the way overprotective “helicopter parents” are these days…YUCK. Makes me glad I never wanted kids.

Lamont O'Brian

Posted at 1:47 PM on January 6, 2014

That is the worst commercial I’ve ever seen. Very disturbing. After seeing that commercial I’ll never buy Old Spice again. I hope they NEVER show that commercial again and I hope they fire the people that made it and also the people that approved it.

Easy Peasy

Posted at 2:02 PM on January 6, 2014

It’s a great commercial…get a sense of humor, sheesh

Pat

Posted at 9:51 AM on January 7, 2014

You are silly!
Thank God they don’t have woody people like you that make and approve commercial for them!

John Buckley

Posted at 11:56 AM on January 6, 2014

My wife and I sat with our mouths open wondering what the heck we were watching. It was the worst commercial I have seen in a long time.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:16 PM on January 6, 2014

It’s definitely polarizing. It seems people either love it or hate it.

Pat

Posted at 9:58 AM on January 7, 2014

Do you people have any sense of humor? Get some if you don’t!
It’s a great commercial- it’s a piece of art.
Some people just got used to the naive, silly commercials of North American cars and fast foods.

Chuck Schick

Posted at 2:22 PM on January 7, 2014

a great commercial? a piece of art? now that’s funny

bcat79

Posted at 4:24 PM on March 8, 2014

Sorry it’s just creepy. No accounting for taste. It insults the female parent.