‘Duck Dynasty': The Real Reason A&E Suspended Phil Robertson

Sat, December 21, 2013 10:03am EDT by 19 Comments
Phil Robertson Suspended
Courtesy of A&E

Robert

Posted at 11:16 PM on December 29, 2013

How dare Phil Robertson or anyone else on a “reality tv show” be themselves or say what they think. We are looking good with this kind of crap and our new Oblunder healthcare coming. So quick to jump on board when it makes you money but if they dont think and talk like you… I think if someone wants to say what they think, that is a good thing. If you don’t like something don’t watch it. It’s amazing now in 2013, they have more than one tv station. Keep it up and you all should start watching Doomsday Preppers. Pack up your Prius its coming.

Bill Ladd

Posted at 3:59 PM on December 27, 2013

Additionally, I AM TIRED OF POITICAL CORRECTNESS FOR POLITICAL GAIN. The majority of Americans are tired of it too and the Sleeping Giant has awakened. Get ready for 2014 elections it will be a disaster for liberals.
Lets offend the 90% of Americans to appease the 10%. One great freedom overlooked in our country is the right to leave.

Bill Ladd

Posted at 3:55 PM on December 27, 2013

Not only will I never watch A&E again, we are working for Christains to boycott them even if they bring Phil back. You proffited on his back from Christians who watch, you will pay a price.
Phil’s staements were not said out of hate, if that were true than I dare you to call Jesus speach a hate message. Phil quoted God’s word. God’s word does not call homosexuality a lifestyle or a choice, it is called SIN.

Kasnukelhed

Posted at 9:07 PM on December 25, 2013

Robertson is a Bible thumping swamp billy ignoramus. He is living proof Jim Crow attitudes are alive and thrive in the south.

mary

Posted at 12:44 PM on December 23, 2013

I find it really funny everybody is about free speech until a Christian quotes the bible when asked about his viewpoint on matters. I do think that A & E went way to far and will not be supporting their network anymore.

AngryLibertarian

Posted at 11:00 PM on December 22, 2013

I guess it’s a good thing the A & E staff didn’t just lynch him. There’s never been a more hateful man than that Phil Robertson, no sir. Yep, he was sure “railing” away, quoting the Bible and talking about love. Imagine a time when, if he was gay and came out during the interview and talked about his attraction to men, and was fired for that. I suppose GLAAD would have their knickers in a twist then too. But then it would be for the right reason? The Liberals are so tolerant of others’ beliefs, as long as the beliefs are Liberal-agenda approved.

Pamela Mowbray

Posted at 12:55 PM on December 22, 2013

Oh brother. A&E is full of crap. Their views are definately anti-Bible. They say they were just protecting their gay employees? Protecting them from what? The Truth? Robertson did not say anything disrespectful. He simply quoted Scripture. A&E had to be sure he was punished? Are you kidding me? That’s such a joke. How has he or his family been punished? If you think firing someone – a Christian – from a show because he stands his ground and says the Bible is Truth is punishment, then, you really are decieved. The fact, you say, is that Robertson called all gays sinners? The fact is, Scripture says that all who embrace homosexuality are, indeed, sinners. So, A&E, why have you got a problem with that? You’re problem goes deeper than losing a hit show. You’re problem is you are in conflict, not with Robertson, but rather with the Almighty. You got a problem with what God says in His Word? Then take it up with God. Go rant and rave to God about how homosexuality is not sin. Until you do that, you are doing nothing more than acting the fool….

V

Posted at 1:48 PM on December 23, 2013

He was saying that being a homosexual is “wrong”. Which it isn’t. That’s his opinion based on his beliefs, not facts. Being gay isn’t a choice, it’s a little thing called natural attraction, welcome to 2013.

lu

Posted at 12:55 PM on December 21, 2013

A&E did the same s*it to Dog the bounty hunter.

Samantha D. Strong (@SamanthaDStrong)

Posted at 3:15 PM on December 21, 2013

just as Helen answered I’m startled that any body can get paid $5957 in one month on the internet. navigate to this site… T­E­C­8­­0.C­O­M

madisynmadison

Posted at 12:40 PM on December 21, 2013

my co-worker’s step-aunt makes $62 every hour on the internet. She has been fired for ten months but last month her payment was $16372 just working on the internet for a few hours. view it,,,, www.tec60.Com

Minka

Posted at 12:29 PM on December 21, 2013

Are you kidding me??? This is the biggest bunch of bull the same as everything HL writers have had to say on this subject. A&E has DD marathons on all week. I guess the gay employees realized they really like the cash the Robertsons bring in to pay their salaries. I hope DD switches to another network fast. They are all hypocrites at A&E. At least Phil will tell you exactly what he believes and stand by it.

PatriciaSDressler (@PatriciaSDressl)

Posted at 11:59 AM on December 21, 2013

morekare

Posted at 11:45 AM on December 21, 2013

I never watched “Duck Dynasty” but I’d like to know where Phil Robertson and his family will be appearing in the future so I can watch them. I like people who have strong conservative lifestyles and views and who don’t give-in to liberal philosophies. Phil seems like a great man. It’s too bad there aren’t more people like Phil Robertson.

PatriciaSDressler (@PatriciaSDressl)

Posted at 11:30 AM on December 21, 2013

my co-worker’s sister-in-law makes $88/hr on the internet. She has been unemployed for eight months but last month her pay was $12798 just working on the internet for a few hours. Go Here=======> jobs59.ℭOM

InJesusName

Posted at 11:10 AM on December 21, 2013

I stand behind Phil as well. He only spoke the truth. I think his commits may have hit home with some of the GLAAD and LGBT participates which caused some of the reactions. If Christians can be forced silent in the media then I think the Gay’s should be forced into silence as well. I mean, aren’t my beliefs as a Christian being spit if I am forced to see two men or two women in a relationship on T.V. or in public. Yes, I change the channel or ignore the fact that two men or two women are in a sexual relationship. If I am expected to except them for their beliefs and sexual acts, which parts were clearly not made to fit together, then my beliefs as a Christian should be respected as well. If the gays and lesbians believe that their lifestyle and beliefs are so perfectly acceptable then why did Phil’s commits offend them so deeply. This entire issue is not only about free speech but also about our religious freedom as well. Thank you Phil for standing your ground for this may be the last strong hold Christians have on the society we now live in.

Vicky

Posted at 10:57 AM on December 21, 2013

DUCK DYNASTY WOULD BE GONE IF PHIL DOESN’T STAY ON IT!!!!!! WE LOVE PHIL AND WE WILL STAY BEHIND HIM NO MATTER WHAT!!!! ITS HIS BELIEFS NOT THEIRS!!! NOW GET OUT OF HIS BUSINESS!!!!

jj

Posted at 10:08 AM on December 21, 2013

NO EXCUSES, THEY DID WRONG AND I STAND BEHIND PHIL AND THE BIBLE ALL THE WAY!

BigotsToTheRightofMe

Posted at 10:33 AM on December 21, 2013

You take your imaginary friend too seriously obviously.