Phil Robertson: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Star Insults Muslims In Shocking Interview

Thu, December 19, 2013 5:16pm EDT by 63 Comments
Phil Robertson Homophobic Comments

Dana

Posted at 6:52 PM on July 16, 2014

Muslims do believe in Jesus they just believe that he is a prophet not the son of God.

E Saylor

Posted at 8:40 PM on January 24, 2014

He is laughing all the way to the bank. I knew from the first that it is all a put- on. Have fun you morans.

Kelley Benson

Posted at 12:16 PM on December 29, 2013

So Phil must have never heard of The Spanish Inquisition?!

KW

Posted at 4:04 PM on December 29, 2013

Kelley, They put homosexuals to death in Muslim countries and according to the koran. Why are you attacking Christianity for calling homosexuality a sin… I dare you to say something against Islam and its laws in regards to homosexuality! I think we all know the reason why… bullies target someone who doesn’t fight back! The reason DD is so popular is that people are craving something with a moral backbone in a world with so little…

Jade

Posted at 3:11 AM on January 13, 2014

If you really think about it, religion is irrelevant to how good a person is. I’ve met nice Muslims and mean ones, as I have for Christians (of all denominations), Jews, Shintos, Hindus, atheists, and various other religions. Sure, religion can help a person become kinder, but saying that one religion is superior to all others and is the ultimate religion that makes everyone kind and that all others are not, is mean-spirited. I’m sure we can all find deeds that we deem ‘evil’ (as I guess evil is rather a subjective term) for all religions (and non-religion). I think Kelley is simply making a point that no religion is perfect.

The point isn’t that bullies target someone who doesn’t fight back. I believe that Phil Robertson can be as anti-gay as he wants. But if he wants to coexist in a world that clearly will never be in consensus about issues that are so integral to people’s lives (if it was, then we might just as well be machines), he needs to keep comments that may hurt others to himself.

After all, it was because people tried to force their judgement on others that the holocaust, Spanish Inquisition, and the Crusades occurred, wasn’t it? This isn’t just limited to religion but also extends to politics and even our daily lives. Maybe if everyone learned to keep hurtful comments to themselves and declare their opinions as ‘I believe such and such is true, but that is just my opinion and you are free to have your own as long as you don’t try to force your opinion on mine,’ then there may be significantly less conflicts in the world.

cetude

Posted at 3:44 PM on December 27, 2013

As so-called “shocking” as he is, the Duck Dynasty clan gets away with it. They are literally a cult status and worshiped as GODS. ALL merchandise is still in the stores and the show is more popular than ever. Except for one tiny thing: It stirs up more intolerance against people of different religions, color and sexual orientation. But that doesn’t matter, does it. They call it free speech. SO why can’t I text while I drive in the car? Texting is legally “published” and if you say “it can cause injury” – well, so can hate speeches using the Bible to fuel it.

mssoonermagic

Posted at 5:23 PM on December 27, 2013

Get it through your thick skull – it is NOT hates leech to disagree with someone. You disagree with me? I guess you are hate filled.

cetude

Posted at 3:41 PM on December 27, 2013

They look Islamic to me: Consider the long beard, mania for weapons, beanie caps, and using religion for HATE – it’s the SAME as Islam. Talking about whose calling the kettle black!

JackieB

Posted at 2:20 PM on December 28, 2013

Islam preaches hate and the killing of all infidels (those who don’t worship Allah). Christianity preaches love and forgiveness through Christ. Go to an Islamic country and yell, “Allah accepts and loves gay people!” I guarantee you won’t have your head for very long.