Phil Robertson: Family Reacts To ‘Duck Dynasty’ Star’s Hateful Remarks

Thu, December 19, 2013 2:00pm EDT by 116 Comments
Phil Robertson Duck Dynasty Homophobic
Courtesy Of A&E

J Renea

Posted at 1:38 PM on August 5, 2014

The Roberson family may seem ignorant to you, but they stand firm in biblical beliefs. People want to zone in on one area of the conversation and not the whole. Phil said that he worked with blacks, along side of them as friends, and they were happy. What was the alternative? To not work and starve? The Bible says If a man doesnt work neither shall he eat….I think they all were thankful to have a job. We forget that plantation owners were few and everyone else worked for them…blacks and poor whites. The ignorant man is the one who feels above a race of people, not one who works along side the races as brothers. So freedom of speech is ok as long as you dont offend someone?? I watch tv and I am offended everyday by the immorality of Hollywood. Men being with men and women with women….sex is everywhere…Well I AM OFFENDED!!!! So why doesnt my opinion count, because I dont scream loud enough? I know that I am not in control, God is! He will one day judge all of us, So I dont want to be on the side of Hollywood and las vegas who seem to be some of our modern day sodom and gomorrah’s. One day that Trumpet will sound and the lord Jesus Christ will come to take HIS people home. So when you stand before the Great ” I AM” at judgement day, will you call him ignorant and prejudice?? This is HIS word we are speaking from, not our own. Jesus loves everyone and hates sin…. Its OUR CHOICE to be for him or against him!
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his ONLY begotton son, that whosoever believeth on him, should no parish but have everlasting life..” John 3:16

Lisa Solomon

Posted at 3:30 AM on March 24, 2014

I love them and he is speaking what the bible says and if your not gone like his info well dont ask because I know for sure that a true person from Louisiana gone speak there mind im a black women and I love white people we all are one in Christ The bible says love your neighbor like you love yourself and I love them all and the thing about the gays that is true thats why in the bible God destroyed Sadum and Gamor for those homosexual acts thats not of God I dont fuss about the bible all im gone do is sit back and watch God and if you dont no him then you need you need to no him

aa

Posted at 4:03 PM on December 28, 2013

I just have to wonder if Phil makes his African American grandson( who you rarely see. why is that) drink out of a seperate hose in the backyard? I am sick of alleged Christians hiding behind the Bible to support bigotry, racism and ignorance. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but also have to suffer the consequences.

mssoonermagic

Posted at 7:13 PM on December 28, 2013

You don’t see any of his grandchildren much other than Willie’s two older one’s. He wasn’t bigoted or racist.

J Renea

Posted at 1:46 PM on August 5, 2014

Maybe little willie is shy and doesnt want to be on TV very often. I am sure if Willie was prejudice then he wouldn’t have adopted this precious young man. Yet he went the extra mile and gave him his own name Willie Alexander Robertson. That sounds like Pride to me….Not Prejudice!!

Steven

Posted at 10:45 PM on December 27, 2013

Typical of a secular progressive from Hollywood Life; pick a few words from several venues and piece them together to fit the usual narrative. I find it interesting that liberals preach insistently the virtues of freedom of expression, inclusiveness, and freedom of thought. Unless, someone has the courage of expressing speech based on firm convictions and scripture. Shame, shame, shame. This is an example of the Left, where thought contrary to their belief system should be contained and extinguished…if only Madison and Jefferson were alive to comment.

Spunk

Posted at 11:14 AM on December 26, 2013

Screw this post, you are taking Phil’s words and changing them to be bad. Screw faggots and carpet munchers!

michelle

Posted at 10:00 PM on December 23, 2013

I mean I agree and disagree a little bit because it’s his opinion and everybody and I mean everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And a another thing is didn’t willie and his wife adopt lil will who is mix raced? so how can phil be racist? I just find it ridiculous. and another thing is I think he should have not said it on television because people take it other ways.

crazyeyes

Posted at 10:47 PM on December 21, 2013

“It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.” a direct quote. In case you weren’t sure that is when you copy exactly what is said, not just take bits to use as you like. And there is an opinion and a fact there whether you like it or not. The opinion about women being better and the fact that the Bible lists sodomy as a sin. You may not like him or his views but at least he is honest.

Borecrawler

Posted at 7:41 PM on December 21, 2013

Is this a real website, or just someone’s idea of a pathetic joke? I grow more annoyed every day at the way the biased media throws the word “hate” at everything that disagrees with their worldview. I don’t agree with homosexuality, so naturally, I must hate gays. I am not a Mormon or a Jehovah’s Witness, therefore, I must hate all of them. I am not a Denver Broncos fan, so I must hate anyone who is! C’mon! Please stop throwing the word hate at anything you don’t like. Go Phil!

Love

Posted at 11:25 PM on February 4, 2014

Amen to that . That’s right AMEN!!!!!! If you don’t agree with everyone else, you must hate them right ? So sick and tired of all the crap in this world . Black comedians can make all kinds of jokes about white people and its NEVER looked down on or their NEVER called racist for it , after all its now their right , after all me and my children were the ones that mistreated them . What a horrible thing , but yet Phil says the people he worked with were happy , omg , they were happy . How dare he they say they were happy . So I guess they all had to be miserable at all times . And that your homophobic if you don’t understand why someone would prefer a same sex partner . It’s that way all over the world , this is not a new thing . Yes it is more accepted these days , but still not by everyone and that will NEVER change . So please STOP trying to shove it upon us that do prefer the opposite sex life style ( mainly the media ) . just because someone does not agree with a homosexual lifestyle , it does not make you homophobic. Gosh !!! Let it go . We are all different and that is what makes us special . Stop hating on everything , so hopefully it could stop forever ……

Kim

Posted at 1:58 AM on December 21, 2013

I think this article is biased bull. I am for gay rights. I consider myself open minded and do no feel the need to push my religion nor my beliefs on anyone. As a contributing member of society, I can have my own opinions, beliefs, and practices and that is perfectly fine and legal. I can voice my opinions, beliefs, and practices. It is all perfectly legal and accepted in this society. Except apparently when my view and/or opinion offends any one group. If Phil Robertson was raised and taught in a different time, which he was, and formed his own opinions over the span of his life time, why is that anyones concern or problem. People are so quick to point fingers at this man because he isn’t “accepting” or because he’s “ignorant”. Those people are ignorant, unaccepting hypocrites. They are none the more accepting to Phils views or opinions. And they are ignorant if they think they have any right to point a finger at anyone. Maybe if they were as accepting as they keep preaching Phil should be, they would see that his opinion is of none of their concern, nor do they have the right to be so hateful in their rebuttle. He gave his opinion, it was noted, and the world should move on. This whole A&E controversy is the most idiotic thing I have ever encountered also. Basically, Phil was “suspended” for answering truthfully to a series of questions he was asked by a magazine. I don’t see grounds for suspension. I am accepting of opinions whether or not I agree with them. But also the opinions of hypocrites has the value of dirt to me. PRO PHIL ALL THE WAY.

bekah

Posted at 10:10 PM on December 20, 2013

I am sorry but this article made me very mad. I am not mad at Phil. I am mad at the person that wrote this saying ” Phil showed an unbelievable amount of ignorance and stupidity” they are saying this about him judging people but they are judging him but they are worse because in their mind they don’t agree with him. Don’t judge. It’s his beliefs, he was raised that way. I am with Phil because that’s just his beliefs.

Richard Painter

Posted at 3:04 PM on December 21, 2013

Talk about ignorance, The person who wrote this, Cant even start to understand Phil, And certainly not Christian Doctrine. All white folks are not guilty of Racism and we worked side by side for yearsin the fields all over this country, Phils point is that folks where happy because they had CHRIST in there Life, and they where a family unit.

Borecrawler

Posted at 7:49 PM on December 21, 2013

Excellent point! It’s time we expose the silliness of those that constantly call Christians bigots and racists, simply because they disagree with their bible and the way they choose to live,