‘Duck Dynasty’ Star Phil Robertston Suspended After Anti-Gay Comments

Wed, December 18, 2013 10:00pm EST by 61 Comments
Phil Robertson Suspended
Courtesy of A&E

t

Posted at 7:11 AM on December 19, 2013

I am thinking A& E is missing the target audience right now. Freedom of Speech and Freedom of religon

Sally

Posted at 3:45 AM on December 19, 2013

This is SO DUMB. He has a right to his opinion!

a hogg

Posted at 7:08 AM on December 19, 2013

But unfortunately the liberal democratic fascists who run this country now are way too politically correct!

phil mccracken

Posted at 2:06 AM on December 19, 2013

i’ve been lectured by everyone to ‘be tolerant.’
can the gay community ‘be tolerant?’
let’s see.

Debra L

Posted at 2:02 AM on December 19, 2013

Another witch hunt!! It seems in America you are no longer allowed to voice an opinion anymore.Its Phil’s right to his beliefs.But if you voice your opinion now in this country they want to ruin your life.They tried to destroy Paula Deen as well.For something she said 30 years ago.When is this going to stop? We are no longer allowed freedom of speech One of our very basic rights.I wonder how our founding fathers would feel about how all the freedoms they fought to give us are being taken from us.? AMERICA is not to free these days.

me

Posted at 1:59 AM on December 19, 2013

I’m pretty sure A&E came to Phil to do a show about his family not him going to them to pitch the idea. my point being they knew who he was so is he supposed to change his beliefs to be PC?

leo

Posted at 1:57 AM on December 19, 2013

They shouldn’t have suspended him from the show. Although I don’t agree with A&E decision, not much can be done about it. They don’t have to agree with what he says but they don’t need to suspend him either. A&E has plenty of documentaries where their views don’t necessarily agree with what said documentaries depict but they still show them. They should bring him back, and if people don’t like it they should just change the channel. Simple

sherry

Posted at 1:02 AM on December 19, 2013

WOW! Your pretty much all missing it here. Who cares what Phil has to say. Freedom of speech and the first amendment…. Oh please. Do you all need to be reminded of where you live?? But when your being payed A LOT of money to be the face of a tv show you have to suck it up sometimes and keep your opinions to yourself. Its a game you have to play if you want to be in the public eye. Do we all remember Paula Deen?? LOL.. enough said.

me

Posted at 12:47 AM on December 19, 2013

Comments about how Phil is a homophobe must have been written by people that have not seen the show. First, Phil is replying to a direct question which he gives his opinion and states his faith.
Second, in his response Phil states that he tries to “love humanity” and “never treat anyone with disrespect” telling someone that you think they are wrong is not disrespectful nor do’s it mean that you don’t love them, anyone who has dealt with kids should know this. Finally Phil walks the walk when Willie gets Phil and Kay a pet photo the pet photographer appears very feminine Phil treats him with respect and not hate or fear.

lilac212

Posted at 12:42 AM on December 19, 2013

since when in America a man gets a suspension for speaking they opnion? Where is our 1st ammendment? Don’t think ti wont happened to you it will!!!

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:32 AM on December 19, 2013

why the panic?
the man is just talking the truth!!

Sofi

Posted at 12:28 AM on December 19, 2013

I do read my bible and have several Gay friends but i also believe that if you are a true Christian you know the bible and it states men having sex with one another is improper relations. I will stand for what I believe no matter what people say and read and know your bible and know that being any kind of gay woman or man or having orgies etc….. Is a sin and you are condemned to hell scripture will stay the same no matter how much we try and change it!

Lynne Chambers

Posted at 2:26 AM on December 19, 2013

Amen!! I couldn’t have said it any clearer.

breezy

Posted at 11:57 AM on December 19, 2013

This is so true. Christians doesn’t hurt gays, they love them just as God loves them. But God doesn’t condone or accept their sexual choices. It’s wrong. Why should we accept something we know is wrong. We see them as human beings and feel they should be treated as human beings with love and respect like any other human. But we can’t accept their lifestyle as normal. A man is for a woman and a woman for man. Physically that’s how it is. Men have penis and balls woman have womb and breast. The primary function God made woman and man is to procreate. That why they are physically made up like that. Satan comes to contradict as always what God design/create. God didn’t create hemale and shemale. Come on!!!

sherry

Posted at 12:27 AM on December 19, 2013

When you are being payed thousands of dollars to be a “face” of a tv show or company you kinda just have to keep your mouth shut about certain things. I don’t think what he said is right. I’m a “Christian” but its not might right to judge other people for their sexual preferences. I have gay friends. I go to church. I don’t judge lgbt people. If you think you can judge someone I’d think twice about that if I were you! Your not GOD. Leave it to him and move on with your life! And stop worrying about who someone loves!

Sharan

Posted at 5:30 AM on December 19, 2013

So I guess you don’t watch the show. Phil is a millionaire . He can tell a&e to kiss his butt and walk away from them and not look back

sherry

Posted at 12:17 PM on December 19, 2013

I do watch the show! Love it actually. Although it is highly scripted just like any other reality tv show, and its becoming faker by the episode (which has been annoying me). But if it wasn’t for A&E no one would care about these people. I didn’t know about them, and my guess is not a lot of people knew about them unless they duck hunted, or hunted for that matter. I hunt and I didn’t even know about them.. I like Phil on the show, and his beliefs don’t change my personal opinion of him. But if I went into work today and talked openly about gays not going to heaven I’d loose my job!!!!!!!!! OMG… I’d get fired for sure for discrimination in the work place because gay people work there. And if my beliefs were going to cost my company money that is grounds for firing me!!

Jill

Posted at 12:13 AM on December 19, 2013

I don’t know if half of the idiots in America that say that Phil should be punished for stating his opinion have read the constitution but if you have the first amendment states that you have a freedom of speech. If he wasn’t famous no one would have flipped out. Just because he believes what he believes doesn’t make him a bad person. A&E executives are stupid, that is the only show I watch on that channel and I can guarentee you that if Duck Dynastu doesn’t come on anymore their viewings will go in the drain.

Alma

Posted at 11:51 PM on December 18, 2013

One door closes another one will open. And better than A&E. We have you in our prayers Phil. Philippians 4:13.

Mick

Posted at 11:40 PM on December 18, 2013

The country I once knew allowed people to speak their minds no matter how unpopular that opinion might be. People once had a right to live how they want to live and believe how they want to believe in this country without being ruined for it. I see that is no longer the case.

vessel

Posted at 11:35 PM on December 18, 2013

Expressing your religious belief in an interview should not get you fired from your job.
If you are a Christian, you believe that the Bible is God’s Word. As John 1:1 says, in the beginning was the word and the word was God and the word was with God. Phil believes that and he quoted God’s Word. People say that times have changed, even pastors say that in justification of homosexuality. True, times have changed but the Bible says “that God is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow.” God doesn’t change. He is perfect and because of that His Word cannot be amended like the constitution if one doesn’t like what it says. Phil didn’t say, nor does the Bible say to hate, or judge anybody, he simply quoted what is in the Bible including loving one another. God is the ultimate judge. It is a shame that he was suspended for quoting God Word and his own beliefs. It violates his constitutional rights of free speech and freedom of religion. The gay community has fought so hard for their rights but encourages and applauds the stripping away of others rights if they have another opinion. As citizens of the world, I believe that we are all entitled to our worldly rights but God says who inherits the kingdom of God. God said homosexuality is a sin and no matter how many laws we change or how many spiritual leaders come out and say something different, no one can erase what God said. God is not homophobic; He is the creator. Phil has a right to his religious beliefs and he did not speak from hatred or judgement – only from the Bible.

Gary Douglas

Posted at 11:15 PM on December 18, 2013

Phil is entitled to his opinion but he needs to know that opinions based on fear, hatred and ignorance will not serve him well in life. As for the afternlife, I’m not too sure God is going to be happy with someone who badmouths the sexuality he created in about half of billion of his currently living humans.

Lynne Chambers

Posted at 11:38 PM on December 18, 2013

God will not be happy with those who don’t follow his word. His word is very clear, like it or not it
is God’s law not humans. Phil go it right on this one!

breezy

Posted at 12:09 PM on December 19, 2013

What sexuality you are talking about. There is two sexes. Male and female. The gays have introduce hemale and shemale. Sex is not a choice. The gays have made it a choice because they want to fulfil their own desire. It’s a sin like any other. People don’t have the right to their beliefs, religion and lifestyle? Yes we are! God have given us freedom of choice. We choose to serve God. Nobody is being judgemental. I belief in God and I choose to live by his laws and save myself. Who want to do otherwise that’s their choice. If somebody tells me that serving God is wrong I can’t and wouldn’t be offended. If they hurt me for believing in God then I’ll be offended.

Mark

Posted at 11:12 PM on December 18, 2013

FREEDOM OF SPEECH has nothing to with where you work you idiots. It only applies to the government. So yes if I own a company and I THINK what you are saying will make me lose money, I can FIRE you!!! You can boycott A&E it is your RIGHT.

Jo

Posted at 11:10 PM on December 18, 2013

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? A man speaks about his beliefs and gets suspended over it. A&E, that was one cowardly move. Shame on you. I hope the Robertson family rethinks their relationship with A&E.

anthony

Posted at 5:21 AM on December 19, 2013

Amen ,tell it like it is!!!!!!!

Chris Willis

Posted at 10:45 PM on December 18, 2013

I agree this is an outrage and am boycotting A&E . It does not matter if I agree with him or not he has a right to voice his beliefs. Freedom of speech is his right . If I do not like what is on a channel I can change it. That is the American way. I do not like my freedom of choice or beliefs to be directed by someone else worried about offending someone. The Bible’s translation has long been argued about and I respect each person’s right to their beliefs.

frank

Posted at 10:30 PM on December 18, 2013

Phil Robertson has every right to express his views concerning homosexuality. A & E was wrong to suspend him. If people are offended by his remarks they do not have to watch his show.

Chris Willis

Posted at 10:47 PM on December 18, 2013

Totally agree

Thomas Woodworth

Posted at 10:14 PM on December 18, 2013

This is an outrage. Until such time A & E places Phil back on the show I will boycott their channel. I will also now boycott any one that advertises on that show. Phil has a right to say exactly what he did and I for one agree with him. I am sick and tired of the Gays shoving their agenda down our throats. I hope Phil’s family will stand behind him and tell A & E to shove it. Then lets see how much money the gays make A & E compared to the amount of profit Duck Dynasty made for them. As far as I am concerned the gay community can shove it. Pardon the pun.

jj

Posted at 10:10 PM on December 18, 2013

Wheres are FREEDOM OF SPEECH? Another example of dictatorship in the UNITED STATES, a country built on freedom yea right!!!!!!!! Ruin another career because gays dont like what is said, if they are so comfortable with themselves and they are sure its ok with God why the big deal everytime someone says something? The bible states “no man shall lay with another man” very clear to me.

wealthypeople2

Posted at 10:08 PM on December 18, 2013

Are you still single? Maybe♥ RichFishes.ōrg ♥is suitable for you. This is serious rich women dating services and personals site dedicated to those seeking real love. Thousands of beautiful and rich women have been meeting on this site and created rich couples success stories of their own, not to mention the thousands of these women and men dating and finding love on this website too. Single people meeting another single is why we are here.
sdfsdfsfdf

vessel

Posted at 10:06 PM on December 18, 2013

What happened to freedom of speech and religion. How can he get suspended for exercising his constitutional right to do both. It’s in the Bible, that’s what he quoted. So, they’re suspending God now?

Mark

Posted at 11:08 PM on December 18, 2013

Alyssa c

Posted at 1:49 AM on December 19, 2013

@mark, it is clearly obvious you do not own any type of company since you are grossly ignorant of business laws in workplace.