‘The Voice': Tessanne Chin Has ‘No Regrets’ Heading Into Finale

Tue, December 17, 2013 10:36am EDT by 14 Comments
Tessanne Chin The Voice
Courtesy of NBC

Dkt

Posted at 8:53 AM on December 19, 2013

My view of the Voice has changed and I am no longer interested in this format that allows seasoned professionals like Tessane Chin to compete. She had the best voice but had years of experience compared to her runnerup who was an inexperienced 16 year old. I have only watched the show for two years but it is my last. I was disappointed at the format. People take their winning choice like a political vote and don’t see the whole picture. Tessane coupld probably coach Adam. The format is a joke and I am going back to watching idol and X Factor where amateurs compete. I Voice is a slick and high energy produced show that distracts from the subtly of issues and syrupy sweet comments of the judges which after a while gets old and I look for the honesty of someone like Simon Crowell. I am blocking the Voice from now on, it doesn’t change my life one way or the other except my desire to be entertained and I can watch Monday Night Football or 2 Broke Girls. Get amateurs and I will watch the Voice again.

Alla P. Gregory

Posted at 5:28 PM on December 17, 2013

From Day 1 Tessanne was spotted as a winner by hollywoodlife writer. For me I have been a fan of Tessane Chin and her sister Tammi Chynn for quite a while back. Wether they were singing contempary regggae, R & B or Reggae Fusion. I can remember her outstandin performance @airjamaica jazz & blues Festival in Kgn Jamaica in ’07. She has blossomed into an accomplished act and entering (oops!) winning the Voice will only broaden her horizons! You go Chinita Goodaz. #TeamTessane

Marsha M Grossett

Posted at 3:49 PM on December 17, 2013

there’s no question about it hat Tess is the voice of 2013 so let me be one of the 1st to congratulate you on your well deserved victory and for making us (jamaica) internationally known that “wi likkle but wi talawah” MEMBA THAT!!

deserene stewart

Posted at 3:23 PM on December 17, 2013

Tessy u r un-stopable, tonight is ur night. Big up from every baddy a yaad

Breeze

Posted at 1:26 PM on December 17, 2013

Yes Miss Chin, yu done win girl…Bless…yu big up Jamaica to di max…

Frank Tucker

Posted at 1:05 PM on December 17, 2013

I thought the voice was to find new singing talent. Tessanne is already a professional
singer. How can she compete atainst amateurs? I don’t think its’ quite fair!! why noit
have them compete against the judges???

Ralston Haley

Posted at 1:31 PM on December 17, 2013

Get over it. The guy who won the first season was also a professional singer.

Iam Sapphire

Posted at 1:54 PM on December 17, 2013

You actully have it wrong…the aim is to find The Voice…as in best voice out there, not best NEW voice …the show therefore is not for amateurs. People like Nic Hawke really shouldn’t have been on it but he too has been singing and performing for years prior. American Idol i think is for amateurs and a couple other shows. Note, amateurs not for the quality of their voice but for their experience. It is for people who haven’t broken into the market yet like Tessanne. Any other underground/indie unknown talent could have entered

Max Halfmillion

Posted at 2:00 PM on December 17, 2013

Most of the contestants were professionals. Why would you want to change the rules once the game has started? Is it because she is not American?

Adita

Posted at 2:54 PM on December 17, 2013

Did you know of Tessanne before “The Voice”? The reason she went on the Voice is to break out internationally. She is new talent to this world. Maybe not to the Caribbean, but definitely a gem that deserves to be shared with the world.

And if “the Voice” is about amateurs, does that mean only bathroom singers should qualify and not people who have been honing their talent for years? Don’t be sour, the woman killed the show.

Reganlish

Posted at 3:49 PM on December 17, 2013

I’m so sick of hearing the whining about this “she’s a pro she shouldn’t be on the show” B.S. She is not breaking any rules, If you don’t like the format, then don’t watch it.

Jane

Posted at 4:17 PM on December 18, 2013

Then if she just sat down and not use her talent that god gave her what else should she do, the voice is basically for professional singers

zyggie

Posted at 10:55 AM on December 17, 2013

She has the marketable look and sound.

jamala

Posted at 3:51 PM on December 17, 2013

Tessanne as an amazing talent that no one can take in the fact to account the amazing person she is. she is equally lined with her voice and personality, go team Adam for making Tessanne your number one winner in your heart . “nuff love”