‘Once Upon A Time’: Why The Wicked Witch Is The Perfect New Villain

Mon, December 16, 2013 11:34am EDT by 18 Comments
Once Upon A Time 3B
Courtesy of ABC

simon

Posted at 8:44 AM on January 3, 2014

why the hell has every character in a show to be sexy and beautifull? im soo sick of this beauty madness on television. taking a hot ginger like rebecca as the wicked witch doesnt work for me at all. its just silly when even witches look like they come directly from the catwalk. sure americans expect also from witches that they do botox, plastic surgery, teeth correction and bleeching.
soooooo superficial and dumb.

Emily

Posted at 12:50 PM on January 2, 2014

Remember a few things about the original curse: Neal, Pinocchio, Emma, Henry, and Hook were not effected. Neal will kiss Emma to break curse. Heis her true love. Regina gave her good memories that start with Henry’s life. The wicked witch Regina’s aunts??? Or, Rumps momma!

gabe vidrio

Posted at 2:41 AM on December 21, 2013

PS; I did make a few mistakes on a few missing words in a couple of sentences, my apologies. Thank U 2 anybody reading this and my other comments below. For Now This Gabe Vidrio Sayin Farewell Oncers: Long Live OUAT*

Yamil

Posted at 10:13 PM on December 19, 2013

In my opinion, I loved the promo for the second half of Once’s third season and the idea of Wicked as the new villain. Because the evil queen isn’t evil anymore, and because of Henry they are all family now…I hope she stays good and helps everyone in this new battle that is yet to come. I love Regina being good. And btw, please! do something about Emma’s magic! I want to se her using it like really want to…

gabe vidrio

Posted at 10:30 PM on December 18, 2013

PS: if i made a few spelling mishaps i can be a little fast while typing. Furthermore from what i could tell, the actress playing “WWW” seemed to look a little more like Kristin Bauer, the actress who plays Maleficent in the show. Coincidence…Maybe there might be a twist after all, but please leave that to Eddy and Adam 4 that. Last but not least, besides the fact of the many female actors in the world who portrayed WWW there were also a few male actors throughout the decades who took on the role too. So 4 now, so long My Pretties, and Long Live OUAT*

gabe vidrio

Posted at 10:10 PM on December 18, 2013

I would also like to add that if the writers (Adam & Eddy) know about Every character from Every Single story in fictional literature or beyond then they must have the knowledge about how every character’s original appearance: for instance, they made Hook wear a black-leather coat than the original red coat and feather-brim hat with long shoulder-permed hair. So if they have already casted the actress to play WWW (whether or not it could be the witch in the promo) i hope she does an amazing job showing the character all of her true colors, much as Regina, Rumple, and Hook have and payiing homage to the many actresses who portrayed her throughout the decades especially inspired from th performances of Margaret Hamilton and Idina Menzel (whom i wished they would have casted her to reprise the role in another production like OUAT. And i hope they don’t leave out L. Frank Baum’s original elements like the fact that there are really 4 2/2 witches in each of the 4 areas in Oz. The 2/2 adds in Mombi and Blinkie from the other Oz books. All in all I have hope that the 2nd half of S3 will be just as Amazing & Mesmerising as the writers who created this Epic that i hope will live on Forever* My love goes out from oncer2oncer and hope that we can find our Own Happy Endings Or Happy Beginnings* i LOVE OUAT 4EVER* Sincerely GV*

gabe vidrio

Posted at 2:29 AM on December 18, 2013

Dear Oncers Everywhere; Please dont let the green skinned witch in the promo fool you, that she could “Possibly” be “the” WWW of Oz that we love. I know the Real WWW and that cannot b her, she looks more glamorous than gritty, seductive, scary-wicked. Plus in the original WizofOz story, she had only one eye with an eyepatch to cover her missing righteye. Her single lefty has the power to see far in the distance like a telescope can (other than a crystal ball, like we’ve seen n various versions) and can also have the ability to see quick glimpses of the future unexpectedly: that explains why she was able to have an “unlimited” life. Here are other storybook witches who have not been presented on the show yet. Ladies like Baba Yaga, Mrs Ginger (real gingerbread house “blind” witch), Old Lady in the Basket, Circe, Mombi, Blinkie, Locosta, etc. my opinion: this witch is either someone in disguise or a grimm bros witch who never had a chance in the spotlight. Her name is Frau Trude! She was the OG wickedest witch of the Enchanted Forest aka Fairy Tale World* Wickeder than WWW, WWE, Mombi, Blinkie, Maleficent, LadyTremaine, Cora, and yes Regina Combined. Thank You Oncers 4 ur Support. OUAT is #1 All The Way*

al

Posted at 12:39 PM on December 17, 2013

I would have much rather seen Maleficent as the next big evil thing they deal with. In my opinion, the show didn’t utilize that character to it’s full potential. The cartoon Maleficent was wicked and cunning, I would have much preferred to see her character explored in Once far more than the Wizard of Oz witch.

Joel Kehl

Posted at 4:50 AM on December 17, 2013

I’m excited that she’s the new villain. Peter Pan was just so boring..Hopefully he stays dead. I do hope though that they stay in the Enchanted Forest since that’s where they belong and it would cool to see how they’re actually supposed to live day-by-day. This witch better be evil as all hell. I love Regina but we need some body who is evil and stays evil.

Marcus

Posted at 12:57 AM on December 17, 2013

I agree. Don’t do Elphaba. She would just be a repeat of Regina. If they, for some reason, have to do an already established rendition of the character, I would much rather see the other Disney version of the character (since Disney owns ABC) Theodora (from Oz: The Great and Powerful). You know? A character who starts out pure, succumbs to wickedness, and doesn’t come back.

CJB

Posted at 10:30 PM on December 16, 2013

I have one issue with the trailer for next March… At the end the narrator says “and one of the world most sinister character comes invades Storybrooke.” Ok… Um… Didn’t the green smoke curse destroy Storybrooke which is precisely why Regina took everyone back to the Enchanted Forest, which is why Emma and Henry are in NYC ???? Aren’t they supposed to say that one of the world’s most sinister characters invades the Enchanted Forest ???

Jamie

Posted at 12:54 AM on December 17, 2013

Maybe Storybrooke returns because also in the preview Belle is in regular clothes saying “Who cursed us”….so maybe The Wicked Witch does something terrible and does the curse again? Who knows lol, so many questions and WTF faces from me when I saw this promo lol

Marcus

Posted at 1:00 AM on December 17, 2013

I don’t know, but I do have my theories. I predict that rather than destroying the town, Storybrooke (and everything about it) was brought to the Enchanted Forest, in all of its modern-day glory.

Joel Kehl

Posted at 4:46 AM on December 17, 2013

I hope not. I was sick of Storybrooke. That’s not where they belong. I’d much rather see all of then in the Enchanted Forest.

Chris

Posted at 3:38 AM on March 4, 2014

Episode commercials don’t always show footage that will be in the episode itself. This was a promo, it is an attention getter. I think a lot more people know the word “Storybrooke” than “Enchanted Forest”. That’s why they used it in the promo. I don’t think Storybrooke will come back. I want to see all the characters back in the EF with magic and everything they left behind.

shon

Posted at 10:16 PM on December 16, 2013

I’m so excited and ready for more of this show! That new witch better be good, cause there’s no evil like Regina!

mtlite

Posted at 9:41 PM on December 16, 2013

Peter Pan though, sad to see him go.

Leah

Posted at 6:51 PM on December 16, 2013

Wicked is terrible imo. We don’t need another Regina, which is what Elphaba is, we need the real BAD TO THE BONE WICKED WITCH.