Khloe finally filed divorce papers against her troubled husband, Lamar, on Dec. 13, bringing an end to their four-year marriage. Now HollywoodLife.com has the revealing divorce documents right here!
Khloe Kardashian may have taken the first step toward ending her rocky marriage with Lamar Odom, but the legalities of a divorce are much more complex than that. In the just-released court documents, Khloe takes steps to go back to her maiden name, keep her jewelry, and make sure that Lamar doesn’t get any spousal support. See what she has to say.
Khloe Kardashian Divorce Documents — See The Papers Filed In Lamar Odom Split
HollywoodLife.com has carefully read through Khloe’s court docs and rounded up the most interesting points.
1. The date of Khloe and Lamar’s separation is listed as TBD. It’s unclear why the date can’t be determined at this time, but it could have something to do with the fact that Lamar and Khloe didn’t exactly have a clean breakup. They reportedly briefly reunited after she kicked him out of their home in September, following his DUI arrest on Aug. 30.
2. Khloe has requested a divorce based on irreconcilable differences. She has also requested that the judge restore her maiden name, Kardashian.
3. Khloe has requested that certain assets be considered separate property, not marital property. That includes her jewelry, any of her earnings made before, during or after the date of separation, and any additional separate property assets as mandated by the couple’s prenup. We’re sure Lamar has given Khloe some beautiful bling over the years, and she’s not about to let it go!
4. Khloe has also made a request to terminate the court’s ability to award spousal support to Lamar. HollywoodLife.com reported EXCLUSIVELY that Lamar hasn’t always been smart when it comes to his finances, so it’s no surprise that Khloe isn’t prepared to give him a penny more than he deserves.
Khloe Kardashian Files For Divorce From Lamar Odom
About three months after their fourth wedding anniversary on Sept. 27, Khloe began the proper legal proceedings by officially filing for divorce from Lamar in Los Angeles on Dec. 13.
Though two huge fortunes are at stake, the divorce reportedly will be cut and dry. A source says that Khloe and Lamar signed an iron-clad prenup before their 2009 wedding that kept their assets totally separate, and without any kids, mediation may be kept to a minimum. Khloe is not asking for spousal support and wants the judge to reject any bid by Lamar to do the same, TMZ reported.
HollywoodLife.com reached out to a rep for Khloe, who had no comment on the divorce.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you surprised by Khloe’s requests in the divorce documents? Let us know.
– Tierney McAfee
More Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Divorce News:
- Khloe Kardashian Divorcing Lamar Odom? — Divorce Papers To Be Filed
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Divorce — She Realized Their Marriage Was A Lie
- Khloe Kardashian Filing For Divorce Now Because She Wants To Be A Mom