Beyonce Releases Surprise New Album ‘Beyonce’ — Listen

Fri, December 13, 2013 6:38am EDT by 23 Comments

This is why we call her Queen Bey! Beyonce completely surprised fans by releasing her fifth studio album — and videos for each song — on iTunes during the wee hours of the morning on Dec. 13. Click to listen and watch!

Beyonce‘s self-titled and “visual” new album may be the best-kept surprise ever, since the 14-song and 17-video album features hubby Jay Z, daughter Blue Ivy Carter and artists Drake, Frank Ocean and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Little Blue makes an appearance in her song, “Blue” — and Bey even takes on a seductive 1920’s look in “Haunted!”

Beyonce Releases Surprise New Album ‘Beyonce’

Beyonce released a statement to go along with the groundbreaking album’s release, where she explains why she dropped the album the way she did and what the gorgeous accompanying music videos mean to her.

“I see music. It’s more than just what I hear. When I’m connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion, a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they’re all connected to the music.

I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There’s so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it’s ready and from me to my fans. I just want to give my album to the people I love and respect and hope that they feel the same thing I felt when I made the music.”

Celebs & Fans React To ‘Beyonce’

You can check out the track list for Beyonce below:

1. Pretty Hurts
2. Haunted
3. Drunk in Love (Featuring Jay Z)
4. Blow/Cherry
5. Angel
6. Yoncé/Partition
7. Jealous
8. Rocket
9. Mine (Featuring Drake)
10. XO
11. Flawless (Featuring Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie)
12. Superpower (Featuring Frank Ocean)
13. Heaven
14. Blue (Featuring Blue Ivy)

Do YOU love Beyonce, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

WATCH: ‘Drunk In Love’ — ‘Beyonce’

WATCH: ‘Blue’ — ‘Beyonce’

WATCH: ‘Haunted’ — ‘Beyonce’

– Ivy Jacobson

More Beyonce News:

1. Beyonce & Daughter Blue Ivy Support Texas Longhorns In Playful Pic
  2. Beyonce & Jay Z: The Truth About Their Marriage Separation Report
  3. Beyonce Considering A Trial Separation From Jay Z — Report

Andie

Posted at 11:30 AM on January 18, 2014

I love Beyonce!!! She is just boss! Fr

murthyal346

Posted at 10:30 AM on December 15, 2013

Black Men Dating White Women,White men Seeking Black Women on
—————- BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen.o/r/g————. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. The site has established 12+ years. Millions of singles have joined it.xcbxcbxcv

evelyncardosoferreir (@evelyncardosofe)

Posted at 11:51 PM on December 14, 2013

R­e­a­d m­o­r­e o­n t­h­i­s s­i­t­e———> J­o­­­­B­­­­S­5­­­­3.C­­­O­­­­M

Kudos to Her for Creativity and Surprises

Posted at 10:52 PM on December 14, 2013

I’m not a fan of Beyonce, but I love how she released her last album. That was cool. I have more respect for her for doing that.

I Love Music

Posted at 11:19 PM on December 14, 2013

I respect her for doing that too. That was bold. I love how she challenged the status quo and usual way to release an album.

kiera

Posted at 10:57 PM on December 18, 2013

exactly and plus it makes people wonder what its abut therefor boosting the sells

MelissaJTran (@MelissaJTran)

Posted at 4:08 PM on December 14, 2013

m­y c­l­a­s­s­m­a­t­e­’­s s­t­e­p­­s­i­s­t­e­r m­a­k­e­s $­8­4­/­h h­o­u­r­l­y o­n t­h­e i­n­t­e­r­n­e­t. S­h­e h­a­s b­e­e­n o­u­t o­f a j­o­b f­o­r 6 m­o­n­t­h­s b­u­t l­a­s­t m­o­n­t­h h­e­r p­a­y w­a­s $­2­0­7­9­1 j­u­s­t w­o­r­k­i­n­g o­n t­h­e i­n­t­e­r­n­e­t f­o­r a f­e­w h­o­u­r­s. R­e­a­d m­o­r­e o­n t­h­i­s s­i­t­e…
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
F­B­4­9­.­C­O­M
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
GO TO THE SITE AND HOME FOR DETAILS

Melinda G. Clark (@MelindaGClark)

Posted at 3:07 PM on December 14, 2013

Shawn explained I am impressed that any body able to make $5011 in a few weeks on the computer. Get More Information>>> F­B­3­9­.­C­O­M

Wendy

Posted at 6:18 AM on December 14, 2013

Used to like her, until she got a little lewd for my taste.

shirleyepaul (@shirleyepaul1)

Posted at 3:38 PM on December 13, 2013

my co-worker’s sister makes $62 hourly on the computer. She has been out of work for six months but last month her paycheck was $17891 just working on the computer for a few hours. more info here=======>jobs25.ℭOM

Dianne B. Jackson (@DianneBJackson)

Posted at 3:10 PM on December 13, 2013

Crystal implied I’m alarmed that a stay at home mom can profit $5309 in four weeks on the computer. navigate to this website>>> F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

likereally

Posted at 11:04 AM on December 13, 2013

this is just a victory for haters of the Music Industry.

Like Roc-Jay first bought public opinion for Rihanna now they buy it for Beyonce. Look, for more than 6 hours twitter trends have at least one item about components of this Album. Also look at the timing. And the diversity. And the quantity of those videos.

Why the talk against perfection disease and competition and quantity when she actually is not cool with just being in top 100 and a mother? She wants to be perfect and THE queen. She preaches coolness but is in a competition. Legimitation enough to copy diversity which is the trademark of Rihanna. And cutting her publicity resources off and bombing with publicity for her own bombing work.

Everybody was asking why we miss publicity for what now, right now, pour it up etc. Now you know why. The pipleine is channeled to another place. If Rihanna was informed and agreed I am cool with it.

I like the Music of “drunk in love”. But the way she looks to the camera “jealous” would fit better.

Samantha

Posted at 11:21 AM on December 13, 2013

Boooo Hooooo are you crying @ LikeReallyDoesn’tMatter, All Hail to the REAL Queen… QUEEN BEY!!!!!!! LOL

likereally

Posted at 12:50 PM on December 13, 2013

whatever you need to think. ;-)

Tina Marie

Posted at 10:39 AM on December 13, 2013

I thought it sounded great, especially the song with Drake called Mine.

sandra duncan

Posted at 9:59 AM on December 13, 2013

Listen, (NO SHADE) I LOVE me some Bey but this sh*t sounds like crap………………I know I might get dragged but I am just speaking the TRUTH……….The Videos are nice Bey knows how to shake that a$$ but that’s about it….The problem is Bey is way too comfortable so her music right now has NO emotions………I actually heard the song with her and Drake this morning on the radio and the best part was Drake’s verse………..smh………………..Another thing you fans need to STOP comparing these Artists(Ci, Keri, Keisha, Rih etc…………) They all make music that I like but this right here does nothing for me where is Standing on the Sun(re-mix)?? That’s a banger…………Maybe it has to grow on me but right now it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me, still LOVE my clique though………..BTW JAY is the best rapper in HISTORY!!!! Nice try BEY better luck next time………..Beyhive Big Up Yaself!!!

Theresa

Posted at 11:26 AM on December 13, 2013

@Sandra Duncan you mad your Fave Rihanna isn’t as talented as Beyonce… Get over it Rihanna can’t sing in live stadiums nor Dance, she don’t have talent like Bey and never will… So go and find your fave and talk with her about it. Oh wait she don’t know you exists.LMBO

Jess

Posted at 6:51 PM on December 13, 2013

Where’s standing on the sun….you do realize that there’s going to be a part 2 of this album rite???? All of her uptempo songs are going to be on the second disc. Im quite sure standing on the sun is one of them. And Rihanna is not nearly as good of an entertainer as Beyoncé. So no, we shouldn’t compare them.

bernard and india walker

Posted at 9:50 AM on December 13, 2013

Heard 4 tracks i heart radio this morning. Beyonce’ you and Jayz worked the music mine field to perfection . Realease album * * * ” NOW “

KcO0L's CHOCOLATEBOX (@ChocolateBox777)

Posted at 8:00 AM on December 13, 2013

SHE SLAYED HER COMPETITION!!! JUST LIKE THAT…”KING BEY IS BACK!!!!!

Tammy

Posted at 7:45 AM on December 13, 2013

Yes she’s back, real singing and dancing …. The Real Queen never let her BeyHives down!!! My fave is better than yours!!

Queen

Posted at 7:37 AM on December 13, 2013

THE QUEEN DOES IT AGAIN! 2013 truly is her year! And it keeps getting better! <3 BEYONCEEEEEEEE!!!

Lily

Posted at 7:11 AM on December 13, 2013

Cool but Beyoncé should have released it when everyone was releasing theirs. No competition she just want everybody to released theirs before she drop hers.