‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Finale Death Ruined All Hope Of A Happy Ending

Wed, December 11, 2013 10:39am EDT by 31 Comments 32,225 Article Views
Courtesy Of FX

Richard Marks

Posted at 6:21 PM on August 13, 2014

The only thing that makes Me happy about SOA now is going back to the Gemma rape episode and – this time – cheering for the rapists!

r1ckyr4y

Posted at 12:52 AM on June 24, 2014

I’m glad she was killed, I wish they would have chopped her up in season 1 to be honest. Annoying character. Stupid show too but it eased my boredom for a time.

Elle

Posted at 11:04 PM on July 20, 2014

I totally agree that she should have been gone, she was boring, annoying and too needy.

kat shelton

Posted at 6:29 PM on April 14, 2014

good grief…some people on here–you act as if this was REAL life? its a drama, if you find it disturbing or don’t like it –TURN THE DAMN CHANNEL!!!! for NORMAL people, its just release from real life…its NOT REAL!!!

Whatever

Posted at 11:15 AM on April 13, 2014

In season 7, I want Gemma to suffer in every possible way. Make Gemma suffer!

lisa schill

Posted at 6:23 PM on February 9, 2014

I hate that they killed Tara off. She should have not been killed off. I still will watch cause I love the show and want to see who pays for killing Tara. I’m torn because Gemma thought Tara had ratted on her son. It’s gonna be interesting.

T0oLb0x

Posted at 4:57 AM on January 26, 2014

I do not find it a pity that Tara was killed at all. She was obnoxious from day one. In fact, I cheered when she was finally killed. I wanted them to kill her off years ago.

Elle

Posted at 11:05 PM on July 20, 2014

Ditto!

quannie djohnson

Posted at 4:58 PM on January 3, 2014

hi there Charlie hunnam my name is iaquanna I am a really big fan of the show you are an amazing guy you are hot and very sweet person I think u are anyways I love ur character jax teller I love u jax a.k.a Charlie hunnam.

Ruck

Posted at 5:45 PM on July 7, 2014

You do know he can’t hear you right?

Michael Henry

Posted at 12:53 PM on December 13, 2013

Tara’s unfortunate death was a direct result of Chief. Unser’s BIG MOUTH…

um ok

Posted at 2:11 AM on March 27, 2014

No, Tara’s death was a DIRECT result of Gemma’s stabbing her in the head with a barbecue fork. Chief Unser’s big mouth was indirectly responsible for Tara’s death. Why is everyone trying to protect Gemma? She is the most destructive and poisonous character on the show. Most of the tragedies that have befallen Jax are directly and indirectly caused by the shows model matriarch. Tara was trying to protect those kids from a life of violence, drugs and crime. If any of you are at all happy about her death, you likely embrace that kind of lifestyle, which is kind of sad.

kat shelton

Posted at 6:25 PM on April 14, 2014

seriously??? you DO realize–its FICTION–not REAL???? gooooood grief

Elle

Posted at 11:13 PM on July 20, 2014

Seriously if that was the case then she should have left the lifestyle way before she got in too deep. She did her dirt as well! She was not just some innocent bystander.

Michael Marr

Posted at 8:10 PM on December 12, 2013

There’s so much unpunished mayhem and murder. Maybe the series finale will be Bob Newhart waking up and telling Suzanne Pleshette that he had a nightmare with more dead bodies than Oz. Then Vic from The Shield will come in and gun Bob down.

scofield

Posted at 3:29 PM on December 12, 2013

I wanted Tara to kill Gemma especially an episode or two ago when she had a gun in her purse and gemma threatened her. now having said that i think the way it played out is right. when you are a doctor and you lower yourself by getting involved with scum like Jax and the rest of the losers in his world this is what usually happens.Tara made poor choices and it caught up with her.

Cinnamonbite Zazzle

Posted at 4:38 PM on December 11, 2013

At this point, I really have to ask myself, why am I watching this show? Because if it’s all one big tragedy, season after season, what am I? A masochist?

hj23

Posted at 7:00 PM on August 27, 2014

It’s based on Hamlet and at the end of a Shakespearean tragedy, everybody is dead. Even Jax but who will kill him? That being said Tara was the saddest character on tv. She finally smiled for the first time then Gemma kills her! I love and hate Gemma and this show….it’s ridiculous and awesome simultaneously and I can’t stop watching and cry every time. Even when old Clay was finally offed.

clarajeaves (@clarajeaves)

Posted at 4:09 PM on December 11, 2013

my best friend’s half-sister makes $89 an hour on the internet. She has been fired from work for six months but last month her income was $21792 just working on the internet for a few hours. look at this website==========> J­O­B­­­S­2­­­­5.C­­­O­­­­­­M

Ruck

Posted at 5:47 PM on July 7, 2014

and your mom makes $10 an hour on the street corner. Maybe she should switch jobs.

Elle

Posted at 11:16 PM on July 20, 2014

Funny!

Anne

Posted at 4:01 PM on December 11, 2013

What a story, what a show. I did not see it coming last night. I was shocked and sad, but I get it.

Juli

Posted at 2:27 PM on December 11, 2013

Great article! Last night was hard for me I feel like I lost a friend and still am thinking of what could have been done differently. :(

Laura J. Ferguson (@LauraJFerguson1)

Posted at 2:55 PM on December 11, 2013

Bradley implied I’m dazzled that someone able to make $4669 in 4 weeks on the computer. pop over to this website,… F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

Nicole

Posted at 3:56 PM on December 11, 2013

I went through several stages of denial during that death. When she was just drowning I thought “Oh she can make it through that.”. Then she was stabbed and I still thought “Oh one stab wound. She can survive that.” Then the second… “Well… maybe survive with brain damage.” Then the third and fourth happened and I knew she was gone but still tried to think of a chance where she might live. And even as Jax held her, I thought “Maybe the next season will start and she’ll actually have survived that.”

It was just a really tough death. 12 hours later and I’m still hoping that was some really bad dream, but articles like this are making me think otherwise.

JoyB

Posted at 2:24 PM on December 11, 2013

I ‘m not sure what you expected. How in the world could there be a happy ending from this show. One of the things I have always loved about SOA is the fact that Kurt Sutter pulled no punches. I love all the complicated marvelous character, but from day one I never expected any of them to have a HEA that’s not what the show is about. I have watched for six seasons, and for me the show has only gotten better. I am looking forward to another wild ride next season. I’m only sorry it will be the last, and I’m sure everyone will probably meet a brute end.

Elle

Posted at 11:19 PM on July 20, 2014

I’m sad to see it go as well. I love shows that aren’t afraid to show the ugly truth that’s goes on in the world.

Tim

Posted at 1:38 PM on December 11, 2013

Best article I’ve read yet. Nailed my exact thoughts on the head. So tragic and sad and, frankly, disappointing. Show has no hope for happy endings of any remote kind and no hope for success or moral victory for any character whatsoever. Kind of stupid way to build up these wonderfully rich characters and completely ruin/change them for worse or kill them off. Opie, Tara and old Juice deserved so much better.

Tim

hj23

Posted at 7:20 PM on August 27, 2014

It’s so Shakespeare it’s genius actually. The tragic irony and we all know, Jax and Gemma have to die. I think the only question now is how. Sutter has veered off of Hamlet but the core plot is still there.

LissaCaldina