Nina looked stunning in a blue lace gown at the 2013 TrevorLIVE event on Dec. 8 in Hollywood, with her hair pulled up and back off her pretty face. We spoke to her hairstylist, who broke down the exact look for you, HollywoodLifers!
Suave Professionals Celebrity Stylist Marcus Francis created the beautiful look on Nina Dobrev, 24, for the event. It perfectly complimented her Elie Saab dress. Here’s how to re-create it for yourself.
Nina Dobrev’s Hair At Trevor LIVE — Get Her Exact Look
Here’s the exact how-to straight from Marcus:
“To give her a sense of ease and glamour, we created a textured braided updo to keep her look soft and carefree.”
“1. Apply a generous amount of Suave Professionals Volumizing Mousse to damp hair and rough dry with hands and a blowdryer.
2. Make a messy side part and divide hair into two sections — down the center in the back. Lightly tease the crown with a tail comb for a little height.
3. Spray each side with Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo to revive hair and add volume and texture. Begin French braiding the first section against the head, continuing to the ends like you would a side ponytail, and secure with an elastic. Repeat with the other side.
4. Loosen each braid by pulling each side, allowing for pieces to come out, giving that soft, effortless look. Take one of the braids and pin it across the back to create a large bun using hair pins. Do the same with the other braid, going back and forth along the back to blend in with the first braid.
5. Finally, pull out a few face framing layers and spray entire look with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray to set.”
Do you love Nina’s hairstyle, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee
More Nina Dobrev Beauty News:
- Nina Dobrev — Get Her Amazing Hair From ‘Cosmo’ Shoot
- Nina Dobrev’s Soft & Shiny Hair — Get Her Exact Look
- Nina Dobrev’s Great Hair Makeover: Gets New Bangs