Demi Lovato: How Selena Gomez Helped Save Her From Addiction

Tue, December 10, 2013 12:47pm EDT by 18 Comments

It’s no secret that Selena is loyal to her best friends — even when they’re going through truly dark times. She proved that by going to a rehab center to hear Demi speak to a recovery group about her past addictions, TMZ reports.

Selena Gomez, 21, witnessed best friend Demi Lovato, 21, going through the toughest time of her life in 2010, when she spent three months in rehab for emotional and physical issues at the young age of 18. Selena was there for her friend then, and continues to be, after recently going to listen to Demi speak at a sober living home. Demi reportedly also told the group why Selena is such a good friend.

Demi Lovato: How Selena Gomez Helped Save Her From Addiction

Demi, who lived in a sober living home for over a year, spoke to a recovery group at a rehab center with Selena by her side for moral support. She told a personal survival story, involving her battles with drugs, alcohol, anorexia, bulimia and cutting herself, according to TMZ.

She also said that it was her mission to surround herself with positive influences, which is why she has Selena as a friend and lived in the sober living home.

Demi has publicly stated before that Selena helped her through her addiction struggles in rehab. “Selena called me crying when I was in there and was just so worried,” Demi told Televisonet.tv. “I was like, ‘Look, I should be the one crying, it’s all good!’”

Selena Gomez: I’m Proud Of Demi Lovato

Selena expressed why she always supports her friend of 14 years in i-D‘s August 2013 issue. “I’m very proud of Demi and her being able to accept the challenges she went through,” she said.

Selena also said she admires Demi’s dedication to her fans. Selena calls Demi a “role model” after entering rehab and setting an example for those struggling with addiction.

If you were Selena, would YOU go to a rehab center with Demi to support her, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

– Ivy Jacobson

More Selena Gomez & Demi Lovato News:

1. Selena Gomez & Demi Lovato: BFFs Reunite In Cute Pic
  2. Demi Lovato: Selena Gomez & Nick Jonas Helped Me In Rehab
  3. Demi Lovato Tweets Surprising Response To Joe Jonas’ Drug Diss

Lovatic

Posted at 9:07 PM on December 17, 2013

I ove demi and always will i am a true Lovatic and you all need to stop hating on people because nobody’s perfect id love to see all you haters be perfect for 1 day in your life

ugly dwarf Bieber

Posted at 5:46 PM on December 10, 2013

Demi Lovato is the perfect example of one hit wonder. She’ll always be remembered as the girl who hit her backup dancer.

shelby

Posted at 9:03 PM on December 17, 2013

demi has made mistakes but she has fixed them and she isnt a 1 hit wonder she is still making hits now ya she hit a dancer but she is bipolar and can’t control her emotions with out meds which shes taking now to control her disorder so you all should stop hating on her for her past and look at her now

Wittertun (@Wittertun)

Posted at 4:36 PM on December 10, 2013

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do,,,,,,,
Bay95.cOM

Chloe Seghorn

Posted at 3:42 PM on December 10, 2013

I have never seen anything like this in my life. Selena was helping Demi Lovato just to get off the system through her breakdown. Even Mines too.I went through the same problem turning myself into a dark side like Demi Lovato and Linkin Park. It was painful. I tried to make myself better and everything just shut me down. 2 times in a row. I lost my job and I had to quit every jobs I had so many. My best friend left since 2011 and my boyfriend Jacob Bauer didn’t want to go so he wanted to stay with me instead of his families. That was his choice! So he can marry me! And be independent adults we are.

oll

Posted at 7:34 AM on December 13, 2013

so are you telling Us that Demi and Selena might be a couple then? :D

dunjav2013

Posted at 3:16 PM on December 10, 2013

Reblogged this on dunjav.

Carmen L. Wayland (@CarmenLWayland)

Posted at 3:09 PM on December 10, 2013

Mildred responded I didn’t know that a person can make $9548 in 4 weeks on the computer. browse around this website,… F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

Rosa

Posted at 2:56 PM on December 10, 2013

WTF THIS IS THE BIGGEST LIE I EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE SELENA CARES ABOUT HER SELF ONLY…BEING HONEST…she just want all the attention…

rita

Posted at 3:16 PM on December 10, 2013

LOL.. you probably need friends idiot.

Emily dick

Posted at 11:17 PM on December 10, 2013

So Ture GURLL

No need to know

Posted at 10:57 AM on December 15, 2013

Gee. You’re just hater. You had no right to say that. Probably she doesn’t even know you. You absolutely need bestfriend.

Selenator

Posted at 11:53 PM on December 15, 2013

Selena Is AMAZING!!!!! Dont Judge Someone You Dont Know! She Is So Caring And Thats Why She’s My Idol!! ILY Selena!!!!

Lovatic/ selenator

Posted at 9:09 PM on December 17, 2013

that is so true how can people judge if they dont even know them

shelby

Posted at 9:05 PM on December 17, 2013

selena has always been there for demi and shes not self centered and you shouldnt be judging because youve made mistakes too and you dont even know them so dont judge id like to see you be perfect for a day

Leonard (@Leonard69318724)

Posted at 2:45 PM on December 10, 2013

my neighbor’s step-mother makes $78 an hour on the laptop. She has been fired for 6 months but last month her pay check was $20725 just working on the laptop for a few hours. find out here now ,,,,,Buzz28.COM

connieprobinson (@connieprobinson)

Posted at 1:55 PM on December 10, 2013

my neighbor’s ex-wife makes $89 hourly on the laptop. She has been without a job for ten months but last month her paycheck was $14970 just working on the laptop for a few hours. have a peek at this web-site=======> W­W­W.J­O­B­S­2­5.COM

maybellineny queen

Posted at 1:42 PM on December 10, 2013

Reblogged this on Maybelline Queen.