‘X Factor’ Recap: Rion Paige’s Performance Makes Demi Lovato Cry

Fox/Courtesy of youtube

Nolly

Posted at 3:24 PM on March 22, 2014

Xfactor is absolutly burning

Kathie Bibler

Posted at 6:59 PM on December 23, 2013

Last weekend I had the pleasure of meeting Rion’s grandmother. She spoke of Rion and that she had been on x facter. Thank you. Thank you. I am so moved. I am so humbled. And I am so thankful her grandmother came in to the little shop I was working in. My cup runith over. XO

Mitchell

Posted at 9:19 AM on December 6, 2013

Okay, so, the judges, in my opinion, saved the wrong one last night. Not sure why he keeps getting saved but for some reason he does. Tim, who was let go long ago, is better…but oh well…they all have to go at some point. Simon fell for that “I came from dirt” comment and the “this is my only chance” line too. I also think I heard him, or one of the other judges, say that Rion is young so that’s why she could leave now….why then do you open the contest to those who are that young if you’re not going to put them through to the end? Especially when they are more talented than those that you keep? Coming from “dirt”….seriously! And then he played the race card for sympathy and once begged that there needs to be more Latinos in the industry.
UGH! Rion’s performance brought tears to the judges and everyone who listened, and yet they sent her off the show. But hooray, they kept the guy that came from dirt! What a mistake!

ssentongo

Posted at 6:18 AM on December 8, 2013

that was fkn shyt

newscruzer1 (@newscruzer1)

Posted at 4:19 AM on December 6, 2013

I have allot of respect for you Simon Cowell for your ability in judging singing talents when you hears it. With that being said however, I must admit was very disappointed tonight when you kept Carlito Olivero.
I can only ask why, but won’t, because I feel I already know why.
Simon! you yourself have stated many times,”this is a singing competition,and it should be judged solely on that, and that alone, so, for the life of me, why would you cave in to popular impressions, specially when a person such as Carlito Olivero has shown throughout this show he has no singing talent whatsoever!
Oh sure, now and then he can hit a note, but can’t sustain one.
As stated previously, he and his mentor are playing the race card, and for him to believe he is some sort of sex idol that woman can’t resist is a joke, and for his mentor to enforce that upon him are doing him a real injustice.
He comes out week after week dressed like a gang banger, which is disrespectful in my opinion.
Simon, you commented that” Carlito Olivero came up a hard way”,so what! what’s that got to do with his singing ability!
He’s been in the bottom throughout the singing competition, so my question is, “when are you and the other judges going to start doing right by others who deserve to be there and send him packing?
” YOU’RE BETTER THAN THAT SIMON”!!!

randy

Posted at 8:28 PM on December 5, 2013

he what wrng with ya american,oh i c if a singer not a american they wont go far the first one that got vote out tonight was a bad choice she was good and ya all know it ya all was just jelious cuz she not a american,this is why this country is going to hell,by the way im a american bet i would know whos a great signer,ya american do who ever dint vote for her ya all are stupid,ya all should know that ellona santiago should of gone all the way.

altern

Posted at 4:46 PM on December 5, 2013

Alex & Sierra did the best for me personally and they best not be in the bottom.

Ellona i believe did well enough to stick around as well.

If ANYthing would save this otherwise disasterous season it would be that Ellona and Alex & Sierra are final 2

Its the rest of the four that i dont really care who leaves but they all gots to go!

Restless Road perhaps did step it up but for beig practically terrible up until last night, they perhaps didnt have as much else to go! But i personally am over them. The only one that sings well is the lowest pitch guy and they utilize him well but i also think that theyre three solo singers out together and almost could make it work but i dunno … looks can sell for only so long before your ears take over and realize theyre not that great!

Carlito was never my type of music, vocals, or performance so i havnt really cared for anything hes done…

I think that Jeff Gutt got lucky or perhaps had a lot of help from production because he is boring and always has been. But people went for the whole past contestant, cute dad, wgwg story so what can you do?! His luck needs to run out. He doesnt have the X factor whatsoever so i wouldnt mind seeing him go.

Rion Paige’s luck ran out last week so its possible she may actually go this week but a part of me is so over the other guys that i personally wouldnt care if she squeeked by this week! But i havnt really cared for her vocals either this whole competition. She was the main story but i personally dont think that the youngest teenager will win this competition ever… i mean if extremely talented teens like Rachel Crow and Carl Rose couldnt win their respective seasons when they could have, then i dont expect Rion Paige to win it when she isnt as polished vocally as those two, but like those two i expect Rion to do great things after the show anyways.

So i would prefer Jeff Gutt and Restless Road to go, but wouldnt care otherwise as long as Ellona nor Alex & Sierra are out or bottom artists.

Me

Posted at 11:09 AM on December 5, 2013

She needs to go home because she is not very good, it has nothing to do with her hands. However, she has probably lasted this long because of them. I am sick of hearing each contestant say they want to win because they work real hard and deserve it. The only person that should win is someone who has talent and I am not sure once again this year anyone really does!

newscruzer1 (@newscruzer1)

Posted at 4:49 AM on December 6, 2013

Rion Paige lasted as long as she did because of her talent, and should have not been sent home, as she outperformed Carlito by a mile, but again, the race card was played and maybe others will wake up and see that fact and sent Carlito packing next week as Carlito is no talent, and certainly no heart throb to woman, that is unless their hard up and will settle for any person who wears pants that plays to their emotions!
Paige, being only thirteen is so very brave to expose herself as she has and is a real inspiration to others.
Tonight may had been here last performance on the show, but for sure she has a singing career ahead of her, so I personally would encourage her not to allow this to set her back, and keep it as a learning experience and continue to grow.
Shame on anyone who shows themselves to be so little minded to make negative comments regarding her appearance.

Heather

Posted at 1:24 AM on December 5, 2013

I hope America didn’t fall for that dumb tearfest. Send Rion and her useless hands back to Jacksonville, she should’ve gone last week!

crystal

Posted at 2:49 AM on December 5, 2013

why she can really sing

Steven Lee

Posted at 3:51 AM on December 5, 2013

That is disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourself.

God is Awsome (@sonja79245179)

Posted at 4:44 AM on December 5, 2013

You ought to be a shame of yourself for saying that. She is a human being just like you. I think you are jealouse cause you can’t sing or hold a note. I am voting for her

Lois

Posted at 7:54 AM on December 5, 2013

Heather you are so rude and cruel! I can’t believe you have the audacity to say something so hateful about a young girl with a disability! Obviously you were a bully in school and tortured those who didn’t meet your expectations. It’s apparent you are a shallow minded person and still a bully!

Kay

Posted at 8:16 PM on December 5, 2013

You are an ignorant human being. This is just a show and saying what you just did is disgusting and despicable. Someone such as yourself should be ashamed. One word; Karma prick.

Dan

Posted at 8:32 PM on December 5, 2013

Agreed. You obviously don’t see the beauty in life only the obstacles and negative pressures. Don’t feel hate for that person, they obviously feel so miserable within themselves that they feel the need to put another person down by using words in a destructive manner. You see the only issue is that while that beautiful girl will go on to become something incredible they will still be in a virtualisation that isn’t real spreading pessimistic hatred at those they only mean for themselves. Fear and insecurities, that is what it stems to. Don’t feel contention for them but pity. Pity in them not being able to see the beauty in life and pity for how they occurred to a state which they think gives them the right to blame others for what the internally feel about themselves.

I hope one day you truly find peace.

Mitchell

Posted at 8:44 AM on December 6, 2013

You are disgusting! You are what is wrong with this country! You make me sick!
And not to mention that Rion has more talent than the one they saved last night and equal to, if not more than the other finalists. Did I mention that you are a PIG? Oh, sorry, is that too big of a word for you?

Frank

Posted at 11:28 PM on December 12, 2013

Dumb useless c.unt saying that Rion’s hands are useless ! Just as useless as your brain !

Ray Gabriel

Posted at 4:39 AM on December 14, 2013

Simon you failed Rion big big time. She has more heart than any contestant you’ve had since the show first aired. I’m truly disappointed.