Paul Walker Burned Alive — Footage Reveals He Was Trapped After Crash

Wed, December 4, 2013 12:10pm EDT by 47 Comments

The news on Paul Walker’s death just keeps getting more and more horrifying. CNN is reporting that Paul was trapped in the Porsche Carerra GT for up to a minute before it burst into flames, engulfing Paul and his friend Roger Rodas on Nov. 30. Were they both tragically burned alive?

How terrible. Paul Walker‘s last moments after his car crashed in Santa Clarita, Calif. were captured by security cameras across the street — but the car didn’t show any smoke rising from it immediately after the accident, suggesting that Paul and the driver, Roger Rodas, were burned alive. The disturbing video doesn’t show the actual crash, but shows the explosion one minute after the car hits a tree and light pole. Read on to find out Paul and Roger’s autopsy results.

Paul Walker Burned Alive: Died Of Traumatic And Thermal Injuries

The footage, taken from a building’s security camera on the opposite side of the street, doesn’t show the car crashing due to a wall blocking the street view, reports CNN. However, it does show a light pole and tree falling — and black smoke coming from the crash one minute later. The smoke becomes thicker after two minutes, eventually turning into gigantic flames.

Paul and Roger’s autopsy results were released by the Los Angeles County Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner on Dec. 4. Paul, 40, was died of “combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries,” sadly confirming that he was burned alive. Roger, 38 died of multiple traumatic injuries.

The injuries occurred due to automobile versus fixed objects, which would be the trees and the pole that they hit. Both deaths have been ruled an accident. There will be toxicology reports for both men killed, that will be available in six to eight weeks.

Paul & Roger’s Autopsies Were Delayed

After the fatal crash, the bodies of both Paul and Roger were unidentifiable, according to TMZ. They completed the autopsy on Dec. 3, according to AP.

The case “had been placed on security hold,” Lieutenant Fred Corral of the LA County Coroner’s Division told Us Weekly. The identification of the bodies had reportedly been delayed until Dec. 3 because the coroner had been waiting to receive dental records for Paul and Roger, according to TMZ. It’s unclear why the case is on security hold at this time.

“I’m not sure if the bodies have been identified or if the examinations were complicated. We’ve been extremely busy here,” Lt. Corral told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY . ”The only time we would put someone’s autopsy on security hold is at the request of the police department or at our own request. That simply means that the case has not been completed.”

Our hearts go out to everyone affected by Paul and Roger’s deaths.

– Ivy Jacobson

More Paul Walker News:

1. Paul Walker Autopsy: The Real Reason His Remains Are Under Security Hold
  2. Paul Walker’s Death: Porsche Issued Memo About Dangers Of Carrera GT
  3. Paul Walker: Daughter Meadow Encouraged Him To Follow ‘Calling’

barsha roy john

Posted at 9:18 AM on April 21, 2014

my husband was ur greatest fan…may u rest in peace n may lord almighty bring u back soon…ur daughter will be proud of u Pau.

love
Barsha Roy John and David John xoxoxoxox

anderson

Posted at 7:58 PM on February 25, 2014

i just dont know why i keep thinking about this tragedy….bah i guess am not supposed to know someone before i feel something.
love ya buddy….R.I.P. both oh ya
really gonna be missing yu Paul.

Jarohn

Posted at 4:09 AM on January 11, 2014

It’s cool that his brother is stepping in…maybe it’s like handing on the baton. Very sad that it had to happen this way though…

anorm

Posted at 2:25 PM on January 6, 2014

My only sibling died an a crash that involved his car burning. I agonized for years that he was alive when the car burned. YEARS. Is it really necessary to publicize this aspect of his death to feed the curiosity of his fans? Any thought what this gruesome news might do to his family and friends? Absolutely unnecessary.

Paige

Posted at 4:36 PM on January 3, 2014

I miss him:/ even though I’m only 13, I thought he was pretty damn sexy for a 40 year old! I was crying when I watched “2Fast 2Furious” the other day. R.I.P my love😘💔❤

Jay ct

Posted at 8:45 PM on December 30, 2013

They both died on impact !! I’ve seen worst accidents than that In ct when you are going at a high speed and hit a pole or a tree you just need to remember trees do not move !! They were both dead before the fire

Pete

Posted at 1:59 AM on December 29, 2013

I grew up with his films so I was kinda shocked when he died as opposed to other celeb deaths. I remember watching the skulls and fast and furious over and over again. I feel bad because fast and furious won’t be the same without him and it’s gonna be hard seeing his movies pop up on netflix knowing he’s gone :(

Kathy

Posted at 2:30 PM on December 23, 2013

HL and the old bag Bonnie have done it again. How can you write a story like this. His family is devastated over this and you have this sort of headline. Even if other media display this story you have no right to be among the trash of the earth. They is no excuse for what you did and I hope you never have to face this type of situation and be exploited which is exactly what you did to his family.

Ruxibella

Posted at 5:54 PM on December 19, 2013

Please have respect for a man who did so much to help others and let him rest in peace. Stop writing or saying the same things on each article. If I was his daughter, I would want the video removed from www. This man had a daughter, a mother, a father, brothers and tons of other people who loved him or cared for him. Why make them all suffer?

Cara

Posted at 6:18 PM on December 11, 2013

If you vultures had any respect for his family, his daughter, his partner, you would remove your ghoulish videos. No one needs to see this.

Joshua

Posted at 3:45 PM on December 8, 2013

I will always miss u uve been my best fan i hope u rest in peace in heaven