‘The Voice’: Matthew Schuler Should Be On ‘Glee,’ Says Carson Daly

Wed, December 4, 2013 12:17pm EST by 17 Comments
Matthew Schuler The Voice
Courtesy of NBC (2)

sherryl

Posted at 3:55 PM on January 21, 2014

I hated matthew got voted off they should go by all the songs not just one he was the best one on there
America got that one wrong hope you have great success you deserve it a
Fan

onenaijaguy

Posted at 9:40 AM on December 19, 2013

May be too old to play a teenager? Lea Michelle and co are way older than him

tim H

Posted at 7:16 PM on December 14, 2013

NMathew should get a second chance and be called to the voice on a surprise to the other contestants and i believe he could win the whole thing or atleast be second runner up with Ms. chin wich i believe she could win the voice with her amazing voice and talent.

rose

Posted at 12:14 PM on December 11, 2013

Best wishes Cole, youre an amazing person and artist;am sure all of America fell in love with you, as well~Youre carrying a greatness that exceeds in strength . Many blessings to you always .Remember ,you are who you stay with,so be closest to your greatest self.
With regard to the remaining contestants; good luck ,many blessings! With regard to the coaches; big hugs Blake ,you surely know how to make America smile~~..so easily~God bless you always~ As for the rest, I was hoping they paid less attention on themselves in vanity ,and chose better songs for the contestants to captivate attention on them.!lol Just my opinion~and voice~;) I will continue to watch the show;however already convinced who will win;just the same, am appreciative and devoted to real people,Blake being one of them~

rose

Posted at 10:31 AM on December 11, 2013

On a personal note,Mathew Schuler won;in truth;jealousy and corruption usually eliminate what they fear the most.lol How do u think we have so many presidents related. Truth may be eliminated in their eyes but its never elimated inside the eyes that count the most in strength and respect. Mathew carries his truth very well ;far beyond places where fame is proof that people are gullible. He carries it through the eyes and souls,dead and alive,shining down or around him in spirit. There is only one judge ;however the world seems to think differently. Mathews path will forever sparkle without having to pay the price of diamonds.lol. ps. Hang in there ,Blake; you shine in truth, as well!! Praying for all of you ,with much love , and humbleness.~with hopes you never change inside the greed of a pretentious paradise~:))))

rose

Posted at 10:06 AM on December 11, 2013

Mathew Schuler was the best in character, soul, and voice; a pureheart! HE should have never been booted off show;in truth,however, there is always a positive and truth to every negative experience. This singer is humble ,and can reach the most incredible heights with the truth in his soul and voice. Money cant buy that nor can it alter its direction! Huge smiles to have encountered his performance to share with the world~!

janet

Posted at 5:55 PM on December 9, 2013

I am not watching the voice tonight, since Matthew was eliminated. He should have won!

Teri

Posted at 9:53 PM on December 7, 2013

Matthew to me is very special. He does not need Hollywood style to win in my opinion. He is a beautiful person and has a fantastic voice. Maybe The Voice should create a Christian category. That music sells to, on iTunes. I would buy Matthews in a minute. God bless his future!

Jenn

Posted at 4:35 PM on December 6, 2013

Him and Tessanne were easily the most talented. I still can’t figure out why Will is there and Matthew’s gone??? Crazy. I agree though, bad song choices. You literally MUST pick things people will download bc no matter how great you sing it, if people don’t recognize it or can’t relate to it you’re doomed. Hope to see him doing something bigger and better very soon!

Sheilz

Posted at 1:08 AM on December 5, 2013

I think Mathew is too talented. Hearing him sing the first threesl first three songs he sang in the show made me love them. Things started going south after he sang halleluia….every song choice from that point foward did not make him shine.

Nara

Posted at 10:09 PM on December 4, 2013

I was blown away by Matthew. Clearly, so were the judges. His being sent home is a shock to me and I blame very, very poor song choices. He should have picked Adam as his coach IMO as he chooses the better songs. It matters, because it seems that iTunes downloads are in large, a part of the decision on who stays or goes. Christina, although undeniably a great singer, picked the crappiest songs for Matthew (with the exception of Hallelujah) that no one wanted to download. Myself, I prefered the songs Matthew picked. On the other hand, James, again IMO is way overrated, is very pitchy and does not have half the talent of those still on the show or of some who are now gone. I sincerely hope that Matthew goes on to bigger and better things from here! I am looking forward to buying HIS music!

Mae

Posted at 5:35 PM on December 18, 2013

Christina was only interested in getting Jacque in the final and for her to win. Why do you think everyone else in her group was eliminated. I though Matthew should have been in the finals instead of Will.

voicefan

Posted at 7:55 PM on December 4, 2013

Matthew is not too old to play a highschooler. Some of the other Glee cast are not teenagers. Many actors who have played teenagers were in their 20s or 30s in movies and on TV. For some readon Matthew’s performanvez started going downhill while Will and Cole have risen up.

Jim

Posted at 3:03 PM on December 4, 2013

It was only a matter of time for Matthew, as he is not versatile enough…he’s all-power, high-volume and doesn’t do anything that stands out at all when he tries to go softer. Same for Jacquie.

Marlen

Posted at 9:28 PM on December 10, 2013

Actually,the Voice should stop doing all that big production, and loud music and back up singers that almost overpower the contestants voice. It should just be about the Voice of the singer ..we could hardly hear Matthews voice and even the others. You should listen to the one direction’s song “story of my life “at Access Hollywood when he came to sing it in the show…such a big difference with just the piano playing and him singing. Btw, I think I’m done with The Voice…just name it “Americas favorite singer”. I also think that the coaches should have an option to a “save” if they think that America voted out someone not deserving to be eliminated. Also, tweeter should be thrown out. It’s a talent contest not be a popularity show!

altern

Posted at 1:14 PM on December 4, 2013

I wished they just eliminated James as well as Matt and did a double elimination again because ive been over both of those so called ‘front runners’ or ‘fan favorites’ …. i knew they would plateu and the other 4 have outperformed them imo.

Although ill say this week was sort of a tossup since no one really hit it out of the park for me… but ill say i was worried for Jacquie a little because this week seemed overdone by Xtina and she needs to show subtle sides to her voice then bring it out. Otherwise it feels like a giant screamfest from her.

Tessanne still seems stuck to me. I do think she stepped it up this week but shes one that hasnt outperformed herself and may have gotten here for having such a great soul and personality. She may come back afterall if she gets the right song choices but im still unsure on her.

Cole is one of my favorite stories on the Voice right now since he was one chair turn, stolen during knockouts, and has gone unexpectedly far. But he has one of my favorite voices.. hes on and off for me but since hebhas the infamous Blake Shelton fanatics backing him up, he has an actual shot at winning. Hes also one though that bothers me wih wrong song choices once in a while but when he gets good ones he stand out.

Will is the true underdog of this competition. Lately hes been delivering better performances and surprises, but ill say this week he was sort of over ambitious at times and needs to remember to when to harness his glory notes. I like him though much better than

James who i think hasnt lived up to his potential… hes too inconsistent for me.. but the fact hes still in it does mean he has a shot at the finale but if hes mediocre again then please send him out! I may have liked him early on but ive felt he should have gone these last few weeks instead of some of the others.

And as much as Matthew was an original frontrunner i had a hunch he would burn out eventually or just come off too confident and too boring… he has a great voice no doubt but when others are surprising us and youve already shown everything you can do, its hard to keep up the votes.

Kathy

Posted at 1:40 PM on December 9, 2013

Matthew would still be in this contest if he didn’t have Christina as his coach. She is a terrible coach,