Tamar Braxton Cries During Best R&B Artist Speech At Soul Train Awards

Tue, December 3, 2013 9:39am EDT by 16 Comments

Tamar Braxton broke down in tears at the Soul Train Awards, but not because she lost! The ‘Braxton Family Values’ star was overcome with emotion after winning three awards during a year that also included the birth of her son.

Tamar Braxton, 36, is having the year of her life. Between the birth of her first child, the success of her reality shows, and the debut of her first album in 13 years, Love And War, we can’t blame her for tearing up as she accepted the award for Best Female R&B Artist at the 2013 Soul Train Awards on Dec. 1. Check out the video below!

Tamar Braxton’s Emotional Acceptance Speech

Tamar won three titles at the 2013 Soul Train Awards in Las Vegas. She took home the statue for Song Of The Year for “Love and War” and The Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award, but it was the Best Female R&B/Soul trophy that led the artist to finally break down in gratitude.

“I’m just so surprised,” she said, choking back tears. “I just wanted to start off by thanking God and thanking everyone who supports me and believes in my music and takes me serious as an artist, because that’s who I am. I just want to thank my fabulous family — my fantastically beat to death sisters and my husband Vincent Herbert.”

So sweet! Tamar, who took 13 years off from music, followed up with a message of inspiration. “I just really want to leave you guys with this note,” she said. “I never thought in my life that I would be here, and the only reason is that because I almost gave up on myself. I want to let you guys know, no matter what you want to be, no matter who you want to be, don’t give up on you. It is possible.”

Tamar Braxton: ‘Not Gonna Stop’

Of course, the littlest Braxton couldn’t leave the stage without adding a tough of her signature sass!

“I’m 36 years old and I’m proud of it,” she teased. “And I don’t give a damn if I was 56 — she was not finna stop! Point blank, and the period!”

Amen, Tamar! What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Are you happy for Tamar?

– HL Staff

More Music News:

1. Tamar Braxton Welcomes Baby Boy — Congrats
  2. Selena Gomez Stuns In A Sexy, Plunging Jumpsuit For Jingle Ball
  3. Willie Robinson: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Dad Sings At CMA Country Christmas

Sunshine

Posted at 11:28 AM on December 5, 2013

Tamar is very talented. My ONLY issue is with the hair. Stop messing with your hair- it takes away from your beautiful singing. Also, get more man meat up there for HOT SUGAR and interact with the dancers more. Congrats on your success.

ALIBOP

Posted at 1:24 AM on December 5, 2013

I see a WHOLE LOT OF HATERS. ..WHO CARE IF SHE DOESN’T READ OUR COMMENTS OR POSTS…WE ALL NO THIS IS PUBLICITY & THAT’S OK…SO QUIT HATEN…HATERS…IT Doesn’t LOOK GOOD ON YOU:-D

alice smalls

Posted at 1:17 AM on December 5, 2013

Tamar is who she is, that “GAL” can sing & she loves her teddy bear Vincent Herbert. ..I’m proud to compliment her…she is young & a striver…ain’t no hater over here…”GO TAMAR”

JOYCE BURTON

Posted at 12:44 AM on December 5, 2013

I LOVE TAMAR AND HOW REAL SHE IS.TAMAR IS LIVING OUT HER DREAM WITH HER WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND BRAND NEW BABY BOY AND NO MATTER WHAT A PERSON DOES SOMEBODY IS ALWAYS GOING TO FIND SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY. THEREFORE TAMAR, I AM A TRUE FAN AND I THINK THAT YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB AND PERFORMANCE WAS BEAUTIFUL ON THE 2013 SOUL TRAIN AWARD.

CONGRATULATION GIRL AND CONTINUE TO DO YOUR THING, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND YOU SING BEAUTIFUL MUSIC!

LOVE YOUR BIGGEST FAN JOYCE

Geetee

Posted at 10:30 PM on December 4, 2013

Being hurtful to anyone online is lame and an incredible sign of the lowest of self-esteem. As if she would read this and think some of yalls opinion mattered. What was the point? To prove how gutter you are? Well—good job.We all believe you.

renee

Posted at 6:01 AM on December 4, 2013

I feel like Tamar didn’t earn her stripes. She was given this opportunity because she’s married to Vince. Her performance was awful. She akso tries to be too much like Beyonce. That’s what the weird staring off was about during her performance. Not hate. Just a critique on this particular artist.

arleen scott

Posted at 2:06 AM on December 8, 2013

sorry, beyonce can’t sing, what note can she hit, except a bank note, just saying, how is Tamar trying to be Beyoncé, and to be married to Vince, if she earn her stripes, she should have been that opportunity ten years ago, her performance was okay, but her VOICE was off the change, Tamar has more in common with Mariah Carey, Beyoncé is a show girl. They all deserve their credit, I am proud of all our black sisters.

maai

Posted at 8:56 PM on December 3, 2013

REAL partner seeker?OPEN to join a group where all members believe Interracial relationship?Love sees no color..Why not GO TO~~~ ( MixedPartner.c0m ) ~ —-A Serious interracial dating site for singles seeking relationships, friendships beyond race and borders. All members in the site believe interracial relationship.So,how about you?Join us to have a special mixed relationship.ffrrr

LJ

Posted at 7:42 PM on December 3, 2013

I think Tamar is fake and want to be like Toni Braxton.She brag to much for me and thats all she wanted from sloppy fat husband anyway money and fame,yep!

saywhat?

Posted at 9:11 PM on December 3, 2013

YOU MAADD? take a chill pill honey

Jackie

Posted at 1:25 PM on December 4, 2013

That is a mean and rude thing to say, i hope you apologize you would not want no one to say that about you or your family. Vince appear to be a nice man who love Tamar and she appears to love him. Please try to remember that people in the public have feelings just like the rest of us :)

belle

Posted at 4:40 PM on December 3, 2013

Some folks like blonde lace front wig wearing, bleached skinned fools. This girl is as hideous as her outfit…..gag….she is not her sister or Beyonce. Surprisingly her baby is cute!

saywhat?

Posted at 9:13 PM on December 3, 2013

But u sure wish u were her.. have several.. u don’t like her craft yet u r commenting on her stuff.. yep u so mad

abe

Posted at 10:22 AM on December 3, 2013

she just past the Actor-Test.

Sonya

Posted at 4:14 PM on December 3, 2013

I am so proud of you Tamar. You are so talented and I thank you so much for sharing it with us. You are exactly where you should be and so deserving. Keep pressing and avoid all of the negative comments. Your CD is such a blessing and so many women and men can relate. GOD bless you and the family!!!

Jackie

Posted at 1:28 PM on December 4, 2013

I agree whole heartedly don’t let any negitivity rain on your parade you are blessed and highly favored, you wouldn’t be where you are if God didn’t allow. You go girl!!