‘Vampire Diaries’ Preview: Caroline Helps Stefan Overcome His PTSD

Mon, December 2, 2013 5:46pm EDT by 5 Comments

Watch drama-major Caroline attempt to psychoanalyze her best friend’s ex. (One thing’s for sure; this crew definitely needs therapy!)

“Steroline” shippers rejoice! Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) get up close and personal in this brand-new clip from the Dec. 5 episode of The Vampire Diaries, as the younger Salvatore brother’s protégé vows to help him deal with that pesky PTSD he’s been wrestling with. She also makes sure to include a few jabs at Damon (Ian Somerhalder) in the midst of her genuine well-wishes for Stefan, but hey, what do you expect? This is Caroline we’re talking about.

Now, I’m not saying you should expect Stefan and Caroline’s temporary partnership to evolve into a full-on romance — I’m still hopeful for his future with Katherine (Nina Dobrev) — but it’s nice to see these two working together again.

It’s been too long!

HollywoodLifers, are you excited to see Stefan and Caroline teaming up this week? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the pair below!

— Andy Swift

More ‘Vampire Diaries':

1. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: The Augustine Vampire Is Revealed
  2. ‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Damon’s Dark Past Returns To Haunt Him
  3. ‘Vampire Diaries’: Damon Confronts Aaron In Dramatic New Pics

neo

Posted at 9:37 AM on December 18, 2013

i like their friendship,but i see no reason for them to get on romantically.ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!!

Sasha

Posted at 6:46 PM on December 2, 2013

These two are JUST friends & I agreed with everything Caroline said, ESPECIALLY the part about Damon. He’s a DICK, plain & simple! Trying to justify his existence won’t change that.

emma

Posted at 6:36 PM on December 2, 2013

I like that Stefan has someone who actually cares about him and wants to help him. BUT, under no circumstances should Stefan and Caroline get together romantically. The only ones who want them together are Delenas’. For the obvious reason.

Cat

Posted at 6:17 PM on December 2, 2013

Personally I think Caroline has lost the plot trying to force Stefan back in to that safe, is she trying to give him a panic attack? I know her heart is in the right place, but Caroline please leave it to the professionals! I hope the writers handle this storyline sensitively and carried out some research on it as they are actually using the reference PTSD. Seriously someone that has undergone a traumatic circumstance is not going to be forced to physically relive it as a form of recovery. DON’T GET IN THE SAFE STEFAN!!!!

P.s. Personal I’m happy with the platonic friendship here, if Caroline was male and wearing pants like Alaric we wouldn’t be having this discussion of romance [or maybe there was one for Damon and Alaric and I missed out! lol] A girl and a boy can just be friends, well in my world anyway, it would be nice for TVD to explore that, it would be a welcome change.

Allison

Posted at 5:57 PM on December 2, 2013

I love their friendship & I’m glad that not everybody in Mystic Falls has forgotten how Elena has changed for the worst & how Damon…well I think Caroline summed it up accurately.