‘The Voice’ Recap: Cole Vosbury Crushes Top 6 Showdown

Mon, December 2, 2013 10:01pm EDT by 28 Comments
Cole Vosbury The Voice
Courtesy of NBC

sue

Posted at 10:35 PM on December 3, 2013

I believe the judges are prejudice and African Americans should boycott the show Because Blake was totally wrong when he gave Matthew false hopes that was like a slap in the face saying you think you got it well you don’t totally wrong and I will never watch the show again and they want all that country or rock just say African Americans not aloud because they don’t stand a snowball chance in HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of winning

homakp

Posted at 11:22 PM on December 3, 2013

wasn’t Jermaine from team Blake an African American? he won season 2.

Wildcat31

Posted at 7:23 PM on December 8, 2013

You do realize the first two winners were African American, right?

madnate

Posted at 6:40 PM on December 3, 2013

Jaquie’s controlled screaming gives me a headache. I feel like Christina is focusing on her and making terrible song choices for Matthew. Although he was much better last night than he was the previous week. Love Cole and Will. But will seems a little stiff and awkward at times.

Tom

Posted at 2:23 PM on December 3, 2013

The one thing that amazes me, that will play against Cole, is Christina’s ability to drive a sales pitch. She always seems to excessively play up the performances by her team, which often are not deserving of the level of praise she bestows upon them, while consistently providing corrective advice to Blake’s team. Very strategic. I still think that Cole owned the show despite Christina’s “advice” to Cole.

Shannon

Posted at 11:59 AM on December 3, 2013

Cole is an artist. He doesn’t need to scream (Jaquie) or other distractions on the stage. He sings and he sings the crap out of a song. Yes, it is called the Voice but if they are not artists just singers what is the point. I would buy Cole’s CD in a heartbeat but no others……except Will. He is cute and very talented also.

JUDY

Posted at 10:10 AM on December 3, 2013

Another fantastic performance last night. :)

krystallynn

Posted at 7:17 AM on December 3, 2013

Hell yes, Cole Vosbury is amazing. In my perfect results, Cole would make the finals and Jacquie would be gone this week. I have a bad feeling that Matt, who I really love despite his coach, or James will be the ones leaving.

Elizabeth Rodgers

Posted at 4:37 AM on December 3, 2013

Cole — Wow! Blake picked excellent songs for him. The advantages of being the only baby bird left in Blake’s nest.

Will — good job. He’s a smart performer — knows how to play to his strengths and has his own style.

Tessanne — excellent as always. I hope that the viewers don’t take her for granted and forget to vote for her (a la Amanda Brown).

Matthew — what the heck is Christina doing with her song choices? He can win the whole thing if Christina doesn’t blow it for him.

James — talented & a good performer, but why does he do cheese? (Meatloaf. Really?!) Stick to Indie and unknown Joni Mitchell songs.

Jackie — she’s like a loud speaker set on 11. Excellent for a 16yo, but has gotten farther than she deserves.

Kay Sockrider

Posted at 1:26 AM on December 3, 2013

I have read the opinions below before commenting. I adore Cole Vosbury!!! There is real soul, smoothness, and a richness to his voice that is mesmerizing. He does not scream his vocals like so many others in the Final Six or try to entertain by dancing wildly, moving all over the stage, and even laying down.. just relies on his on his voice and delivers every time.

SEM

Posted at 1:07 AM on December 3, 2013

Cole is fine, but in no way does he have a great or spectacular voice and the show is called THE VOICE. He should get 4th or 5th at best.

Anastasia Beaverhausen

Posted at 10:17 PM on December 10, 2013

I totally agree. Why is Cole still in the running?

Harold

Posted at 12:58 AM on December 3, 2013

I was so distracted by Christina Aguilera’s brain-numbing rambling and cleavage falling out of her shirt that I hardly noticed anyone else’s performance.

Anastasia Beaverhausen

Posted at 10:18 PM on December 10, 2013

Agree, I really don’t need to see her boobs.

Caitlyn

Posted at 12:29 AM on December 3, 2013

Tessanne should have a record deal right now. She is amazing.

lisa

Posted at 9:18 PM on December 3, 2013

If I didn’t have to watch her, I’d like her. She’s too aggressive in every song she sings.

Anastasia Beaverhausen

Posted at 10:18 PM on December 10, 2013

I hope Tessanne wins.

Jennifer

Posted at 12:26 AM on December 3, 2013

Cole was great tonight, but Matthew is my favorite contestant on the show this episode.

Jennifer

Posted at 12:27 AM on December 3, 2013

Matthew is my favorite contestant on the show this *season, I meant to say.

Alison

Posted at 12:25 AM on December 3, 2013

Cole is awesome. I can’t believe that Ceelo was the only person who turned his chair around for him during the blind auditions. Crazy !!!!!

Tabby

Posted at 11:25 PM on December 2, 2013

Every time Tessanne performs I feel like I’m watching an established professional. She is consistently AMAZING! Matthew let me down this week. Jacquie does way too much screaming, she’s a little girl with a big voice, who doesn’t know what to do with it. Cole has a good voice but at the same time I feel like he sounds like every other country artist out there. James was boring. Will was just okay.

PJ

Posted at 12:53 PM on December 3, 2013

Welcome to school of Christina Over Singing University

Robshq

Posted at 11:03 PM on December 2, 2013

Cole!!

shar.bosslady

Posted at 10:24 PM on December 2, 2013

I agree that Cole took the show. Tess that cover of Katy Perry Unconditional love just showed the audience that you are still there and a force to be reckoned with. I loooooved it! Sorry jacqui Lee, you have a beautiful voice but all your performances are starting to sound the same Anyway I think this top 6 deserve to be there.

Bob

Posted at 12:30 AM on December 3, 2013

How could Cole have taken the show when Tessanne was insanely amazing? There is no comparison. Will has a stronger and better voice than Cole.

SEM

Posted at 1:11 AM on December 3, 2013

Cole’s voice isn’t in the same league as Tessane, Matthew, jacqui or James, they’re all in the majors while Cole is still in the minors.

Happy joy

Posted at 2:49 AM on December 3, 2013

Cole has been in the majors for years, apparently your musical aptitude isn’t nearly as great as the rest of the voting public.

Anastasia Beaverhausen

Posted at 10:20 PM on December 10, 2013

The country crowed will vote for anyone Blake mentors. Cole is average at best.