Justin Bieber Releases ‘Change Me’ — About Selena Gomez? — Listen

Mon, December 2, 2013 6:04am EDT by 26 Comments

How does Justin really feel about the consequences of his past relationship with Selena? In his latest installment of Music Mondays, the sexy singer seems to tell all. Listen below!

Over the course of the Music Mondays series, Justin Bieber has admitted that love has turned him on, broken his heart, and made him obsessed — but the stakes are even higher now that he’s singing that love has actually changed him. Hear that, Selena Gomez?

Justin Bieber Releases ‘Change Me’

“Change Me” is just as revealing, if not more revealing, than the other new songs Justin has debuted. And the song seems to refer to his past relationship with Selena and place life-altering emphasis on it. In this soulful piano ballad, he really pours his heart out, singing, “Maybe you could be the light that opens up my eyes.”

Justin tweeted:

Check out the full lyrics here:

Girl, I’m ready, if you’re ready, now
Ooh, is it ever gonna be?
If you’re with it, then I’m with it, now
To accept all responsibility
I’d go out of my way
To live by the words that you say
I don’t wanna be the same

Maybe you could change me
Maybe you could change me

Maybe you could be the light
That opens up my eyes
Make all my wrongs right
Change me, change me

Don’t fight fire with fire
If I’m screaming, talk quiter
Understanding and patience
Feel the pain that I’m facing
Be like serenity
Help me position my mind
Take a chance
Make a difference in my life

Maybe you could change me
Maybe you could change me

Maybe you could be the light
That opens up my eyes
Make all my wrongs right
Change me, change me

Girl, I’m ready, if you’re ready, now
Ooh, is it ever gonna be?
If you’re with it, then I’m with it, now

Justin Bieber: How He’s Changed

But actions speak even louder than romantic songs, in which case Justin is right — he really has changed!

After splitting from Selena, Justin became an obviously different person. And he really hasn’t slowed down on his new path.

He reached all new bad boy levels in Nov. when he went to a brothel in Brazil and raged all throughout South America. Then, he traveled to Australia at the end of the month, where he reportedly partied with 35 strippers.

Though we’re not sure that’s what Justin meant in his new song. What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you like “Change Me?” Let us know!

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Music Monday News:

1. Justin Bieber Releases ‘Roller Coaster’ — About Selena Gomez?
  2. Justin Bieber Releases ‘Recovery’ — About Selena Gomez? — Listen
  3. Justin Bieber’s Song ‘All That Matters’ Leaks — About Selena Gomez?

sandra

Posted at 9:01 PM on December 5, 2013

The song is great and romantic but if this was love the beautiful Selena then he would be showing his change like for example what’s with all the hookers. Please really that’s not changing for no one.

TimBer1

Posted at 5:29 AM on December 5, 2013

Justin Bieber really pours his heart out on this emotional track. I love that is a simple song with a piano and just his vocals that is improving all the time.

BLUEJAYGIRLFRIEND

Posted at 5:34 PM on December 3, 2013

I THINK SHE IS SCARE TO OPEN HER HEART AND HE IS SCARE BECAUSE OF SOME OF HIS IDOITS FANS AND WHAT THEY WOULD DO IF HE WOULD SAID THAT THEIR GETTING BACK TOGETHER AND THE HATE THEY WOULD SEND SELENA IT’S TIME FOR THESE TWO TO HAVE A CHIT CHAT ONE ON ONE BY THEM SHELF WITH NO INRUPPERTION AND OTHER STUFF JUST A HEART TO HEART TALK.

Unknown

Posted at 10:05 PM on December 2, 2013

Justin needs to change his own self

BLUEJAYGIRLFRIEND

Posted at 5:27 PM on December 3, 2013

HE CAN’T DO IT BY HIM SHELF. SHE WAS THE ONE THA SAID HE NEEDS TO CHANGE BUT THE ONLY WAY IT’ GOING TO HAPPEN IS IF SELENA GET’S BACK WITH HIM I SEE I BEEN THEIR WITH MY BOYFRIEND HE WAS JUST AS BAD AS JUSTIN AND I GOT BACK WITH HIM IT WAS LIKE A NEW PERSON IN TWO MONTH BUT SHE HAS TO GET BACK WITH HIM HE CAN’T DO IT ON HIS OWN NO ONE CAN. YOU HAVEN’T LEARN WHAT LOVE IS YET.

Karen

Posted at 8:23 PM on December 2, 2013

Omg I actually agree with this website I do think the song might be about selena but everything else they say in this website is fake

pam

Posted at 8:16 PM on December 2, 2013

Even if I am not a fan I do wish he would stop the partying with strippersand prostitutes after eevery show. It is wearing him out. Nobody.can keep up that pace and too many are taking advantage.. it had to really hurt him when his best friend Lil Twist and the other Lil guy used his home, cars, and sold the peeing story and others for 40,000 dollars. He loved and trusted that kid like a brother. Now he trust no one and hangs out with people just looking for him to pay for everything. The tour is almost done and I.hope he goes to his Dad’s for a couple months to hang out with his adorable siblings, his grandma and people who are know and love him from before he was famous. He needs to just be normal for a few months.

dave

Posted at 7:32 PM on December 2, 2013

He started acting out before they broke up. He was trying to impress his friends.by smoking pot, drinking and hanging out with other girls. She went back when his Mom and Scooter asked. But then he treated her poorly, kept up the drugs, clubs and she said his ego was out of control. That’s when her Mom and friends said he was using her so people thought he was behaving. He was cruel to her.

Dev

Posted at 5:07 PM on December 2, 2013

Self-centered. Asking the other person to put up with outburst and yelling. He needs to change but can only do it himself. That’s how you take responsibility.

luulbbe

Posted at 1:30 PM on December 2, 2013

justin he said change me he want teach my lounght lol i tell him you dont spaek my lounght then he said change me kkk i love him he alway whith me he tweet me he tak care me and he loves me he no go any were i love him so much pl dont talk about hem this is our personly thank you

ally

Posted at 1:44 PM on December 2, 2013

we lost this one

luulbbe

Posted at 1:15 PM on December 2, 2013

this song is not selena this about me ok if justin love her will go ok they live use so if they want they go but he dont want her think about justinbieber he loves me and u will see ond day he is said gril ready that gril is not selena i see it is me he loves me and i love him so go list agian ok by luulbbe

KALANI

Posted at 11:37 AM on December 2, 2013

OKAY EWW. GROSS. WHO SAYS THAT. I DO LVOE CHANGE ME. ITS AMAZING AND PRETTY HOT TO.

Girl

Posted at 10:15 AM on December 2, 2013

This site really needss to stop making weird stories who arent even right! I think the song is about selena but that whole brothel thing i dont believe that! I just think they need to get back together because they are both unhappy…

Kayleigh

Posted at 9:20 AM on December 2, 2013

Justin started acting out roughly around the time him and Selena broke up.. I think the reason he’s been acting the way he has been this year is because he’s heartbroken over her and doesn’t know how to hide the pain.. that may sound ridiculous but that’s what I think. He was a different person when they were dating, he rarely had any bad publicity.

nicky minaj fan

Posted at 8:44 AM on December 2, 2013

Selena did open her legs to Justin why do you think they spend the night together in Norway

gerredy

Posted at 8:40 AM on December 2, 2013

Selena already tried to open her legs to the douchebag but he prefers american blackmen , this songs are for lil twist but hollywood life and his fans wont let him come out from the closet….please let him show his true colors and not having to live in fear just leave him alone already.

TimBer1

Posted at 5:25 AM on December 5, 2013

Homophobe huh? Trust me nobody takes you seriously at all. It’s time you come out of the closet yourself.. You know what they say about homophobes right?.. That they are insecure about their own sexuality. Yeah! That describes you to a T.

Forever!

Posted at 7:48 AM on December 2, 2013

What the hell! Does JB’s world only revolves around Selena? Des he have no one else in his life or what? Why should each of his songs be about Selena?

Samantha bieber

Posted at 7:40 AM on December 2, 2013

Omg I love this new song change me. Ahhhhhh…… I love Justin bieber forever <3 :) :D;-) I'm a belieber <3

wealthypeople18

Posted at 7:40 AM on December 2, 2013

Recommended Service: ___ WěalthyPeople.ōrg ___ Meet other wealthy, successful, attractive and available singles

haha funny

Posted at 7:28 AM on December 2, 2013

amazing song lovin the bieber right now well his songs anyway the hole bad boy thing not so much

haha funny

Posted at 7:23 AM on December 2, 2013

hate to say it but u probly right

True

Posted at 7:18 AM on December 2, 2013

both stupid children with too much money. Neither one is going to be much of anything besides wealthy, if you ask me. Both are pretty annoying, at least the stuff in the news is. Over priveleged un-talented children.

haha funny

Posted at 7:25 AM on December 2, 2013

u should change ur name to hater then answer this question if u were just going to bash y waste ur time n ur cooment isnt true its more like FALSE

eww!!!