Lady Gaga Performs ‘Do What U Want’ With R. Kelly At 2013 AMAs

Sun, November 24, 2013 10:30pm EDT by 11 Comments
Lady Gaga Performance AMAs
Getty

outraged

Posted at 3:02 PM on December 17, 2013

I think it isdisgusting that Gaga supports a man who has raped numerous teenage girls much less that the song has him singing “I can do what I want to your body”. Gross and I lose a lot of respect for Lady Gaga.

EDERSON MAIA

Posted at 3:48 PM on December 14, 2013

Hum! putz

Kinza

Posted at 4:37 PM on November 25, 2013

Very disappointed. I expect better from Gaga.

Elvis Presley

Posted at 8:18 AM on November 25, 2013

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Posted at 12:59 PM on November 25, 2013

I was impressed! At first I thought Gaga was a Madonna clone because she seemed to attack the same themes as Madonna, religon and sex, although to be fair, Madonna and Stefani do share the same catholic background growing up. So yes, both performers can be inspired by the same theme due to the mutual background. But why not expand on that message more? During Gaga’s concerts, her interpretation wasn’t quite as up to par to Madonna’s, and it showed, because her tours often seemed incoherent in an actual message. I mean aliens and eggs for brithing an idea – come on Gaga – your creativity is more broad than that!

Yet this performance obviously showed you thinking more on how to attack society and sexuality, with another point of being used and exploited.

So I will say, originally, Gag’s tours focused too much on the gaga-ness – which is good to the point – but then it just got weird and extreme. What is the point of being different, unique, etc, if you recycle the same message from the last generation? It seemed Gaga was replicating Madonna’s message, but at the same time, I will admit Britney, Christina and other artists have done the same thing, not just Gaga.

However this time Gaga is still courting controvery, like Madonna, but she’s using other material, like world events and how they impact us. The Monica/Bill Clinton comparison was really well thought out as it related to how she feels used by the media.

Yet, I will say too Gaga, as a gay male I felt used by you and your team for exploiting the gay community to get more of an audience. Although I know your sponsors pushed you to be the gay advocate, because you were new and needred more exposure. However the commerical driven side of it showed more than the desire to help those who are different. But I think that’s apparent to Gaga because she’s not pushing the BTW campaign as much, and just pushing the ArtPop scene, which to create based on pop culture.

So now, Gaga, I see you’re not a Madonna clone, and your material now shows more originality than your earlier work. Yet it’s nice to get homage from other artisits, but it’s another, to expand that artist’s message, than to just mimic it.

So this time, I give you kudos Gaga on the performance. Now I see a smart woman who is a good entertainer, with a magnificent voice, who really puts thought into her work, instead of just being here to shock and get our attention.

Now you’ve got our attention, Gaga, start working on the message, whether it be controversial topics of discussion, or to just keep us entertained, so you can keep us listening. 4.5 starts out of 5.

Celso

Posted at 1:23 PM on November 25, 2013

You even giver her a grade? What a loser. LMAO

Celso

Posted at 7:13 AM on November 25, 2013

Shocking? Great performance?
Nobody even noticed.
I’m not a J-Lo’s fan but the best performance by far was her’s.

aymar swan

Posted at 4:52 AM on November 25, 2013

omg!!

Lola's Journal

Posted at 12:24 AM on November 25, 2013

Reblogged this on Nobody brings it like: Lola.

Jeff Jones

Posted at 12:03 AM on November 25, 2013

I think this is a great performance full of meaning! My wife Jeanine and I loved this performance! Girl can sing!!

Vader Gaga

Posted at 11:55 PM on November 24, 2013

Gaga surprised me yet again. even i think Lady Gaga is weird sometimes. but i really loved this performance. Go Gaga, i love you! <3