There is no doubt about it — it has been Miley’s best year ever! She came in like a wrecking ball this year, and in honor of her 21st birthday, we’re counting down all her best moments. Click through our gallery to see her glam looks from the year!
Miley Cyrus has twerked her way to the big 2-1! In the past year, the singer released her new album, Bangerz, collaborated with huge stars like Britney Spears and Future, and put on one of the most-talked-about performances ever. Happy Birthday!
Miley Cyrus’ 21st Birthday — Best Moments
Happy birthday, Miley! In honor of the big day, we’re diving right in to some of our favorite moments of her year.
1. Miley goes spiky-chic for Met Gala.
The theme of the 2013 Met Gala was PUNK: Chaos To Couture, and Miley pulled it off perfectly in a fishnet Marc Jacobs gown — and super spiky hair! The singer proved (once again) that her Hannah Montana days (and her hair) are long gone.
2. Miley releases two videos — “We Can’t Stop” & “Wrecking Ball”
On June 19, Miley released the video for “We Can’t Stop,” the first off her upcoming album, which showed off a sexier side of her than we’d ever seen before and contained a whole lot of twerking, teddy bears and a nearly nude Miley! Then, she actually went nude for her next video on September 9, “Wrecking Ball” . . . and she looked better than ever!
3. Miley drops Bangerz album.
After months and months (and months) of teasing us, Miley dropped her album, Bangerz, and it was by far one of her most risqué ones ever! It includes super sexy songs like “#GETITRIGHT,” “FU” and “Drive,” and even some amazing love ballads like “Adore You” and “My Darlin’.” The album got incredible reviews and was definitely one of her most intimate, raw and real expressions to date.
4. Miley creates the most popular Halloween costume ever.
The performance seen ’round the world occurred at the 2013 VMAs when Miley performed her hit song, “We Can’t Stop,” before collaborating with Robin Thicke on his song, “Blurred Lines.” Needless to say, she blurred many, many lines — and we love her for it.
5. Miley hosts and performs on ‘SNL.’On Oct. 26, Miley took the stage on Saturday Night Live, not only as the musical guest but as the host, too! She made fun of herself, and proved that no matter what was going on in the media, and no matter how much clothing she was taking off, she had the voice and the personality that won us all over from the start.
Happy Birthday, Miley! Here’s to another great year!
— Emily Longeretta
More Miley Cyrus News:
- Miley Cyrus Rocks Two Hairstyles In 15 Minutes — Vote On Your Fave
- Miley Cyrus & Benji Madden: See The First Pic Of Them Hooking Up
- Miley Cyrus: Why Benji Madden Could Be Perfect For Her Right Now