‘X Factor’ Upset: Khaya Cohen Went Home Too Soon

Fri, November 22, 2013 11:11am EDT by 26 Comments
Khaya Cohen Eliminated X Factor
Courtesy of Fox

Natasha

Posted at 12:53 PM on December 28, 2013

Can’t wait to hear her recorded music. She was the best voice in this show.

nando loureiro

Posted at 6:27 AM on November 30, 2013

sung the wrong songs, blame it on Demi Lovato! Demi`s fault.

Mindy M.

Posted at 10:47 PM on November 28, 2013

What qualifies Demi Lovato to “mentor” or judge anyone? (Stupid little Disney prodigy.) This is not the last we have seen of Khaya Cohen.She is an absolute jem. I adore Alex and Sierra. They seem to be the only genuine talent left on the show now that Lillie’s gone. I sure hope they win. Their rendition of Taylor Swift’s ‘Trouble’ was an absolute hoot!

JOY VONCILE

Posted at 5:55 PM on November 23, 2013

THE TEENI-BOPPERS THAT WATCH THIS SHOW WOULDN’T KNOW A GREAT VOICE IF THEY HEARD IT. KHAYA HAD THE BEST VOICE BY FAR ON THE SHOW AND CERTAINLY DIDN’T DESERVE TO LEAVE. I HAVE NO INTEREST NOW IN WHO WINS!

Marilyn Maya Mendoza

Posted at 7:03 PM on November 23, 2013

I am so with you on this. I think she was the best and her save song still gives me chills. Please friend me on facebook so we can help make this wonderful talented girl the star she is. Aloha

Joan Dean-Edwards

Posted at 11:35 AM on November 26, 2013

me neither

Robert Webb

Posted at 4:21 PM on November 23, 2013

Yes,she went home too soon. A great talent

elena weintraub

Posted at 4:08 PM on November 23, 2013

Not watching this show anymore…..it is a joke, and the imterest is gone.
Farewell to F f ctor.

Jenny

Posted at 4:21 PM on November 23, 2013

An amazing young lady. Yes……she went too early

Marilyn Maya Mendoza

Posted at 7:05 PM on November 23, 2013

Hello Elena,
Did her save song make you cry like it did me? I was watching just because of her. Friend me if you like so we can do something for her. Aloha

Isadora

Posted at 2:21 PM on November 23, 2013

This elimination was a tragedy!! I agree with the elimination of Tim. But, Khaya Cohen??
one of the best voices of all seasons!!! And after the death of Amy Winehouse the entire world
needs to listen her incredible voice that can remind us Amy!
She can’t stop singing! Brazil loves her! After that, i believe too that Lillie McCloud deserves to win, because now, there is no one in the competition to compete on her level!!!

Marilyn Maya Mendoza

Posted at 7:07 PM on November 23, 2013

Hello Isadora, and to Brazil,
Yes, she was like a young Amy Winehouse. I want to buy her save song but it is not available. I know she will be a star. If you want to friend me on facebook I would be honored. Aloha

Joan Dean-Edwards

Posted at 11:36 AM on November 26, 2013

exactly

Pat

Posted at 12:39 PM on November 23, 2013

It’s always the same on these singing competitions, where viewers vote. Khama was from NY and it seems that the fan base is always in the southern states. She was one of my favourites. Some of the other acts sure are corny, but they get the votes.

jody

Posted at 9:35 AM on November 23, 2013

My family just happened to discuss the x factors loss of Khaya Cohen the other night and it seems that we all feel that she was not voted off because of her vocals. We hope that Khaya finds her place in the music industry and shows those that didn’t vote for her that they need to think before they vote. Good luck Khaya

Flávia

Posted at 9:51 PM on November 22, 2013

Here in Brazil Khaya Cohen was the big favorite, we were disappointed eat your disposal .. We hope it becomes a great singer of success!Sorry for my english

Marilyn Maya Mendoza

Posted at 7:09 PM on November 23, 2013

Hello Flavia,
I am so happy that Brazil, a country I always wanted to go to loved Khaya. Wasn’t her save song great. Aloha

Linda grant

Posted at 8:40 PM on November 22, 2013

I think khaya took bad advice from Demi. She should have followed her gut instinct and stayed true to her old soul of r and b. please make an album. What a pleasure to hear you sing.

Marilyn Maya Mendoza

Posted at 7:10 PM on November 23, 2013

Hello Linda,
I am still looking for her save song on line to buy it but no luck. Yes, I would buy her album and it should sound like her save song. Aloha

michelle

Posted at 6:12 PM on November 22, 2013

Khaya did not deserve to go. One of the best voices on the show. I hope Lillie moves on now. Khaya will find success, I’m sure!

sammy

Posted at 6:21 PM on November 22, 2013

they will never allow a jewish performer to win it…

Marilyn Maya Mendoza

Posted at 7:11 PM on November 23, 2013

Hello Sammy,
I thought the same thing and from NYC to boot. I would love to hear more from you. Aloha

Maritza

Posted at 4:49 PM on November 22, 2013

Khaya Cohen should not have been let go. She was one of my faborites, if not my favorite. This season there is no one that I truly enjoy every week. Khaya’s voice reminded me of Amy Winehouse. She’s amazing I hope she makes it big!

Marilyn Maya Mendoza

Posted at 7:13 PM on November 23, 2013

Hello Martitza,
I loved her save song and want to see her make it big. But How? Aloha

Jasmine

Posted at 2:17 PM on November 22, 2013

Khaya should’ve never been sent home. I think her voice is big enough and beautiful enough to win the competition. I was very sad to see her go. Now that she’s gone, my next favorite is Lilly McCloud. She is the only other contestant with a voice that deserves to win.

miriam

Posted at 11:39 AM on November 22, 2013

I really hope that alex and sierra win !