‘Scandal’ Fans, It’s Time To Stop Hating On Mellie

Fri, November 15, 2013 11:08am EDT by 10 Comments
Scandal Mellie Rape
Courtesy of ABC (3)

Jnmile

Posted at 4:24 AM on July 19, 2014

Everyone keeps saying her rape was a cheap move by the producers and the writer. I disagree. I believe it should us the exact turning point when Mellie became Cold. Watching her facials during that scene told it all. How she went from strong person yelling and fighting Big Jerry to unwillingly giving away a part of herself. Mellie’s rape was the turning part and we need to see that.

elisa17@hotmail.co.uk

Posted at 9:15 AM on December 28, 2013

Fitz treats Mellie badly for the reason the viewers dont like her, she’s standing in the way of true love, the whole rape thing did make me have some respect for her but that doesn’t mean fitz owes her a relationship because of it.

brittany

Posted at 4:05 PM on November 26, 2013

I believe that Mellie is truly misunderstood. In life the things you experience can play a part in how you are as a person and Mellie’s past has really affected her. I don’t get why people don’t like her. Yeah she isn’t the greatest but you know that she is honest. She just wants to be loved and has really tried to make her marriage work.

Richard Rountree

Posted at 3:38 AM on November 26, 2013

I’ll be honest, I have not been a faithful “Scandalite,” but I caught he beginning and caught up on all of last season. Mellie to me was ride or die from jump AND she’s cute. As a black male, I was routing against the Liv/Fritz affair from the beginning. Mellie’s background falls completely into character (tho none of them are innocent–including Liv’s Mom), I’m sure Liv will be called out for what she truly is…

Thomas Jefferson

Posted at 11:37 AM on December 21, 2013

Are you really a Black male ….”Richard Rountree” lmao. Stop it. No straight guys watch Scandal, let alone set there routing against a some make believe T.V. relationship. Nice try though. Btw are you a freelance troll or a PAID ONE?

diaskeaus

Posted at 6:41 PM on November 23, 2013

That’s because as we will find out soon (I’m calling it), Millie’s first son (Jerry) will actually be Jerry’s son, not Fitz’s.

Arthur

Posted at 1:34 PM on December 22, 2013

I definitely think in the upcoming episodes that we will find out that Mellies first child is Jerry’s son.

miss toria

Posted at 7:03 AM on November 16, 2013

Wow,let’s just say mellie made her choice and fitz is not †̥ ßε̲̣̣̣ blamed, first of all, fitz already told her †̥ pack up S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ can go bk home,but mellie was being mellie n loves the idea of being in the governors mansion n going all the way †̥ first lady… I still think mellie is well mellie and her past only proves dat,she shld av trust her husband. Well enuf †̥ tell him wat happened,but she didn’t cos she has her motives and pls I dnt blame fitz,funny †̥o know jerry is fitz lil brother,olitz is still the best.. Mellie is okay, but fitz isn’t for her period

Li

Posted at 7:54 PM on November 15, 2013

Why is Olivia unconditionally loved? The love of her life is a very married man she can’t keep away from and she (along with Fitz) have no qualms about throwing her love in Mellie’s face. I like to think of Olivia as the anti-hero: a very flawed person trying to whitewash her clients’ (and her’s) bad behavior. Mellie has only wanted Fitz to live up to his potential and last night’s episode only proved this to be true.

Judy

Posted at 9:18 AM on November 16, 2013

I couldn’t have said it better myself. Just because they are supposedly in love does not make it right. An affair/adultery is still wrong-I don’t care who you are. Mellie still loves him and has so much invested-that she can’t let go. She is an insecure and scared woman who if she could get some courage and self esteem-leave him and never look back. She wants to think she is the true Southern Belle but really is only a scared little girl. Fitz has taken advantage of her and used her throughout the years-and his father raping her was the ultimate act of violence. I like her more and Fitz less-he only wants what makes him feel good and now what he can’t have-which is Olivia. If he was able to be with her and even marry her-then his boredom would probably rear it’s head and he would find another to have an affair with. He seems to have some Narcissistic tendencies and Mellie-the co-dependant. You see it in real life between Bill and Hillary Clinton. Hillary is a super smart lady and has a lot going for her but when she was first lady-she stayed in the background. Just like Bill-Fitz feels entitled-to flaunt his affair in his wife’s face. Finally Mellie told him how she felt and I think he really thought about what he has done to her-for once. I am not a fan of his nor Olivia nor Mellie-as they are all flawed characters but not far off from how relationships are so complicated in real life.