Kendall, 18, and Kylie 16, have conquered both designing and modeling at such young ages, so it’s no surprise they’ve landed on ‘Time’ magazine’s “16 Most Influential Teens of 2013″ along with 14 inspirational others.
Congratulations! Malala Yousafzai, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, and Justin Bieber all landed on the prestigious list — and completely deserve it! They’ve had extremely successful careers, especially this year, and definitely deserve the honor. Read the full list below.
Justin Bieber Lands On ‘Time’ Magazine’s ‘Most Influential Teens’ List
The list by TIME magazine includes 16 teens, ranging from as young as 14 to as old as 19. Did your favorite young star make the cut?
1. Singer Lorde tops the list. With a hit song, “Royals,” she’s actually been criticized for dissing tons of huge artists — from Selena Gomez to Taylor Swift. However, it doesn’t discount the fact that at 17, the New Zealander beauty has an incredible voice.
2. Lydia Ko is next on the list. At 16, the South Korean pro golfer is the youngest to ever win a professional golf tour event, and to win an LPGA tour event. She’s ranked fifth in the LPGA!
3. Nick D’Aloisio is a name you may not remember — but you should. At 17, Yahoo’s CEO Marissa Mayer bought the app he created for $30 million! He’s now 18 and has more money than quite a few big-wigs.
4. Gold medalist Missy Franklin competed at the 2012 Olympics where she earned the title of “winningest female singer ever at a world meet” — and she’s only 18. She has a total of eight gold medals, and while she was offered millions in endorsements, she turned it down to get her college degree.
5/6. Kendall, 18, and Kylie, 16 don’t only come from reality-TV royalty, they’re making their success on their own, too. The sisters launched a fashion line for PacSun, in addition to taking on multiple fashion shoots through the year!
7. Dante de Blasio, the son of mayor, Bill de Blasio was noticed for his campaign ad — the one that even caught President Barack Obama‘s eye, because of his incredible afro!
8. Malala Yousafzai was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, and awarded the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought and the Clinton Global Citizen Award — and she’s only 16. After being shot in the neck and head by the Taliban for being a vocal activist — and the attack only made her voice louder.
9. The youngest on the list is 14-year-old Kiernan Shipka, the actress who plays Sally Draper on Mad Men — she’s been in the role since she was six and a half, but isn’t even allowed to watch the show!
10. At 19, Ionut Budisteanu‘s design of a self-driving car won him first place in the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair for high school students — and was awarded $75,000!
11. The daughter of the Barack and Michelle Obama, Malia Obama, is one of the most mature 15-year-olds ever, and works hard to maintain a normal life while still helping her family with their high demands.
12. Maya Van Wagenen, 15, taught everyone the importance of keeping a diary — she followed tips form a 1950s self-help book, to create her own for other women who looked for help on day-to-day lessons. She landed a deal with Penguin for her book, Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Mondern Geek — and was paid over six figures for it. Then in October, DreamWorks wanted the rights for it, making her “the youngest non-actor to ever make a [movie] deal.”
13. We know you know Justin Bieber, 19, pretty well. While he has had a fair-share of run-ins this past year, it doesn’t shade his success as an artist, valued at $58 million. He still holds the record for youngest solo male to reach no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
14. High school student Beth Reekles, wrote a story at 17, and shared it online. The Kissing Booth earned more than 19 million views, and landed her a three-book deal with Random House! She still plans o attending college for physics!
15. In the remake of Carrie, Chloe Grace Moretz, 16, is terrifying! But in real life, she’s one of the most positive girls in Hollywood. Her next role will be in 2014’s Laggie, where she’s working alongside Kiera Knightly!
16. Last but not least is Hailee Steinfeld, who was nominated for an Oscar in 2010 for her role in True Grit — which was her first acting job. She also recently starred in the new version of Romeo & Juliet!
Did your favorite teen star make the list?
— Emily Longeretta
More Celebrity Lists:
- Prince George Tops List Of Britain’s Major Fashion Trendsetters Of 2013
- Jennifer Lawrence V. Kristen Stewart: Who’s The Highest Paid Actress?
- Gwyneth Paltrow Named ‘People’ Magazine’s Most Beautiful Woman