Kat Robichaud Should Not Have Been Saved On ‘The Voice’

Wed, November 13, 2013 11:03am EST by 16 Comments
Courtesy of NBC

Vocal

Posted at 6:09 PM on November 20, 2013

Wow, cannot believe Kat got turfed. I look forward to her sets. Almost get the feeling this show has become a country show…while I appreciate a good country song, Blake has turned this show into a one trick pony.

Twyla Do

Posted at 12:09 PM on November 30, 2013

I’d have to disagree, since there’s only one country performer left and all of them on all teams deserve to be there. Kat’s shaky voice doesn’t match her energetic performances. I would have loved to see them give her songs that better suited her voice, so she’d still be in the game.

ben

Posted at 1:04 PM on November 16, 2013

briana cuoco should of been in the final 12 instead of josh i mean he’s good but he’s very bland there isn’t anything particularly amazing about him and i’m really not surprised he was eliminated. having said that it is just my opinion also i do love the fact that with the voice the competition level is so high that even my least favourite is incredibly talented.

marita1j

Posted at 1:00 PM on November 16, 2013

The author is just plain wrong. I totally understand what she is saying though. My very first emotional favorite is Jonny!! I voted EVERY possible way for him the first time. I LOVE HIM!! I love his voice. I love his vibe. I love everything about him. But he didn’t give it on that last song and he could have. I was holding on watching him like I was riding a roller coaster. I was like.. COME ON JONNY give me something!! And he didn’t. I KNEW he would be in trouble and I am sick about it. I LOVE HIM. Josh was not memorable to me and I didn’t like what he did to the Man in the Mirror. You have to perform that song to the FULLEST to get away with it..its still to soon!! But KAT–her voice is AMAZING. She is amazing. She is giving it her all. She is showing us who she is and its the beginning. Watch as she gets better and better. She definitely deserved to stay. She was the EXACT right choice. I am not sure if I would have watched anymore if she wasn’t saved!! So its just opinion and tastes I suppose. But I LOVE THIS SHOW!! And I LOVE the Twitter audience saving Kat. Its showing me that its still the right audience!! LOVE THE VOICE!!

Mski

Posted at 11:55 PM on November 14, 2013

Seems we all have an opinion. In a vote the majority rules. Seems the vast majority completely disagree with the author/critic here. The right performer was saved.

LadySavage

Posted at 11:38 PM on November 14, 2013

There is a lot of good talent this season, but Kat is by far the fiercest and a force that can’t be stopped. She is the one that catches your eye the most. Her voice is amazing in every way possible, no matter what she sings. She may possibly be a threat to most of the competition but she most certainly does not belong in any bottom list. She will go far only because she is raw, real and powerful. Everyone is unique on this show but no one has come out lately that is like Kat. Only Lzzy Hale. (not from the Voice, just in general). Stop hating her because you’re threatened that she will be your eye candy. She’s what the music business needs!

LadySavage

Posted at 11:40 PM on November 14, 2013

Beat your eye candy ** not be.

hear me out

Posted at 4:32 PM on November 14, 2013

I actually think it may have been rigged this time around. I mean they decided to start this twittet crap and save an artist that way but really what are they doing? They just want more people to actually watch the Results Show because we all know that Results Shows tend to have way less viewers/ratings than their Performance Shows.

I mean really its an hour full of boring side performances (mostly, usually theres one good one) and buildup so that the last 5 minutes can be spent on who goes home!

It used to just be the bottom 2 just get eliminated, but i feel to make the results show more appealing to viewers they implemented this twitter save thing but i feel like they already know who is going home and already set it and disguise it to make more controversy about it… I personally think that Kat was not in the bottom 3 and that Josh and Jonny were literally the bottom 2 votes and were already going home anyways. They purposely switched the person who was third from the bottom (i personally think it was Austin he didnt even chart on the top 100 downloads along with Josh and Jonny) and switched it w/someone they knew didnt deserve to go or people would talk about(which was Kat this time) so creating this self-fullfilling prophecy that ‘it works’ but really they just sent the two people out that were bottom of the pack anyways. In reality i wished they just didnt do this twitter thing because i feel like its not making a difference. And like i said its makig it seemed more rigged than it really is or was.

The talent this year is speaking for itself and many could win. What i love about this show is how it wasnt so production influenced but some things like this is making me wonder.

Edgar Red

Posted at 3:39 PM on November 14, 2013

Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man. She was fifth among voice contestants on iTune sales(40th overall in top 200) and had the second most views on The Voice YouTube channel after Monday night performances. I don’t think she belonged in the bottom three at all, and I don’t know why she isn’t getting the votes when she is clearly very popular. It makes me sad.

Deric

Posted at 1:40 PM on November 14, 2013

Josh is beyond forgettable, he Is talented. But I can’t remember any of his performances or anything about him.

Kat however is so memorable and I personally thought that she was the best of the night. Her rendition of Sail was AMAZING!

My favorites for the season however are Jacquie Lee and Caroline Pennell and I hope Caroline takes home the cake.

Aem

Posted at 8:50 AM on November 14, 2013

Josh was a great imitator, but in his limited attempts at going outside the original song (limited really to most of ‘Crazy’ and little parts of ‘Man in the Mirror’) he didn’t do anything to suggest a shelf life longer than the top 12. Jonny was a bit different (and better), but it just goes to show that even a single misstep from this stage of the competition onwards can be fatal. Terrible song choice, bad performance, and he was gone. To be honest I was surprised Kat was in the bottom 3 after a quite powerful rendition, even if the tempo still seemed a little slow for her to give her best performance – I thought Austin Jenckes would have been down there instead (with Jonny saved). He was underwhelming.

miss meliss

Posted at 12:24 PM on November 13, 2013

Jonny and Josh were boring and not that interesting it was simple as that! Out of the Top 12 those two werent on my radar to win so im not surpised theyre the first two out. Im surprised Kat was in the bottom 3 because I found her performance to be better than a lot of the others, but my guess is that some people dont get her or just arent appealed to her style..

I think Adam’s team is very lucky they established a fanbase because I actually found Tessanne, James, and Will to be generally boring this time around especially since they all performed well last week.

I like Kat and Caroline, Jackie and Cole right now…

Matthew is a frontrunner but we will see if he can keep performing well or if he will plateau. I dont really care for Ray or Austin but I feel like theyre two ‘All American’ types and may get the votes to stay but I just find them to be sort of boring as well.

Despite my comments I do actually find this to be the most talented top 12 and Id say it still anyone’s game right now brcause of the versatile talent that is going on.

abraham

Posted at 11:58 AM on November 13, 2013

I LOOOOOOOVE BALD VAGINA’S, folks!!

whatever

Posted at 11:47 AM on November 13, 2013

Totally disagree Jonny was so boring that I cant believe he made it past Knockouts… just because Adam and Blake got to put their worthless two cents in doesnt mean theyre right.

I actually dont think Kat was even in the bottom 3 because on the itunes download charts she ranked 41 in downloads.. Pretty much even with Caroline, but higher than all of Adam’s team, Josh Logan, and Austin Jenckes. So obviously either more votes are in the online and phone votes or that for once the download charts arent coinciding with the overall votes like they have the last two seasons.

Kat is awesome she has the performance factor down and better than the rest maybe her voice isnt everyone’s cup of tea but I love it, we havnt had girl quite like her on the Voice and she deserves to be there.

Patricia

Posted at 3:06 PM on November 15, 2013

I think Kat sucks. She’s a one trick pony and to hear her screech is nasty.

marita1j

Posted at 12:52 PM on November 16, 2013

You need to have your snacks and go nite nite darling… Teeny boppers have NEVER commanded outcomes on the THE VOICE and I PRAY it doesn’t start happening NOW. Go watch A.I…. that’s the talent you like Patricia!! KAT rocked.. SHE WAS TOP ON YOU TUBE. Her voice is PURE– I look forward to more from her!! She’s a rocker at heart, but looking forward to hearing that pure voice open up and sing different types of songs!! She definitely should have stayed. She is awesome and I look forward to more from ALL these guys!!! And let me say HOW unfair the save on Twitter is because 1/2 the nation has NO SAY IN IT!! We out here on the West Coast have NO SAY AT ALL!!! We don’t get to save anyone on Twitter!! So there’s that too!! But keeping my fingers crossed that The Voice is NOT appealing to the teeny boppers and stays with the more mature audiences!!!