Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson Pose For First ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Cover

Wed, November 13, 2013 3:28pm EDT by 35 Comments
Fifty Shades Of Grey Cover
Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Sunny

Posted at 1:30 AM on January 21, 2014

I agree with everyone who thinks Matt Bomer and Emilia Clarke to play these characters. Clearly there are better choices. Whereas Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, they don’t even resemble the characters described in the book. Anastacia is a beautiful, young, innocent girl which Dakota (in my opinion) won’t be able to pull it off. Christian should have more intensity in his eyes and be more broad shouldered. My first choice would definitely be Matt Bomer.

Sarah

Posted at 11:02 AM on January 3, 2014

I don’t think either of these people should play these roles. Neither of them live up to the descriptions in the book. Anna is supposed to look innocent and young and flawless, I’m sorry but Dakota doesn’t do any of that for me. Also, Jamie is no christian Grey, his traits dont strike me as Christain at all. If these producers want to do well on this then they need to choose a cast that the audience agrees with!!! I think they need to do a recasting because if they dont this will just be another flop film that tried to make a film from a book, and all it’s going to accomplish is dissapoint a great deal of people.I would vote either emilia clarke or michelle trachtenberg, they both embody Anna the best with their innocent look, however i think emilia clarke looks a bit more innocent and a bit more anna to me. I think emilia clarke would be the perfect choice to play anna’s role. They also are both pale with blue eyes and long brown hair. As for Christian i think that is a lot harder, i can’t really decide because nobody looks like him to me. But, i suppose, if i had to choose it would be collin egglesfield, gilles c paris, matt bomer, liam hemsworth maybe, and possibly even jessie pavelka but they would have to cover up his tattoos because Christian doesn’t have any. Please recast and definitely pick emilia clarke, i guess i would be ok with any of the above christians but the two people for christian and anna right noe hve got to go, dornan and johnson SIMPLY DONT FIT INTO THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!! DON’T RUIN IT FOR THE FANS!!!

KING AND COUNTRY

Posted at 4:44 PM on November 25, 2013

She is a BRITISH ACTRESS, HL! NOT AMERICAN! If you’re going to write these actor biographies then get their biographies RIGHT! This is a BRITISH NOVEL SET IN BRITAIN WITH BRITISH CHARACTERS AND BRITISH ACTORS! WHO CARES that the American version never sold in America! THIS BOOK AND MOVIE IS NOT INTENDED FOR AMERICA, HL!

LadyBurton

Posted at 11:02 AM on December 12, 2013

I’m confused. Are you saying Dakota is British? We all know she isn’t. Am I missing something?

Jane

Posted at 1:51 PM on November 24, 2013

At least jamie is handsome, this dakota in other hand as a really old looking face, nothing of youthful and innocent about her, in fact she looks realy skank

leah Vee

Posted at 2:01 AM on November 23, 2013

I didn’t know making yourself look like you are going to cry and biting your nails shows innocence.
Ana is suppose to LOOK innocent, not do things that make her look innocent..
Look Jamie is hot okay but he is no Christian Grey.. He might have similar traits but his like thin and doesn’t have broad shoulders..
He doesn’t exude dominance.. Looking at him doesn’t make me weak in the knees and I won’t stop just to look at him if he walked into a restaurant..
Matt Bomer on the other hand doesn’t even have to try to do any of those things cause he just has it..
The fact that his gay shouldn’t be in the way of him getting a movie, I think that’s just wrong..
Dakota is just No, I don’t even have anything nice to say about her

juli garcia

Posted at 4:54 PM on December 12, 2013

I do like both of them, they look hot and I’m A FAN A BIG FAN of this book. I can wait to see them in action.