‘The Day of the Doctor’ is almost upon us! In just 11 days, Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith’s goodbye will begin with the series’ 50th anniversary special, which will be broadcast simultaneously worldwide.
Fiftieth anniversary specials are cool. And since Doctor Who‘s is a mere 11 days away, we thought we’d kick things off by listing the eleven things we’re dying to see when “The Day of the Doctor” arrives. Read below to find out what they are, fellow Whovians!
‘The Day of the Doctor’: 11 Things We Need To See
1. As much David Tennant as humanly possible. Ten’s cheeky wit next to Eleven’s childlike, whimsical “innocence” should be magical.
2. As much Rose Tyler as humanly possible, because she is the perfect human.
3. All things Time War. A poster for the special reveals John Hurt’s “Forgotten Doctor” walking away from an exploding TARDIS, while Daleks fight in the background. The Time War happened in between the 1996 Who movie and the rebooted series, so we know very little about it — and it definitely seems like Hurt’s character is the Gallifrey war criminal we’ve heard so much about. A disgraceful forgotten memory from the Doctor’s past? We’re in.
4. An explanation for the exploding TARDIS. We never learned why the TARDIS exploded on Rory and Amy’s wedding day, so an explanation would be nice. And awesome.
5. Bad Wolf Rose. The poster also contained these infamous words, which Rose once used as a warning to herself after she gained some crazy temporal abilities and communicated to herself through time. Is there more to the story that we don’t already know?
5. The Zygons’ original form. The last time we saw these baddies in their true form, Gerald Ford was in office. It’s time for Zygons 2.0, and we can’t wait to see what Doctor Who‘s vastly increased special effects budget will deliver.
6. All of the TARDIS-es. We know from the trailer that Ten pays a visit to Eleven’s TARDIS, and doesn’t like what he sees. The comedy from these scenes should be absolute gold, and we’re also really hoping for a peek at John Hurt’s old-school TARDIS. Seeing our beloved Ten’s old TARDIS would probably lead to waterworks, but that’s what happens when Ten becomes involved in anything. Sigh.
7. The destruction of Gallifrey, via the Daleks. Haven’t you always wanted to visit Gallifrey? Haven’t you always wanted to see the Daleks actually properly exterminate something for once? Maybe their endless threats won’t seem so empty once we see these bad boys in action.
8. The Master (and/or Rassilon). When we last saw this lovely fella in “The End of Time” he disappeared — along with Rassilon, of course — back to the Time War, thanks to Ten’s trusty time-lock skills. Therefore, it would definitely make sense if The Master played a major role in this latest chapter in the Time War saga.
9. Some characterization for Clara, because right now, she still doesn’t have any — unless “loves tight skirts” can be considered a character trait.
10. Captain Jack Harness. (Hey, a girl can dream.)
11. Bow ties. Because they’re cool!
What do you think, Whovian HollywoodLifers? What are you most excited to see when the big day finally arrives?
– Shaunna Murphy
More ‘Doctor Who’ News:
- Peter Capaldi Cast As Doctor Who: Fans’ Excited Reactions On Twitter
- ‘Doctor Who’: Peter Capaldi Cast As The Next Time Lord
- Matt Smith: ‘Doctor Who’ Actor Is Leaving The Series