‘The Voice’ Recap: Top 12 Revealed After Eliminations

Thu, November 7, 2013 9:04pm EDT by 19 Comments
Top 12 The Voice
Courtesy of NBC

sierra

Posted at 4:57 AM on November 11, 2013

How weird to send Preston home. Guess Adam doesn’t want to win this year either.

sandy jones

Posted at 12:21 PM on November 9, 2013

NBC, why not post the total votes that each contestant receives (I always have a question about honesty in the reporting of actual winners)? this not only brings more transparency to the competition, it allows the contestant to know how the audience feels about their singing. of course song choice, by the coaches, can doom a singer!

Ashley Nicole

Posted at 1:30 AM on November 9, 2013

I’m so mad that Preston got sent home!!! Why in the world would Adam pick Will over him?!?! Other than that I am pretty happy with how things turned out. I will miss watching Nick perform but based on the “voice” alone I do think Blake made the right choice in sending him home.

Kiki Magal

Posted at 11:06 PM on November 8, 2013

Adam is a fraud. He didn’t pick Preston due to the numbers while letting the less talented Will go through. Shame on you Adam. Your credibility is gone for me. Why didn’t you cultivate the more talented Preston and eventually he would have garnered the votes? Really dumb move.

Colleen

Posted at 5:43 PM on November 8, 2013

Maybe the Preston fans were like me: I totally forgot to vote!! I had seen an online poll of 6000+ votes that put Preston in second place behind Tessanne (among the Monday performers). I was shocked that he did not get voted in and even more shocked that Adam didn’t save him. Very disappointed, but yeh, I should’ve voted :(

Jim

Posted at 2:15 AM on November 8, 2013

Preston was a victim of numbers. Adam had the strongest overall team. Preston would have beaten out half the people that stayed on the other teams. He has a very unique voice and I love his style. However, Will out-performed him and is much more versatile. Preston is a little one-dimensional and he can’t just go out there and sing Electric Feel five more times. He has a bright future though. Will can pretty much sing anything and he’s always on top of his game. Preston had a great blind audition but his other performances weren’t as good as they should have been. If America ranks you no better than 3rd on your own team, then you have no real gripes. If he had performed better, then he would have been voted in or he would have made Adam’s decision easy.

cindy l

Posted at 3:51 PM on November 8, 2013

I totally agree. I thought Preston was a front runner after electric feel but poor song choice and range sealed his fate. Now Matthew’s the one to watch.

Mike

Posted at 1:16 AM on November 8, 2013

I can’t believe you sent Peston home!! Your a dork!

Glenda

Posted at 1:05 AM on November 8, 2013

I think we will all miss Nick, He’s a performer!!

Jocelyne Surdin

Posted at 12:57 AM on November 8, 2013

Preston should have been saved. Adam blew it. Voted for Jackie & Mathew as well as Caroline and Johnny Gray. Wish Nic Hawk would have been saved. Team Blake will not win this year. I think it will be between Team Celo and Team Christina.

Lori Gaither

Posted at 12:20 AM on November 8, 2013

Everyone I voted for stayed, am happy.

abe

Posted at 11:56 PM on November 7, 2013

so Suïcides were plenty that night!!

Schansler0001

Posted at 11:29 PM on November 7, 2013

America did pick 2 out of 3? I think they should get to choose one of them! I was pretty happy with all decisions, EXCEPT I wanted Preston Pohl to stay, and I would’ve chosen Amber Nicole instead of Kat. I think she’s a good singer, just can’t stand her performance- stomping and prancing around like a horse! Also, I think I liked either Nic of Shelbie better than Cole, but they’re all GREAT! My favs right now are prolly Jacquie, Ray, Caroline, and Matt, but I do really like the rest too! There are sooooooo many amazing singers this season!

Fan

Posted at 12:46 AM on November 8, 2013

Ah come on–horses are graceful! No need to insult a beautiful animal in your fully justified criticism of a talentless screecher who has no place in the top 12.

Linda

Posted at 1:13 AM on November 8, 2013

that is really really mean……..shame on you.

Aimal Farooq

Posted at 11:04 PM on November 7, 2013

What the heck? The judges decide who goes home? Why did I waste my time voting for Nic and Preston ugh.

Jim

Posted at 2:10 AM on November 8, 2013

America votes for the top 2. The rest of America didn’t agree with your choices. If you don’t rank higher than 3rd in votes on your own team, then you’re in the hands of your coach for elimination.

Lopez

Posted at 10:45 PM on November 7, 2013

What have we voted for when the jury is making the decisions for the top 12?

Olly

Posted at 11:38 PM on November 7, 2013

smhhhh… We voted for to save two from each team… the coach has the power to save one who they wants to go forward!!!!