One Direction’s ‘Story Of My Life’ Is The Group’s Most Emotional Video Yet

Mon, November 4, 2013 11:16am EDT by 11 Comments

We’ve had ‘Story Of My Life’ on repeat all weekend, and now, we’re sharing our five favorite moments with our fellow Directioners.

Before they sprouted facial hair and painted their bodies with tattoos aplenty, the guys of One Direction were merely wide-eyed kiddos with dreams of what their lives might have in store for them. That’s exactly what the group’s new video “Story Of My Life” sets out to celebrate, and that emotional punch is exactly why I think it’s their best video yet.

Sure, I’ve enjoyed all of 1D’s videos thus far, but none have pulled at my heartstrings quite like this latest offering. Seeing the guys step into old pictures from their childhood was nothing short of adorable — especially when they slipped into their old clothes. Niall Horan in that sweater? Too cute.

I also love that each guy gets his own moment to shine, even if Harry Styles‘ vocals mostly lead the charge.

‘Story Of My Life': My Favorite Moments

Honestly, I could write a series of novels about how much I love this video, but since there’s only so much time in a day, I’m just going to bullet our five favorite moments. Ready? Let’s begin:

1. Liam Payne develops photos like a boss. Even though all five guys were in the darkroom, Liam seemed the most authentic. I’d definitely hire him to develop photos at my wedding… though it might be tough for him to take pictures and be my groom at the same time.

2. When Zayn Malik hugs his little sister at the 4:01 mark, my ovaries twitch. Every single time.

3. Niall flashes the most adorable smile at 1:45 as he looks at one of his childhood toys. Warms my heart.

4. Do I need to explain why I love seeing Harry in that cute little robe at 2:25, or can we all just agree that it’s adorable?

5. I can’t even handle Louis Tomlinson looking up at the 3:32 mark, remembering his grandparents. He’s so good to his family!

HollywoodLifers, what are YOUR favorite moments from the video? Drop them in the comments section below!

– Emily Longeretta

More One Direction News:

1. Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Are Planning A Huge Wedding
  2. One Direction’s Emotional Video For ‘Story Of My Life’ Leaks — Watch
  3. Zayn Malik: How He Proposed to Perrie Edwards Revealed

Mumtaz Mahal P. Andie

Posted at 7:35 PM on November 17, 2013

I can say that it really was a great video . I really loved it . It shows what the boys are when they were still kiddos . I really wished I could see and meet them in person . :( . It really warms my heart .

Darksaphira

Posted at 1:14 AM on November 15, 2013

It is So heartfelt and almost angelic. I love their voices and this song actually warms up my heart. Every time I see this I cant help but smile

Marry

Posted at 12:23 PM on November 7, 2013

Love it but I crued

EMILY

Posted at 12:08 PM on November 5, 2013

best video and song ever!!!!!

ANGELYNNE

Posted at 10:58 PM on November 4, 2013

LOVE IT

Wendy

Posted at 10:26 PM on November 4, 2013

Untalented twits!

Christina

Posted at 2:49 PM on November 5, 2013

If you don’t like them then why bother to comment? There is no need to be rude and it just makes you look immature.

Pettu

Posted at 1:10 PM on November 4, 2013

Be paid weekly and earn like a boss! I just bought a great Mazda MX-5 from having earned $7126 this past 4 weeks and $10k past-month. Without any doubt this is the easiest and most comfortable job I’ve ever had. I began this 6 months ago and right away was bringing in more than $83 per/h. Here’s what I do Jobs95.ℭOM

Manisha

Posted at 11:41 AM on November 4, 2013

Reblogged this on chocolatebeats and commented:
Aww

dunjav2013

Posted at 11:29 AM on November 4, 2013

Reblogged this on dunjav.

abe

Posted at 11:21 AM on November 4, 2013

it is all thought out by the wizkids of their management.
they just need to perform.