We’ve had ‘Story Of My Life’ on repeat all weekend, and now, we’re sharing our five favorite moments with our fellow Directioners.
Before they sprouted facial hair and painted their bodies with tattoos aplenty, the guys of One Direction were merely wide-eyed kiddos with dreams of what their lives might have in store for them. That’s exactly what the group’s new video “Story Of My Life” sets out to celebrate, and that emotional punch is exactly why I think it’s their best video yet.
Sure, I’ve enjoyed all of 1D’s videos thus far, but none have pulled at my heartstrings quite like this latest offering. Seeing the guys step into old pictures from their childhood was nothing short of adorable — especially when they slipped into their old clothes. Niall Horan in that sweater? Too cute.
I also love that each guy gets his own moment to shine, even if Harry Styles‘ vocals mostly lead the charge.
‘Story Of My Life’: My Favorite Moments
Honestly, I could write a series of novels about how much I love this video, but since there’s only so much time in a day, I’m just going to bullet our five favorite moments. Ready? Let’s begin:
1. Liam Payne develops photos like a boss. Even though all five guys were in the darkroom, Liam seemed the most authentic. I’d definitely hire him to develop photos at my wedding… though it might be tough for him to take pictures and be my groom at the same time.
2. When Zayn Malik hugs his little sister at the 4:01 mark, my ovaries twitch. Every single time.
3. Niall flashes the most adorable smile at 1:45 as he looks at one of his childhood toys. Warms my heart.
4. Do I need to explain why I love seeing Harry in that cute little robe at 2:25, or can we all just agree that it’s adorable?
5. I can’t even handle Louis Tomlinson looking up at the 3:32 mark, remembering his grandparents. He’s so good to his family!
HollywoodLifers, what are YOUR favorite moments from the video? Drop them in the comments section below!
– Emily Longeretta