Corey Feldman’s Mother Says Shocking Abuse Claims Are ‘Not True’

Mon, November 4, 2013 6:08pm EDT by 7 Comments
Corey Feldman Mother Abuse
Splashnews

The former child actor made shocking claims about abuse he suffered through when he was younger — but in a new interview, his mom said that the allegations he made are ‘mostly’ untrue.

Corey Feldman‘s mom Sheila Kenner spoke out against the abuse allegations that her son made in his new tell-all bookCoreyography. Corey accused his parents and members of the Hollywood acting community of physical abuse when he was a kid — claims that Sheila responded to by saying Corey’s experiences were “not all bad.”

Corey Feldman’s Mother Says Shocking Abuse Claims Are ‘Not True’

Corey’s mom did not react well to learning about what Corey said about her in his book. “I’m stressed, but I’m trying,” she told Radar Online. “It’s very hard to deal with. It really is. I just have to deal with it.”

She was not blindsided by Corey’s claims, but she did not agree with what he alleged. “I had a pretty good idea [what was coming in the book] because Corey and I discussed it,” Kenner revealed.

“At one point, we went out to dinner. He said, ‘Mom, you’re not going to like what I have to say.’ I said, ‘Corey, I’m probably not gonna like it. I’m gonna be pretty hysterical and I’m gonna know that most of it is not true.’”

“‘He said, ‘Just go along with it,'” she claimed. “He told me, ‘I want you to know that you’re just gonna be getting swamped.'”

Corey Feldman’s Shocking Abuse Claims Revealed In New Book

In his new book, Corey “accuses his mother of a myriad of abuses, including force-feeding him diet pills, beating him with a curtain rod, doing drugs and more,” according to Radar Online. Corey got legal emancipation from his parents when he was 15 years old.

“There’s always good with bad,” Sheila offered, by way of explanation. “It’s not all negative. The business has been very, very good to our family.”

What do YOU think, HollyMoms? Are you shocked that Corey’s mom said these things?

WATCH: Corey Feldman & Corey Haim Discuss Their Abuse

– Kristine Hope Kowalski

More Corey Feldman News:

1. Corey Feldman: Why It’s Important To Reveal Corey Haim’s Sexual Abuse
  2. Corey Feldman: Childhood Star Reveals Shocking Abusive Past
  3. Former Child Star Corey Feldman Says Hollywood Is Crawling With Pedophiles — Is This A Wake Up Call?

Sherry

Posted at 2:19 AM on November 8, 2013

At 15 years old Corey had worked 13 years, commercials and several films and didn’t have ANYTHING left to show for all the work and sacrifice HE DID!! As a child it wasn’t his job to support his family. His paychecks should have gone into a trust fund or investments, NOT provide luxury cars and spending sprees for greedy parents that’s terribly shameful and that’s not even the worst of what she did…..

Olivia

Posted at 12:06 AM on November 8, 2013

I do believe the boys were molested, as so many kids are in ‘the business’.. And if it only happened once, that would negate everything she felt “good” the business provided her family. How could a mother say that? WTF is wrong with people? No wonder Corey was emancipated. uh, Further evidence that the business ruined their family. She’s an idiot.

Thenextbestthing

Posted at 3:52 AM on November 6, 2013

Reminds me of Eminems mum– they all want their name in the papers

valentinomonroe1

Posted at 12:08 PM on November 5, 2013

She wasn’t there for her to know if he was or was not abused in Hollywood most child stars are taken advantage of.Corey’s mother didn’t deny beating him and was quick to say how his fame has made her lifestyle good.Corey Haim also was abused within the business so how would she know?.

Corey Feldman's Career

Posted at 7:37 AM on November 5, 2013

No one cares about Corey Feldman.

teamcorey

Posted at 8:02 PM on November 4, 2013

“The business was very very good to our family” She means the business was very good to HER. All that matters to this woman is HERSELF. She will even pimp her child and put her child in harms way for the almighty dollar. This just makes me believe Corey more than ever

Suzanne

Posted at 4:23 PM on April 15, 2014

I could not agree more! What a terrible parent and a terrible life for a little boy who didn’t know any better. Kids need parenting and to feel loved. He was a pack mule who brought the family money. Reminds me a little of Michael Jackson’s father Joe.