Nnamdi, 32, is going to be a proud papa soon! After wife Kerry’s pregnancy was announced, we were overjoyed for the sweet couple and wanted to know more about the NFL star. So, what else is there to know about him?
Nnamdi Asomugha is one lucky guy. He’s a cornerback in the NFL and married to Kerry Washington, 36 — but there’s so much more to learn about the expectant dad! Read on for all you need to know about Nnamdi — we totally see why Kerry fell for him!
Nnamdi Asomuga: Get To Know Kerry Washington’s Husband
1. For all non-sports fans, Nnamdi is currently a cornerback in the NFL for the San Francisco 49ers. He’s also played for the Oakland Raiders and the Philadelphia Eagles.
2. Scoot over, Kerry! He may play football — but he’s also got acting credits to his name. Nnamdi’s appeared in episodes of The Game, Friday Night Lights, Leverage, and Funny or Die. He also appeared on the big screen in Fire with Fire starring Bruce Willis, and starred in and produced his own short film, Double Negative. Wow!
3. He has a particular type of color-blindness, discovered when he was seven-years-old. Deuteranomaly affects about six percent of the male population.
4. Nnamdi’s moral character is evident by the amount of awards he’s received! Notably, he received the “Role Model of the Year” award from the National Conference on Citizenship, and was nominated for Sport Illustrated‘s Sportsman of the Year award in 2008 and the Walter Payton Man of the Year award in 2011.
5. He’s of Nigerian descent and has a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of California, Berkeley, in corporate finance. Wow, brains and brawn! Coupled with Kerry’s beauty and intelligence, they’re going to have one amazing son or daughter!
Kerry Washington & Nnamdi Asomuga Expecting First Child
“Kerry and Nnamdi are ecstatic,” a source told People. This will be the first child for the couple.
WATCH: Kerry Washington Got Married — Wendy Williams Show
— Ivy Jacobson