It is finally Halloween and you need that perfect costume for that last party, well thanks to our friends at MAC and their Senior Artist John Stapleton, HollywoodLife.com has you covered for the big night!
Whether it is Rihanna or Cleopatra it is all about looking amazing for Halloween. So thankfully we all have the knowledge of MAC Senior Artist John Stapleton to help us out to make our costumes the best of the bunch. Check out all the tips after the jump!
MAC Senior Artist John Stapleton Shares His Last Minute Halloween Costume Tips
M∙A∙C Senior Artist John Stapleton has provided HollywoodLife.com a full EXCLUSIVE breakdown and his thoughts on how to achieve the Frida Kahlo look in addition to some quick tips for a plethora of other celeb looks for Halloween.
“Her look is ever-changing but one things for sure, she’s always glamorous- try wearing a deep lip liner like Nightmoth and a brighter lipstick in the center of the lip, try Girl About Town.”
- M∙A∙C Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Nightmoth, $15 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/167/340/Products/Lips/Lip-Pencil/Lip-Pencil/index.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU2955
- M∙A∙C Cosmetic Lipstick in Girl About Town, $15 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/168/310/Products/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick/index.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU3186
“Cleopatra is an easy costume to pull together with a nod to Elizabeth Taylor. Try using M∙A∙C Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Clearwater on the eyelid (which has an eight hour wear), it’s a pale blue that can be used as a base and darker blues, purples or Nile inspired green eyeshadows can be added on top of it for intensity.”
- · M∙A∙C Cosmetics Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Clearwater, $20 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/1573/Products/Eyes/Shadow/Pro-Longwear-Paint-Pot/index.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU49815
Lady Gaga Applause
“To get the water colored effect on the face, shave off a little eyeshadow into a container by scoping the surface with a disposable mascara wand, and mix with a gel-like, sheer, liquid moisturizer likeM∙A∙C Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion. Start finger painting!”
- M∙A∙C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion, $40 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/160/21871/Products/Face/Primer/Prep-Prime-Moisture-Infusion/index.tmpl
To get the look of Frida Kahlo, it takes a few simple steps:
1. ”Apply your foundation as usual. Contour under the cheekbones and along the hairline with your favorite Bronzer. Try M∙A∙C Bronzing Powder in Golden for a soft glowy, sun kissed skin.”
2. ” To the apples of the cheeks, apply a soft warm blush. Try Peaches powder blush from M∙A∙C.”
3. ”Here’s where you go from an everyday makeup to Frida. With a dark brown eyeshadow likeM∙A∙C Brun, use a firm brush and stipple a few strokes between the eyebrows to connect them. Using an angled brush like M∙A∙C 266 helps apply strokes of eyeshadow to look like eyebrow hair.”
4. “To add dimension, use M∙A∙C Penultimate eye liner to continue the look of single hairs over the backdrop of brown eyeshadow.”
5. ”Bring a little extra glam to Frida’s face with a red lipstick, why not try Ruby Woo, an exciting matte, bright red lipstick. “
“Add a crown of flowers, throw on a shawl and you’re ready to meet your Diego Torres.”
- M∙A∙C Cosmetics Bronzing Powder in Golden, $25 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/159/302/Products/Face/Powder/Bronzing-Powder/index.tmpl
- M∙A∙C Cosmetics Powder Blush in Peaches, $21 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/156/329/Products/Face/Cheek/Powder-Blush/index.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU2967
- M∙A∙C Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Brun, $15 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/363/Products/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow/index.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU1618
- M∙A∙C Cosmetics Small Angle Brush #266, $20 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/145/289/Products/Brushes/Eye/266-Small-Angle-Brush/index.tmpl
- M∙A∙C Cosmetics Penultimate Eye Liner, $19.50 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/151/4253/Products/Eyes/Liner/Penultimate-Eye-Liner/index.tmpl
- M∙A∙C Cosmetics Lipstick in Ruby Woo, $15 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/168/310/Products/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick/index.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU1136
So HollywoodLifers, Are you ready to make this Halloween the best one yet? With these great tips, how could you go wrong! Tell us all about your experience with these MAC ideas below!
– Russ Weakland