Stars like Camilla, Charlize, Nicole and Alessandra were all golden and glowing at a gala in Beverly Hills, California on Oct. 17. We got a self-tanning expert to spill her top tips so you can glow all year long!
Trend to try! Alessandra Ambrosio, Charlize Theron, Camilla Belle, and Nicole Richie all looked gorgeous at the Inaugural Gala for the Wallis Annenberg Center For The Performing Arts. Just because the temps are dropping doesn’t mean you have to lose your color! Follow their lead and read our expert tips below to get your glow on!
Best Self Tanner — Expert Tips For Flawless Fall Color
Self-tanning expert Alyson Hogg, the CEO of Vita Liberata, shares her expert advice with HollywoodLife.com:
1. Prep the Skin: “Eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Drink lots of water, exfoliate and moisturize the skin with a gentle scrubby brush.”
2. Apply Evenly: “I use a tanning mitt and always start on my face first taking the product down and then blending the body tan with it. Arms, chest and legs follow, but save the feet and hands for last. You want as little product on the mitt as possible for the most realistic results.”
3. Hard to Reach Areas: “What you have to think about is being subtle and real. The skin of the knuckles is dryer and tans darker than other skin. So the big secret is to wipe these areas with a damp cloth after you finished the applying the tan.”
Our Favorite Tanning Product
Vita Liberata pHenomenal Self Tanner is a fast-drying, mousse formula that provides a gorgeous glow. There are three shades available — fair, medium and dark.
Do you like to stay tan all year round, HollywoodLifers?
– Dory Larrabee
More Beauty News:
- Kourtney Kardashian: A Tan Is My Best Accessory — Do You Agree?
- Kim Kardashian’s Gorgeous Blonde Hair & Tan Skin — How To
- Kate Hudson’s Tan Skin: How To Get A Fab Faux Glow Like A Celebrity