Robert Pattinson: Why He Decided Not To Play Christian Grey

Tue, October 29, 2013 12:41pm EDT by 124 Comments
Fameflynet

tet it right

Posted at 10:54 PM on October 29, 2013

@Chloe..do you hear yourself….if she thought it was a good idea to talke on 50 shades he wouldn’t do it in a heartbeat. Someone needs to proof read your material.

Alejandrina

Posted at 9:40 PM on October 29, 2013

I do not believe that. I think he can make his own choises.

Ned

Posted at 8:28 PM on October 29, 2013

Love Kristen and hope this is fake cause she really needs to stay away from rob and his fans for good !

Dee2

Posted at 5:01 PM on October 29, 2013

@Natty Was my comment to @Lynne above your head, dear? I was being cynical.

Natty

Posted at 6:30 PM on October 29, 2013

Yes? back! What’s the problem? Honey will not waste my time with a person you do not cynical equals. if you do not like that kristen fans defend her. your problem. ok?

Alejandrina

Posted at 10:08 PM on October 29, 2013

Natty
the problem with you (little “Miss K” fans) is that you look like a bunch of teenagers who like to fight with everyone (well bullying), even with other fans of her if they disagree with you. You start and then you don´t like it when someone says something about her. And usually you are quite rude with your comments (you, Bad Kitty, Lynne and others).

Posted at 10:24 PM on October 29, 2013

My comment was to Alejandrina,btw.

Alejandrina

Posted at 11:00 PM on October 29, 2013

Heather what?
What ????? Really, you are funny. I think someone said in another post… You are Bad Kitty or you are another one who likes to fight. Sad

Just Sayin

Posted at 12:39 AM on October 30, 2013

@Alejandrina I’m so sorry. Did we hurt your feelings? Too bad. Suck it up. Actually I’m somewhat upset you didn’t include me in that list. I must be slipping. Will have to try harder. Bullying? really? How naive.

Natty

Posted at 6:37 PM on October 29, 2013

I will not waste my time with a cynical person.

Dee2

Posted at 8:32 PM on October 29, 2013

@Natty. LOL It’s obvious that you can’t get enough of wasting your so called time with me. You just keep coming back for more!

Mary Izzabella

Posted at 4:53 PM on October 29, 2013

You did it again Chloe melas- Lies more lies. Too shallow to believe anything of it. I can’t believe folks buy this crap.

Natty

Posted at 4:31 PM on October 29, 2013

I miss my friends-Loui and Bad Kitty.

angie

Posted at 4:16 PM on October 29, 2013

Hollywood life please leave rob and kristen alone!!!!!!

Lynne

Posted at 4:31 PM on October 29, 2013

Hey, there is a really cute article on Kristen Stewart, being a natural Daria.
(the cartoon) It is on huffington it implies that , Kristen and her have a 9 ways the have
in common. It would be great for Kristen to voice a movie on Daria, or
maybe a comedy movie role.

Liberty in Vanity Fair

Posted at 10:59 PM on October 29, 2013

#Lynne, there is also a good picture on vanity fair and the article about Liberty, well, you will have to read it for yourself.

Mary M. Whitmire (@MaryMWhitmire)

Posted at 4:16 PM on October 29, 2013

like Jeffery implied I am startled that a student able to profit ($)7420 in 4 weeks on the internet. have a peek at this site>>> smal.ly/jKBbh

Lapist45

Posted at 4:13 PM on October 29, 2013

Since I started with my online business, I earn $62 every 15 minutes! My best friend has been averaging 11k for months now and he works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out. The potential with this is endless. This is what I do, Jobs95.­­ℭ­­Oℳ

Lynne

Posted at 4:33 PM on October 29, 2013

tacky to advertsise

Posted at 5:09 PM on October 29, 2013

i agree.

l

Posted at 1:20 AM on October 30, 2013

Sloppy of HWL not to delete the advertising.

Concerned

Posted at 3:58 PM on October 29, 2013

Who is the smart one rob is the one in star magazine for being a cocaine addict ,they can’t print lies I think Kristen dumped him bc of his cocaine an drinking problems so I would say Kristen is the smart one !!!!!!!

Posted at 5:17 PM on October 29, 2013

Yep !! If they DO print lies, then that leaves them wide-open for a huuuuuge lawsuit, and they cannot financially nor reputably afford that. They are a tabloid,yes, but they also cannot print outright lies.
There has to be a kernal of truth in that article somewhere, and before the article was pulled,I had been fortunate enough to read it.

Yup

Posted at 5:48 PM on October 29, 2013

Guess the story about ks crawling to RS begging him to take her back is the truth. I knew it!!!!!! Pretty bad when a greasy POS doesn’t even want you! Yuk!

@Yup

Posted at 12:49 AM on October 30, 2013

stupid brain dead idiot.

Heather Dushene

Posted at 1:15 AM on October 30, 2013

Talking about yourself ??

lmp

Posted at 10:04 AM on October 30, 2013

Nonsense. They print lies all the time. Don’t you ever read the stories HWLies prints? You don’t notice that they directly contradict themselves from one day to the next? If they word the fake stories carefully enough, they’re in no danger.

Posted at 1:14 PM on October 30, 2013

To be quite honest, lately,l have read the headlines,then skipped to the comments.
More true info.not to mention, more interesting that way ;)

lmp

Posted at 10:20 AM on October 30, 2013

No, there doesn’t have to be a kernel of truth anywhere, as long as they qualify their statements with things like, “It’s alleged that”….or “It’s reported that”…. or” insiders say”. They have lawyers who tell them exactly how much they have to fudge to avoid getting sued.

Posted at 12:53 PM on October 30, 2013

Ok, Thanks for the clarification :)
I’ve always thought that they cannot print outright lies,that there had to be some grain of truth somewhere in the article.

Glinda

Posted at 3:53 AM on October 30, 2013

What do you mean they print lies all the time. Celebrities know that it is not worth the time or money it would take to sue every rag that prints lies about them. Most of the time it is best to ignore it. If you noticed they had no proof for their allegations. If they actually said they had seen him doing cocaine and named their source then Rob would have a slam dunk case but of coarse they use the anonymous “source”. If you believe even a fraction of what some of these rags say you are seriously naïve. In this article they give us no reason to believe Rob was offered the role much that Kristen told him not to take it. If he was offered the part of CG I give him credit for having enough sense to stay away from a project that would do nothing for his career.

Carold1981 (@Carold19811)

Posted at 3:24 PM on October 29, 2013

my neighbor’s aunt makes $82/hr on the laptop. She has been laid off for 7 months but last month her pay check was $21868 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read Full Article>>>>>>> x.co/2hLYj

Woody88

Posted at 3:13 PM on October 29, 2013

Rob said recently that he does not know any “sources”. I would love to believe that their relationship is normalizing in some way.

Posted at 3:20 PM on October 29, 2013

Maybe now that it is winding down,to over, it will be. On some level. :)

Posted at 3:51 PM on October 29, 2013

to all the amazed and confused

Posted at 4:25 PM on October 29, 2013

@woody88…wise you are. There was never a split and they are still together. I am amazed that anyone even for a minute believes anything these gossip rags print. The media says they split and people believed them. Those same people love the drama. Rob and Kris are way smarter and have gone underground to stay out of the drama. They are united and have their own agenda and are on the same page with each other. It is none of our business how they live and I personally think they are the smartest and most talented couple in Hollywood.

Anonymous

Posted at 2:27 AM on October 30, 2013

@to all No wonder why Hollywood tried to split them up. They are a power couple that would change the way Hollywood operates as long as Rob doesn’t fall for the usual Hollywood traps. Since Kristen grew up in the biz, she is more familiar with it.

Posted at 2:47 AM on October 30, 2013

Well, to be honest, I wonder what Hollywood really thinks of Rob’s alledged coke habit and the many nights he has spent drinking and womanizing his life away ? I would be really curious as to hear what producers,directors and the like, have to say as his life apparently spins out of control.

Dee2

Posted at 2:47 PM on October 29, 2013

I see the Rob bashing is still going on with the low-life Krisbians. I tend to believe what everybody who actually meets and knows Rob say about him.. That he is a nice , sweet, talented, and intelligent young man. Great directors want to work with him. He doesn’t deserve all the nasty, lying comments from all these bitter KS fans.. The honorary Aussie is doing just fine.

Lynne

Posted at 2:57 PM on October 29, 2013

Of course everyone who meets him short term, likes him, he is an actor!

Dee2

Posted at 3:08 PM on October 29, 2013

@Lynne. At least least they’ve got more to go on than you do. Thanks for admitting that he’s a good actor. You must think he’s good if you think he’s fooling everybody. ;)

Posted at 3:14 PM on October 29, 2013

Agreed. On a personal level, he’s an a-hole who fooled everyone for over 5 years.Deserves an Oscar for THAT performance.
Professionally, he is a “great guy.”

donna

Posted at 3:43 PM on October 29, 2013

@Lynne, I usually do not comment but I have read your comments for some time and I am curious to know what Rob Pattinson has done to you to make you dislike him and talk so negative about him. Could you please answer?

Natty

Posted at 4:05 PM on October 29, 2013

@Dee2 back in the comment of @Lynne and read it again. Lynne not admitted that ROB was a “good actor.” She said that ROB a “actor”

Glinda

Posted at 4:01 AM on October 30, 2013

Making a movie with someone and seeing them everyday is not short term. I have never heard of anyone who has really met him say anything bad about him. Some people just want to believe the lies.

Posted at 3:18 PM on October 29, 2013

No,I am not a “Krisbian.” I resent the connection. But yeah, he is a good actor that fooled people to what is true character was about for over 5 years. The a-hole deserves an Oscar.
He is like acid candy: Good-looking on the outside, poison on the inside…

Natty

Posted at 4:12 PM on October 29, 2013

@Heather.. OMG. That was the funniest comment I’ve ever read for a long time that I am in HL and it makes me laugh to the point of leaving tears in my eyes and don’t stop laughing. Congratulations!!!!

Glinda

Posted at 4:04 AM on October 30, 2013

And where do you get your information? Do you know him personally? Do you know someone who knows him? If you are going to say negative things about him you should at least name your sources.

Posted at 4:36 AM on October 30, 2013

I do not need to know him personally to see for myself, the way he had acted in front of the camera, and interviews, then said that his fans were middle-aged women that “sat in front of computers all day” and that we were “clinically insane.”
We paid for his lifestyle and believe it or not, so did you, if you bought any Twilight stuff or saw any of the movies.
Plain and simple, we fans were duped.
Then to be insulted on top of it, is rubbing salt into an open wound.
I spent over 700.00 on Twilight stuff over the 5 year period, and never again.
I do not mind spending the money if the man I thought was worth it , and was a decent guy,who deserved my adoration.

Listen,i have been a Leo fan for over 20 years and have MAYBE spent a total of 150.00 on him, and that includes Titanic posters,(the box set, of Titanic) the movies, the t-shirts, ect,and then the movie books, of Gang Of NY and Titanic.
Never once, in the whole history of it all,in over 20 years, did Leo EVER insult his fans.
Did I ever meet him ? Yes, in Florida, in 1999, 4th of July. I was at a friend’s house and was getting drinks out of the house when i saw him. I was introduced, I spoke to him a total of 5 minutes and then he had to go. I met him a total of 5 minutes and he never insulted me for being a fan.
NEVER ONCE.

Same as for Johnny Depp. Never once have I heard him insult his fanbase. I have been a fan of his, for right at 30 years,and never once did he ever insult his fans. NOT ONCE. Never met him,but I hear he is a sweet man, and gracious to his fans, smiling for the camera with fans,to boot.
Which is more than I can say for Rob.

Posted at 4:40 AM on October 30, 2013

@ Natty :
:) You are quite welcome !

marla

Posted at 3:39 PM on October 29, 2013

@Dee. Thank goodness, someone in her right mind. Rob is a very talented actor and I also have read many, many interviews with his fellow co-stars what a hard worker he is, unpretentious and humble. I would not think that all of these actors are lying but the Krisbians still want to punish him for leaving his ex. This is just another HL story put together to get the pot stirring with hatred. It’s hard to imagine that people can be so cruel to a person that is nonexisted to them. You would think they would be afraid for KStew to happen upon this site and read their comments about Rob.

Natty

Posted at 4:18 PM on October 29, 2013

@marla. All the people working with kristen, speak the same about her. Be a fantastic actress. Hard-working and give the best of themselves. All directors and colleagues speak the same as kristen being a smart person and good actress.

Dee2

Posted at 6:11 PM on October 29, 2013

@marla. Thanks marla. I believe nothing I read on gossip sites and I can’t believe how gullibly stupid some people are. I come on from time to time to see if the the trash talk has died down. I can see that hate is still going strong and the IQ’s have gotten any higher.

@Natty. You go back and read what I said, LOL It must have gone over your head

Lynne

Posted at 7:05 PM on October 29, 2013

We are glad that he is out of Kristen life. This is a good thing for her!!
Rob is his own person, but he is not for a steady relationship with
Kristen: maybe the can be friends, like Jerry and Elane on Seinfeld.

@marla

Posted at 1:01 AM on October 30, 2013

Actually @Dee is in her left mind. Thats the side that controls obsessions and loss of reality. You seem to suffer the same symptoms. Her fans are happy she has moved on and does not have to be dragged into his constant drama. You don’t have to know a person personally to have an opinion or impression of them. Who knows, maybe she is one of the posters commenting on Rpatz.

Heather Dushene

Posted at 1:11 AM on October 30, 2013

lol,now that would be a kick in the pants,wouldn’t it ?
l’v said that it would be funny if she did come on here and comment. Would serve Rob right,too.

Just Sayin

Posted at 4:23 PM on October 29, 2013

@Dee2 Why you blaming the Kristen fans. They just repeat what is reported on this and other sites. If you want to lash out and call someone names, call them out. I know you are a robsessed fan but how about the Kristen bashing? Name calling of Kslut, Kscrew, Kskank and the constant bringing up of cheating accusations. You only see this from one point of view. Oh poor Robbie. If you don’t want negative comments about him tell him to growup and quit making it easy to comment on him. He should stay home more, rent a movie, have some popcorn, practice his karaoke.

@just sayin

Posted at 5:59 PM on October 29, 2013

You shouldn’t be so judgmental about Rob. We read your story about a football career and guess you screwed that up with drugs, but don’t take it out on Rob, he didn’t make you do it. I think your jealous of Rob because he is so hot and handsome like you wish you were, but aren’t. You’re an old guy, right? Why are you here demeaning a young guy like Rob anyway? As for Robsessed fans calling ks names, go read some of the names the Ks fans like you have posted about Rob. Hypocrite!

The young Just Sayin (sort of) :)

Posted at 7:46 PM on October 29, 2013

You read my autobiography too!!! I’m impressed. You said ‘we’. I have a fan club! how cool! I thought you said it was a bunch of BS. Yes, I made some poor lifestyle choices when I was younger, so I can relate to how destructive it is when I see and read about Rpatz. I don’t consider myself old unless you think 38 is old. But of course you are 12 so I guess I am old to you. Jealous? no way. I wouldn’t have his life for anything. I don’t demean, I give honest opinions and observations but you are a Robtard so I can see how you would think that. No hypocrite here sweetie cause when I call you a Robtard I truly mean and believe it.

Dee2

Posted at 8:24 PM on October 29, 2013

@Just saying. I’ve said nothing about Kristen concerning this article or Rob. I put the blame where it obviously belongs and if I tell anyone to grow up it certainly won’t be Rob or Kristen

Glinda

Posted at 4:16 AM on October 30, 2013

Its a free country and Rob has the right to do what ever he pleases as long as it does not hurt anyone else. How would you like it if someone told you to stay at home more? I don’t repeat things that are said about Kristen if their is no proof because that would be spreading gossip. The cheating thing is not just an accusation their is plenty of photographic proof. When you get that kind of proof on the things people accused Rob of doing then I will believe it. But so far there has been no proof just a lot of rumors, gossip and made up stories.

lmp

Posted at 10:10 AM on October 30, 2013

@ Heather Dushene: Kristen has come here and commented from time to time. So has Rob.

Posted at 1:04 PM on October 30, 2013

Ohhhhhh sh!!!!!!t. I had better watch what l say then, haven’t l ?
On the flip side, you know this,how ??

Guest

Posted at 2:42 PM on October 29, 2013

More likely they had this conversation, if at all, prior to the split. FSOG casting had a long trajectory. If she did tell him not to go for it, she gave him good advice. IMO think Rob makes his own decisions and isn’t looking to Kristen for guidance. He made the decision to kick her to the curb just before his Dior campaign, take the dogs, move across town, sell the house they shared, date other people. Um, did I leave anything out? So somehow I don’t think he was looking for K’s imput. He has Nick J. And David C.his good buddy Tom. Nah. Don’t think her number is in his cell anymore. Once she agreed to let him have both dogs he probably went radio silent on her in all matters. The man moved so far down the road away from Kristen, it’s the equivalent of he being on the West cost and she on the East. Kristen is Rob’s Kim k’s equivalent of Kris Humpries, he couldn’t wait to hightail it out of the relationship but the finishing touches on the split will take years to wrap up(in the public’s eye anyway). Bogus story.

me

Posted at 2:50 PM on October 29, 2013

I don’t agree with you often, Guest, but I agree with you on that. I think that they neither talk to, nor miss one another. And, that all of these stories are just to get hits from the Twihards who can’t move on.

@me

Posted at 4:30 PM on October 29, 2013

I don’t think it has anything to do with moving on unless you are referring to his fans that can’t move on from the cheating incident. Which as we all know is just to insight her fans. They don’t have anything else besides name calling. Comments on Rob are primarily based on current events or old events recently revealed. I don’t consider that moving on. If everyone moved on, there would be no comments on this site or any site for that matter.

me

Posted at 4:57 PM on October 29, 2013

@@me
Actually my “not moving on” statement was for those on here who actually believe that Rob & Kristen are still together (that they never broke up or were secretly married & other nonsense).

As for “current events”, I still don’t understand how so many on here can have so much hatred towards someone they have never met or will ever meet. The main offenders are Kristen fans but, what I said also applies to Rob fans would bash Kristen as well.

@@@me

Posted at 8:01 PM on October 29, 2013

I agree. Those people that think they are still together need to move on. As for the negative comments, you have to understand that the comments come from different places and reasons. You have those that are negative cause the relationship broke up and blame one of them. Then you have those that comment mostly for retaliatory reasons. You call him a name and I will call her a name and worse. very childish, juvenile and immature. Those are the true haters and the ones that spoil it for everyone else. If I had a wish for the two of them and could make everything right, I would have them back together, I would have Rob as the early Twilight Rob and I would eliminate the indiscretion incident but I can’t do that and life goes on.

Lynne

Posted at 2:59 PM on October 29, 2013

Kristen kicked him out for drinking, cheating with Katy Perry: it was in long
line of affairs he had with many women behind Kristen’s back!

DL

Posted at 3:06 PM on October 29, 2013

Lies and more lies.Lies and more lies,When will you STOP Hollywood life When?

Posted at 3:33 PM on October 29, 2013

I agree. Wish she had seen it sooner. In a healthy relationship, no woman is caught like she was, that is happy. She was sending a message,lMO. Only it backfired. And she was burned at stake for it.

Glinda

Posted at 4:38 AM on October 30, 2013

Where is your proof and why would Kristen stay with someone if they repeatedly cheated on her? He has been friends with Katy since before him and Kristen were a couple. Katy has made it abundantly clear that they are just friends and she is with John Mayer. Rob is a shy person especially around women he had one long term relationship before he met Kristen as did she. While he was promoting Twilight he said many times in interviews that he couldn’t understand the reaction from the female fans since just the year before he couldn’t even get a date. He has always been his own worst critic which stems from his lack of self-confidence. Some people have accused him of having an ego problem I don’t see where they get that from if anything Rob needs a little more positive ego.

Posted at 4:52 AM on October 30, 2013

Ha ! “Shy person to be around ” !??
Where on earth do you get THAT misguided notion ?? The man is a notorious womanizer, and is spotted with a various degree of women in the few months since the split. He is anything but shy, my dear.

Nardocchio1

Posted at 4:00 PM on October 29, 2013

Please !!!! Do Not Compare Kristen To The Kardashians , Ugg They Are All About Money & Fame !!!!! Nasty , Nasty Family !!!! Starts With The Mamma ..

@ Glinda

Posted at 10:34 AM on October 30, 2013

“Why would Kristen stay with someone if they repeatedly cheated on her? For the same reasons I did. Because she didn’t ‘know. We’re taught that it’s wicked to be suspicious–that we should give the guy his space—that we shouldn’t question or snoop or nag. That we should be trusting. And like Kristen, I loved the guy so much I just couldn’t believe he would lie or cheat.

me

Posted at 4:56 PM on October 29, 2013

@@me

me

Posted at 5:06 PM on October 29, 2013

Sorry, I didn’t mean for my reply to be here in this spot. I got distracted by my actual job. LOL

GotYou

Posted at 2:38 PM on October 29, 2013

Kristen cheater fan for sure would love this fake article. They broke up and not speaking. If Robert believed in every advice she said, they still be together period. It doesn’t make sense if Robert believed and listen to her with something like this and not believed her that she really loved him and Rupert is a mistake? HA, HA! and those braindamaged KS fans so happy to jump to comment nonsense to this. So we can tell who are stupid reader!!!!

Lynne

Posted at 3:00 PM on October 29, 2013

Do they won’t: Kristen advise was to get out!!

Carol deiner

Posted at 2:29 PM on October 29, 2013

Rob’s the smart and savvy one. She has unimpressive movies coming out. I won’t spend my cash on hers. His, I will. MTTS, Mission Blcklst, Life, etc. all good choices

guest23

Posted at 3:29 PM on October 29, 2013

All you had to do was say you didn’t like Kristen. I like both rob and Kristen,both of them have interesting upcoming films that they have filmed this year plus there is a strong chance they will both have films at Cannes next year.

Lynne

Posted at 5:35 PM on October 29, 2013

That is a good Idea, there will be plenty of room in the theater!
If they get there, maybe you can get a great deal on Netflix.
I am waiting for SWATH2

tony

Posted at 11:13 PM on October 29, 2013

@Lynne, you are going to be waiting a long time for there isn’t even a date for it yet. I think they are having a hard time casting.

@tony

Posted at 1:11 AM on October 30, 2013

My understanding is delays are around the script which in turn will drive the casting. Once the script is decided on then the casting will quickly be completed. Plus Chris seems to have a busy schedule and it would have to fit in.

Louise

Posted at 2:14 PM on October 29, 2013

Don’t believe a word of this article. I don’t believe he would have taken the role at all. He’s in to doing different types of movies, and would never have gotten into another “book series”. Especially now when he doesn’t need the exposure or the money. Please, please every thing you people write about Rob does NOT have to include “Kristen” or even a picture of her…

me

Posted at 2:51 PM on October 29, 2013

Agreed

@Louise

Posted at 4:48 PM on October 29, 2013

agree! Get his ugly mug away from her.

Question

Posted at 2:11 PM on October 29, 2013

In all reality…how many women really want to SEE Fifty shades of grey? As women, we might want to read it but how many women are going to want to SEE some man swearing the F word at a woman? I wouldn’t! I’ve always had the sneaking suspiction that a man actually wrote it.

@Question

Posted at 4:54 PM on October 29, 2013

I have always had the opinion that it will not be a commercial success. It will not be like the book cause it will be so chopped up just to get an NC17 rating. If there is extensive nudity, it will be professional suicide for the actors. And if there is not, it won’t be anything like the book. Interesting to see what happens.

Lynne

Posted at 12:35 AM on October 30, 2013

I do not think you read the book from your comments, I like the new choice for CGrey:
I never seen him in anything, it will be fun to see some one new

♥RK

Posted at 2:02 PM on October 29, 2013

@Just Sayin….I agree with you, great comment. About Kristen having more experience in the business that is 100% true, but still, someone will come out with nasty things to say, they know is true but they will never admitted. Anyway…ones again…great comment.

Think

Posted at 1:58 PM on October 29, 2013

This is a case of sour grapes. Robert wanted this roll more than anything but was never offered it so now he’s saying it was because of Kristen. Come-on! He never speaks to her but his reps are trying to save-face. There is more about this guy that only the people on the inside know about…and that’s why he didn’t get the part.

Natty

Posted at 2:01 PM on October 29, 2013

Agreed well said!!!

Glinda

Posted at 4:49 AM on October 30, 2013

He didn’t say anything Hollywood Life made it all up. I don’t care if they offered it to him or not I am just glad he is not involved it. You have to stop believing everything you read in these gossip sites.

Natty

Posted at 1:46 PM on October 29, 2013

for the love of Christ. That man be a big joke of hollywood actors. This guy is a big mess and immature. He has 16 years? Will grow your stupid mentality. And drink less to be better. Maybe the booze be reaching your livers and your brain. Falls in reality.

Glinda

Posted at 4:57 PM on October 30, 2013

You need to take a breath and calm down then maybe you could write something that is coherent. I didn’t understand a thing you said. The idea is to get your point across and if people can’t understand you it doesn’t make sense to even comment.

Just Sayin

Posted at 1:13 PM on October 29, 2013

I don’t know what to make of this report. It does not surprise me if they are still in contact. You don’t share the life experience they had with Twilight and not remain friendly and in contact to some degree. If that is not the case then it is sadder than them breaking up. Not sure they are in contact everyday though. Its hard for me to believe they talk everyday but never face to face. At least not that we know of. She has stated multiple times that she does not tell Rob what to do and has always given him his space. So if advise was given it would have been Rob reaching out to her. That makes sense to me since she has been in the business all her life and has navigated her career very well. So sharing her career opinions does not surprise me.The only opposite opinion on that would be whether his ego would allow for that. I have always thought Rob was less mature than Kristen, even though she is 4 years younger. My question is, If she truly is offering career advise, why not offer lifestyle advise as well? I know that opinion is split on this but at some point people’s opinion (director’s, producers, film execs) on your lifestyle and personal choices can impact career opportunities. Kristen I am sure is well aware of that. This is an interesting topic to share opinions on. Oh and @Guest, do you think he seeks out Dylan’s advise? Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Posted at 1:32 PM on October 29, 2013

:) agreed.

Lynne

Posted at 1:51 PM on October 29, 2013

Agreed, She almost lived in the business, she knows the poltics the business,
Rob has to be careful of his drinking because movies have to get insurance to
be made. If he get a rep for being drunk, he may lose work.
One of my favorite actors James Caan(from God father) had that problem as good
as he was, he was turned down for work because of drugs and booze.

Glinda

Posted at 5:10 AM on October 30, 2013

As long as Rob shows up on time and is prepared that is all that matters to directors and producers. People like James Caan, Robert Downey Jr., Ryan O’Neal, Nick Nolte, etc., let the drinking and drug problems interfere with their work. I am glad Downey after repeated visits to rehab got himself back on the right track and I hope Nolte has also because he is a great actor. No one has ever said Rob’s drinking has ever interfered with him making a movie or promoting one. There is really no proof he has a problem. Just because he goes out and has a few drinks does not mean he is an alcoholic if it did most of young Hollywood would be alcoholics as well as a large majority of young people in general. Most of you have no idea what traits a person must demonstrate to be considered an alcoholic.

Posted at 11:03 PM on October 30, 2013

Glinda: You are wrong. Can we say “enabler”? That is what you sound like. Give excuses much ?
I work with those with drug and alsohol abuse addictions.You are F.O.S.

Glinda Vegliacich

Posted at 1:11 AM on October 31, 2013

No you are wrong and I don’t care if you do work with alcoholics and addicts. If that is true then you should know better than to label someone when you have no first hand knowledge of that person. Only a crack pot would do something like that it certainly is not the behavior of a professional. I grew up with a violent alcoholic for a father so I know something about the subject. The last thing I would ever do is become an enabler. I spent several years going to Adult Children of Alcoholics meetings in order to deal with the fallout from my childhood. As a teacher I have worked with a lot of troubled kids so don’t get on your high horse as if no one else but you knows anything. I don’t know why someone like you would get on a website like this and demean yourself and the work you say you do. You should know that if Rob has a problem, and I certainly have no information that would led me to believe he does, no one can help him until he acknowledges he has a problem and is willing to accept help. I happen to like this young man and I don’t like people who are bullies and that is what a lot of people who visit these sites are and they hide behind their computers and try to destroy anyone who dares to disagree with them. If you really cared about Rob you would not be saying some of the things you have said. That is why I find it very hard to believe you are a member of any responsible profession.

Posted at 2:04 AM on October 31, 2013

Unlike you, I do not pussyfoot around anything and i most certainly do candy-coat anything, either. Believe what you want to,I know what i do for a living. I,too, am an ACoA&A, but unlike you, i chose to heal and move on, not stay stuck in my abused past.
For the record, I do not like Rob and have stated so, and why,in alot of articles. When i see a change in him, he may,and i stress,MAY, regain my respect, until then, i am entitled to my opinion, as are you.

Glinda Vegliacich

Posted at 6:10 AM on October 31, 2013

You seem to have a narcissistic personality. You know everything and you are always right and you are very judgmental. I started not to respond to you again but like I said I don’t like bullies. For your information the reason I went to Adult Children of Alcoholics was to heal and put my past behind me and I did that in my twenties. I am sure you are aware that a person can have an alcoholic personality without drinking and you seem to be a very angry person. You remind me of my brother who could never accept that he had a problem even though he didn’t drink. He likes to control people and is never willing to admit he is wrong. In every relationship he has to be in control and certainly is not beyond being verbally abusive and judgmental. I love him and I understand why he is like he is but I can always walk away but his family especially his children are trapped. He hated my dad and had good reason and I am sure he doesn’t think he is like him. He is not physically abusive but he is verbally and emotionally. I have had a happy marriage and raised a well adjusted son and have been successful in my chosen profession so if you could be so wrong about me you could certainly be wrong about Rob. You may need to reacquaint yourself with the Serenity Prayer and the Golden Rule. You can be a strong person and stand up for yourself without belittling people and creating dissention. I love a good debate but I try not to make it personal because that is something I never let my students do.

Guest

Posted at 7:39 PM on October 29, 2013

No, Dylan isn’t in the business, maybe he seeks her advice on his hair cut and the suit he’s wearing b/c he says he’s insecure up till he leaves the house…. Lol.

lmp

Posted at 6:45 AM on October 30, 2013

If he asks Kristen for lifestyle advice, she will know, wise woman that she is, that what he really want is for her to tell him that what he has already decided to do is right . Guys don’t want actual advice from us. Even if the guy you love is driving off a cliff, the most help you can usually give is a discrete nudge……

……because of the ego you speak of. That’s hardly a unique Rpats feature. Every guy has one, and we girls learn to live with it–very carefully.. Yet, somehow Kristen needs to get up the courage to suggest that he get professional help for his depression and his substance problems. It’s urgent, and there’s nobody else to do it. But she may not realize how much those contributed to the “bad choices” that lead to their breakup.

Bad choices isn’t really the right term. The stupid things we do when we are depressed and/or addicted aren’t exactly choices, because they have biological causes–altered brain chemistry, in the case of depression, and physical damage to brain synapses, in the case of addiction. Addiction damages the neuronal connections between the pre-frontal lobes (the centers of foresight and planning), and the nucleus accumbens, (which controls habitual behavior) so that we CAN’T act on the good advice our pre-frontal lobes give us. It doesn’t get through. It’s like trying to drive when the steering column has been severed. You turn on the motor, step on the gas, and no matter how you turn the steering wheel, the car is going to go in the direction the wheels are already pointing (to the CM).

The “bad choices ” have biological causes, and biological remedies. These don’t work without your co-operation, but there are medications that can make recovering from addiction a lot easier. That’s why you want, in addition to a twelve-step or similar program, a real psychiatrist, who is a medical doctor and can prescribe medications. Check the previous thread for more about that, and the N-Acetylcysteine I mentioned earlier, which you can get, yourself, from the health food store.).

Glinda

Posted at 4:40 PM on October 30, 2013

You have a lot of nerve acting like you can analyze a person you have never met much less spoken to. You may be great at quoting a psychology text book but the idea that you can diagnose someone you know nothing about is ridiculous. Rob is shy and needs to work on his self-confidence but I don’t believe he has an alcohol or drug problem. He may have been a little down as a result of what happened with Kristen but I certainly do not think he is clinically depressed. Someone who is seriously depressed finds it very difficult to function and Rob seems to be functioning very well. I think some people would like to see him fail and that is just mean spirited. Be careful what you wish on other people because karma can really do some damage.

Lol

Posted at 1:11 PM on October 29, 2013

He can’t decide himself?!.. This guy is a joke & a mess! . I thought he said ; he is more matured at this age!.

GotYou

Posted at 2:30 PM on October 29, 2013

You are a Kristen fan for sure. You believed something like this. This article is for stupid people who don’t what is real and made up article just for someone like you to comment something outrageous. You take the bait.

Susan G

Posted at 1:00 PM on October 29, 2013

Chloe: Do you even PROOFREAD your articles??? “If K-Stew had told him that she thought it was a good plan to take on the E.L. James role, he wouldn’t have done it in a heartbeat.” If you are actually getting paid for this, please send me a CHECK!

abe

Posted at 12:43 PM on October 29, 2013

his life is still full of mistakes, folks!!

guest

Posted at 3:51 PM on October 29, 2013

@abe..what’s your life like, mistake free. Why concern yourself over a man that is not in your life, who does not know that you even exist, yet you feel compelled to hopefully be a part of his life. Are you that lonely, then get off the keyboard and go out and meet people.

me

Posted at 5:07 PM on October 29, 2013

Clapping…

Glinda

Posted at 5:14 AM on October 30, 2013

Name a few and give us proof. No rumors or hearsay just facts.